Dont like the chrome update, is there a way to downgrade?

Snickerzz

dont like the new tab view, anyway to get the old layout back? :c

post-5552-0-83399400-1380080016_thumb.pn

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

I personally really love it, don't know if you can switch it back though.

Also, 7 Days to Die! 

i just dont like it personally, find it useless. and yea! :DD

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

Most of the time, I just middle click my bookmarks, so I never really see this page. Does it really bother you that much?

"Say it, do it, preach it, shout it, but never, absolutely never, believe your own bullshit"   

Credited with the whole female avatar trend

Your thoughts here http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/67178-your-top-three/

Downgrading security-critical software like a browser is generally a bad idea.

Don't think you can because Google Chrome installer gets its files by downloading it from the internet and the standalone installers would be updated. The only way you can do it is by finding a third party source but not sure how to disable the automatic updates. Personally wouldn't do it since its unsafe.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

Most of the time, I just middle click my bookmarks, so I never really see this page. Does it really bother you that much?

yes

wth i don't have that! what version is this?

restart your comp/chrome

Version 29.0.1547.76 m

Downgrading security-critical software like a browser is generally a bad idea.

they changed the layout, thats it afaik

they changed the layout, thats it afaik

They may not have introduced security fixes in the latest version, but they certainly will in future updates.

Hmm, don't think I ever updated Chrome....

Not that i don't want to, it's just I never got a warning prompt for it or something so thought everything was ok.

I like it, looks clean everything I need on the one page.  If you don't like what they did to the chrome browser on desktops you may not like the changes on the mobile.

If your really not liking it then there alternative internet browsers, how about that Internet Explorer that any good to you?

Cry Havoc!

I don't like it. I like the new flatter Google logo but I had a lovely page of shortcuts that now take two clicks to get to

"Everybody wants a happy ending, right? But it doesn’t always roll that way." - TS

in the url type Chrome : // flags (no spaces)

find Enable Instant Extended API 

and disable it 

that's what i did to get the old apps page back 

Go to chrome://flags/ , use the find function and type in "Enable Instant Extended API". Disable that feature to get the old "new tab" menu back.

From another thread.

Every topic I post in dies.

Mine just updated a little while ago. Eh, seems to be alright, not like its horrible or anything. Don't know why they decided to put the Apps on bookmarks though....

Wait a minute...my recently closed tabs option is gone...

http://filehippo.com/download_google_chrome/

Not advised but it's there if you want. :)

I still don't have it yet i've apparently got the latest version of chrome :/ 

CPU: Intel Core i5 4670K | CPU Cooler: Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo | Motherboard: Asus Z87 PRO | Ram: Corsair Vengence 8GB DDR3 | Graphics Card: Asus GTX 670 Direct CU II OC | SSD128GB Samsung 840 Evo  | HDD: 2TB Seagate Barracuda 

Case: CM Storm Scout 2 | Monitor: 2x LG 22EA53VQ IPS 

Hmm, don't think I ever updated Chrome....

Not that i don't want to, it's just I never got a warning prompt for it or something so thought everything was ok.

it updates silently while you browse whit chrome and it applies the update only when you restart the computer

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here