Sell SLI 970's x2 for 1080?

MVPernula

Should I keep what I have or just sell my 970's as fast as I can to get the 1080?

5 minutes ago, MVPernula said:

Should I keep what I have or just sell my 970's as fast as I can to get the 1080?

What game benchmarks have you checked out to make sure it'll perform better than your current SLI setup?

2 minutes ago, imreloadin said:

What game benchmarks have you checked out to make sure it'll perform better than your current SLI setup?

One 1080 is supposed to perform better than dual 980's!

2 minutes ago, MVPernula said:

Yeah because we can just take the word of someone who is trying to get you to buy their product as 100% accurate...

1 minute ago, MVPernula said:

V

4 minutes ago, imreloadin said:

(if you didn't get it already, he's saying "wait for the cards to come out first before you ask us if it's worth trading").

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!

I would wait for the tech youtubers to make a "1080 benchmark video" just to make sure the performance checks out, if it does, sell your SLI setup as fast as possible, because once the 1080 and 1070 come out there won't be that much use for the 900 line.

i know i would, regardless of whether the 1080 will perform better or not (likely about the same tbh)

because you get more vram and G5X :D

and less power consumption and what not

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

7 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

i know i would, regardless of whether the 1080 will perform better or not (likely about the same tbh)

because you get more vram and G5X :D

and less power consumption and what not

See, this is what I'm feeling as well. Even if I would for some reason drop in performance, something I highly doubt, I think GX5 and the extra VRAM makes up for it as well as not having to deal with SLI scaling issues and whatnot.

1 minute ago, MVPernula said:

See, this is what I'm feeling as well. Even if I would for some reason drop in performance, something I highly doubt, I think GX5 and the extra VRAM makes up for it as well as not having to deal with SLI scaling issues and whatnot.

exactly, that's why i would sell those 970s

only if you can get them to sell, the market should be flooded by now lol

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

5 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

exactly, that's why i would sell those 970s

only if you can get them to sell, the market should be flooded by now lol

Yeah I've already put them up for sale, wouldn't mind being GPU-free a couple of weeks if I can get my hands on that beast :D

Oh heck yea....  or you could get 2 1070's instead since you seem like the SLI type.

I'd really only get the 1070 since I run 1080p 60hz anyhow. But I'll see how the price goes.