Where do you see VR controls going next?

Where do you see the controls of VR kits going next? What do you think needs to be the next big thing that makes VR that much more amazing?

In my opinion the next feature that VR needs is to let users move their character. Somehow. The vive is already destroying the oculus (no hate plz) becuase of its ability to let you move around. Imagine a game where you have the accuracy and versatility of movement that many VR games offer. But you can move around from one spot. 

The way I see this happening is through some sort of half way measure. A kind of directional control pad on the hand held sticks. (sortof like console thumbsticks). This simplification of movement IMO would be fine because of what it would allow the game devs/ any one else to do with VR. 

What is the next big improvement for VR in your opinion?

Actually being transported to the digital world, like in that one Scooby Doo movie. The ending was lit tbh

image.jpeg

MSI GE72 Apache Pro-242 - (5700HQ : 970M : 16gb RAM : 17.3" : Win10 : 1TB HDD : Razer Anansi : Some mouse) - hooked up to a 34UM58-P (WFHD) in dual screen

iPad Air 2 (for school)

iPhone 6

Xbox One Forza 6 Limited Edition Blue

Haptic feedback, preferably gloves.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

Some sort of frame to hold you up and prevent you from falling while you move. It should detect leg/arm movements

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X | ASUS TUF GAMING X570-PRO | G.Skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB @3600MHz CL16 | AMD Radeon 6800 XT Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 5 w/ Tempered Glass | Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB + ADATA SU800 2TB | Corsair HX1000iNoctua NH-D15 chromax.black

@Atmos Haptics would be awesome TBH. I think Luke has talked about haptics in games before (besides that fast as possible). I think he was thinking more about a vest that would simulate things in an FPS. You mean haptic gloves that would simulate weight and feel and stuff though right?

@Riki the Legendary Heropon Do you mean like a gyroscopic cage that you like run in and it supports you? or just one that keeps you from falling on your face?

Just now, Lilithty said:

@Riki the Legendary Heropon Do you mean like a gyroscopic cage that you like run in and it supports you? or just one that keeps you from falling on your face?

Yeah like a gyroscopic cage, but with movement sensors

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X | ASUS TUF GAMING X570-PRO | G.Skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB @3600MHz CL16 | AMD Radeon 6800 XT Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 5 w/ Tempered Glass | Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB + ADATA SU800 2TB | Corsair HX1000iNoctua NH-D15 chromax.black

2 minutes ago, Lilithty said:

@Atmos Haptics would be awesome TBH. I think Luke has talked about haptics in games before (besides that fast as possible). I think he was thinking more about a vest that would simulate things in an FPS. You mean haptic gloves that would simulate weight and feel and stuff though right?

weight, feel, texture (though that's hard) and such yes,

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

@Riki the Legendary Heropon How would that work? If there was just a harness wouldnt that get tiring just hanging there? Or would it be some kind of like arm that mounts to a suit that you wear?

@Atmos Oh yeah. I know that we have a while to go before we get anything good.

1 minute ago, Lilithty said:

@Riki the Legendary Heropon How would that work? If there was just a harness wouldnt that get tiring just hanging there? Or would it be some kind of like arm that mounts to a suit that you wear?

Something like this, though it's very rough to what I pictured 

2 minutes ago, Riki the Legendary Heropon said:

Something like this, though it's very rough to what I pictured, would like to see more movement sensors in the future

Oops double post

13 hours ago, Lilithty said:

Where do you see the controls of VR kits going next? What do you think needs to be the next big thing that makes VR that much more amazing?

In my opinion the next feature that VR needs is to let users move their character. Somehow. The vive is already destroying the oculus (no hate plz) becuase of its ability to let you move around. Imagine a game where you have the accuracy and versatility of movement that many VR games offer. But you can move around from one spot. 

The way I see this happening is through some sort of half way measure. A kind of directional control pad on the hand held sticks. (sortof like console thumbsticks). This simplification of movement IMO would be fine because of what it would allow the game devs/ any one else to do with VR. 

I think that vests that "hit" you with a piston when you get shot in a game would be cool, and free moving view and gun movements. I also think that if you had elbow pad and knee pads and gloves that could be tracked with the Vive cameras so that you wouldn't need that weird controller thing.

Edited by butterboy451

Ready Player One has some very advanced but also realistic VR devices in it. 

My posts are in a constant state of editing :)

CPU: i7-4790k @ 4.7Ghz MOBO: ASUS ROG Maximums VII Hero  GPU: Asus GTX 780ti Directcu ii SLI RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance PSU: Corsair AX860 Case: Corsair 450D Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB, WD Black 1TB Cooling: Corsair H100i with Noctua fans Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift

laptop

Some ASUS model. Has a GT 550M, i7-2630QM, 4GB or ram and a WD Black SSD/HDD drive. MacBook Pro 13" base model
Apple stuff from over the years
iPhone 5 64GB, iPad air 128GB, iPod Touch 32GB 3rd Gen and an iPod nano 4GB 3rd Gen. Both the touch and nano are working perfectly as far as I can tell :)

On 5/12/2016 at 6:33 PM, Lilithty said:

One day they will eventually move away from cheap indie horror games and other crappy first-to-market ploys where old movies already one upped them decades ago. It just seems odd that at this point moving forward we're still so far behind. :/