Zotac GTX 760 running extremely different onto computers.

Ok, so my brother uses a Zotac GTX 760 AMP edition gpu along with an AMD 4000's series cpu. I on the other hand, have a EVGA GTX 570 with a AMD FX 8350 cpu. I wanted to bench his GPU against mine using Uniengine's Heaven benchmark. For some reason his score was 1771, and mine was 1800 overclocked. Confused about why this was happening, I opened Beamng drive to see how many FPS his GPu would get, and once again confused, his gpu was "maxed out" at 100% (based on what MSI afterburner was telling me) at a disappointing 12fps. This applied to all maps, and to everything that I tried in the game. The fps was locked at 12-13, and did not change like it normally would based on the map.

We put his GPu back into his computer, and everything worked like expected. We ran the Unigen Heaven benchmark again and he got a score of 2800. beamng ran at the maximum 60fps. 

Does anyone know why this happens? I made sure that all the drivers where updated on both computers, and made sure that nothing was sucking the power in the background. we both have similar motherboards, 16gb ram, and AMD FX cpus.

*edit: I have a 8350, he has the 4000 series, and i have the locked 12fps.

Dell XPS 15 9570 w/ ThinkPad T430

5 minutes ago, Thunder_Ruler0 said:

Ok, so my brother uses a Zotac GTX 760 AMP edition gpu along with an AMD 4000's series cpu. I on the other hand, have a EVGA GTX 570 with a AMD FX 8350 cpu. I wanted to bench his GPU against mine using Uniengine's Heaven benchmark. For some reason his score was 1771, and mine was 1800 overclocked. Confused about why this was happening, I opened Beamng drive to see how many FPS his GPu would get, and once again confused, his gpu was "maxed out" at 100% (based on what MSI afterburner was telling me) at a disappointing 12fps. This applied to all maps, and to everything that I tried in the game. The fps was locked at 12-13, and did not change like it normally would based on the map.

We put his GPu back into his computer, and everything worked like expected. We ran the Unigen Heaven benchmark again and he got a score of 2800. beamng ran at the maximum 60fps. 

Does anyone know why this happens? I made sure that all the drivers where updated on both computers, and made sure that nothing was sucking the power in the background. we both have similar motherboards, 16gb ram, and AMD FX cpus.

The FX 8350 is better than the FX 4000 series. 

✨PC Specs✨

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X | MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus | 16GB Team T-Force 3400MHz | Zotac GTX 1080 AMP EXTREME

BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | NZXT 750W | Phanteks Eclipse P400A

Extras: ASUS Zephyrus G14 (2021) | OnePlus 7 Pro | Fully restored Robosapien V2, Omnibot 2000, Omnibot 5402

23 minutes ago, ShadowTechXTS said:

This is all that needs to be said; The CPU is also a determining factor.

LIBERATOR: Core i5 6400 @ 2.7GHz | GeForce GTX 670 2 GB | HyperX Fury 8GB DDR4 @ 2133 MHz | 250 GB Samsung 850 Evo SSD
My new build; Liberator, Check it out

The more friendly we are, the more helpful we are!

MY OLD BUILD (AKA PREBUILT MONSTROSITY)
INSANITY: AMD Athlon II X2 @ 3.0 GHz | Geforce GT 720 2 GB | 4 GB DDR3 @ 1333 MHz | 120 GB Silicon Power SSD | 500 GB Hitachi HDD

37 minutes ago, Philcat101 said:

This is all that needs to be said; The CPU is also a determining factor.

1 hour ago, ShadowTechXTS said:

Yes but the brother has the APU so should perform worse, however the poster has the 8350 so should perform better, however he is not.

The GPU's with the 8350 is doing worse then with the APU.

It's not a race to the bottom.

10 hours ago, 0x1e said:

Yes but the brother has the APU so should perform worse, however the poster has the 8350 so should perform better, however he is not.

The GPU's with the 8350 is doing worse then with the APU.

Older PCIe slot?

✨PC Specs✨

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X | MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus | 16GB Team T-Force 3400MHz | Zotac GTX 1080 AMP EXTREME

BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | NZXT 750W | Phanteks Eclipse P400A

Extras: ASUS Zephyrus G14 (2021) | OnePlus 7 Pro | Fully restored Robosapien V2, Omnibot 2000, Omnibot 5402

53 minutes ago, ShadowTechXTS said:

Older PCIe slot?

I would guess this also ...

My HD7870 runs better on my "newish" i3 than it did on my old C2Q. Even at stock speeds the GPU is faster with the i3 than max OC on the C2Q.

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

I'm pretty sure Uniengine Heaven also uses your CPU as well to benchmark your whole PC rather than just the GPU.

I have a brand new Asus motherboard, and just to be clear, I am the one with the lower score, and the 8350. 

Dell XPS 15 9570 w/ ThinkPad T430