Aspire M3470G

tomcatv1

Any suggestions on an upgrade for this machine? An Aspire M3470G?

Thanks.

Tom Rodeheaver

what do you currently have in it?

Double your ram or buy an SSD. That would be a good start.
You wont have a mount for the SSD, though. 
A 950 is relatively cheap and would be a huge boost over that 6530.
[Getting a 950 would mean a new PSU and case]

[CPU: 4.7ghz I5 6600k] [MBAsus Z170 Pro G] [RAM: G.Skill 2400 16GB(2x8)]

[GPU: MSI Twin Frozr GTX 970] [PSU: XFX Pro 850W] [Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo]
[Storage: 500GB WD HDD / 128GB SanDisk SSD ] [Case: DeepCool Tessaract]

[Keyboard: AZIO MGK1] [Mouse: Logitech G303] [Monitor: 2 x Acer 23" 1080p IPS]

A Raspberry Pi?

CPU: AMD 5950X    MB: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero    RAM: HyperX Predator 64GB    GPU: Nvidia RTX 3090 Ti FE    SSD: Seagate FireCuda 530 2TB    
PSU: EVGA 1200w P2    COOLING: EK AIO Elite 360    CASE: Fractal Design Torrent 
   DISPLAY: LG CX48 4k OLED    AUDIO: HIFIMAN Arya SE

a GPU? like not onboard graphics, its pretty bad over all to be honest but i think the lack of a graphics card is a major bottleneck in over all preformance

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

4 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

a GPU? like not onboard graphics, its pretty bad over all to be honest but i think the lack of a graphics card is a major bottleneck in over all preformance

Their prebuilt came with an APU. It is what it is. Use it as a backup and start from scratch.

If anyone asks you never saw me.

You actually have some pretty decent expansion options, you seem to have 4 ram slots. Pick up an extra 4gb of ram. Then get a 120gb ssd, then for the ultimate upgrade, Get a 750 ti MAKE SURE IT DOES NOT REQUIRE EXTERNAL POWER, so get the single fan 750 tis and you got a decent rig.

Main PC |CPU - i7-6700k|GPU - R9 290x tri-x 4gb|RAM - 16gb ddr4|MOBO - MSI z170 - A PRO|HDD - WD 1TB/240gb Sandisk |PSU - 700w Raidmax

Laptop |CPU - i7 4720hq|GPU - 960m 2gb|Ram - 8gb 2x4|Model - y50-70 Touch|SSD - 240gb Patriot drive|Display - 1920x1080 IPS touch

1 minute ago, Mohenjo said:

You actually have some pretty decent expansion options, you seem to have 4 ram slots. Pick up an extra 4gb of ram. Then get a 120gb ssd, then for the ultimate upgrade, Get a 750 ti MAKE SURE IT DOES NOT REQUIRE EXTERNAL POWER, so get the single fan 750 tis and you got a decent rig.

Dude, it's got a A6-3620. Top clock is 2.5. Let it go.

Just now, App4that said:

Dude, it's got a A6-3620. Top clock is 2.5. Let it go.

i mean its still a quad core, sure its not the best and most likley be a bottleneck but in terms of specs its not the worst. Its probably equivalent to a q8400 or something. 

Main PC |CPU - i7-6700k|GPU - R9 290x tri-x 4gb|RAM - 16gb ddr4|MOBO - MSI z170 - A PRO|HDD - WD 1TB/240gb Sandisk |PSU - 700w Raidmax

Laptop |CPU - i7 4720hq|GPU - 960m 2gb|Ram - 8gb 2x4|Model - y50-70 Touch|SSD - 240gb Patriot drive|Display - 1920x1080 IPS touch

1 minute ago, Mohenjo said:

i mean its still a quad core, sure its not the best and most likley be a bottleneck but in terms of specs its not the worst. Its probably equivalent to a q8400 or something. 

Complete waste of money to do anything with it. Quad core or not we're talking stone age IPC.

In all seriousness I think it would be a waste of time and money to upgrade that system. Save up and spend the money on a new system.

CPU: AMD 5950X    MB: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero    RAM: HyperX Predator 64GB    GPU: Nvidia RTX 3090 Ti FE    SSD: Seagate FireCuda 530 2TB    
PSU: EVGA 1200w P2    COOLING: EK AIO Elite 360    CASE: Fractal Design Torrent 
   DISPLAY: LG CX48 4k OLED    AUDIO: HIFIMAN Arya SE