6600k vs 3770k

Im trying to trade or sell my secondary system (fx6300,gtx960,8gbram) for

a higher end intel processor, motherboard, and ram combo and I was planning

on selling it and getting a 6600k, 8gb of ram, and a msi sli mobo but I got an

offer on craigslist for 16gb ram, 3770k, and a asrok z77 extreme4 mobo.

I am going to be getting the gtx 1080 in a few weeks so i want to make sure 

my processor wont bottle neck it.

Would the 3700k bottleneck a gtx 1080(by estimation, ik theres no benchmarks), and

is the 6600k better than the 3700k for gaming? Thanks for the help

6600K.

OC'able, plus new Skylake features and better performance PRE-OC

Roses are red

My name is Roy

We caught the alligator that ate the De Luca boy

I would go with the 6600k. Based on Cinebench scores that I have done, it preforms a good amount better than the 3770. I am running it at 4.4GHz on 1.33 vcore which is pretty conservative. http://imgur.com/yuXGejL

2 hours ago, OneSaltyDog said:

- Would the 3700k bottleneck a gtx 1080(by estimation, ik theres no benchmarks), and

- is the 6600k better than the 3700k for gaming? Thanks for the help

- No not really especially if it's overclocked a bit...

- Yes the i5-6600K is noticeably better in games...it's a faster processor overall.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

4 hours ago, OneSaltyDog said:

I got an offer on craigslist for 16gb ram, 3770k, and a asrok z77 extreme4 mobo.

For what price?

Almost everything is a "deal" at the right price. :)

I have a few Sandy Bridge machines kicking around (including a new one that I just bought off eBay).  The price of them is so low and the performance so high, they aren't worth selling.  In fact, I just bought another!  (i5-2400)

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/10/2016 at 8:46 PM, Balfan123 said:

I would go with the 6600k. Based on Cinebench scores that I have done, it preforms a good amount better than the 3770. I am running it at 4.4GHz on 1.33 vcore which is pretty conservative. http://imgur.com/yuXGejL

I'm running a i7-3770K at BClock:100.6 CPUVoltage:1.125V, Multiplier:45 (4526MHz) and at load, only pulling 69C. My Extreme OC on the 3770K, BC:101.2, CPUVoltage as 1.33, multiplier of 48, (4828MHz) which under load was just tipping 79C (IntelBurn Test), and that is only being cooled with the old H100i liquid cooler. And my Extreme OC I use daily, and my temp logging rarely hits the 70sC. Not sure if my 3770K was just a good one, because I have only found a few that have achieved these levels and not burnt out the CPU. I have been running on my 3770K for 2 1/2 years, and it has been competitive in performance, as CPU advances really haven't moved that far in comparing Quad Core Processors. When I ran Cinebench, I also had Firefox, HWMonitor, Gimp, Blender(2.77a), and I still got a 786. (Update, second image is Cinebench with nothing else running)

MyBench.jpgMyBenchclean.jpg

Edited by antonrr90
Update, added second image of Cinebench with nothing else running.

The above Cinebench is one reason why Intel is going to have real problems in the next few years, unless they can impress us with CPU IPC gains or unless they just move i3 to 4 cores, i5 to 6 cores, and i7 to 8 cores. :)

46 minutes ago, Tech Deals said:

The above Cinebench is one reason why Intel is going to have real problems in the next few years, unless they can impress us with CPU IPC gains or unless they just move i3 to 4 cores, i5 to 6 cores, and i7 to 8 cores. :)

They impressed me....by the massive leap in IPC I got by upgrading my Pentium III 667 to my i5 4440 (then alter on my 4790K). Pretty much I expect to be impressed by Intel every 15 or so years.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

3 hours ago, antonrr90 said:

I'm running a i7-3770K at BClock:100.6 CPUVoltage:1.125V, Multiplier:45 (4526MHz) and at load, only pulling 69C. My Extreme OC on the 3770K, BC:101.2, CPUVoltage as 1.33, multiplier of 48, (4828MHz) which under load was just tipping 79C (IntelBurn Test), and that is only being cooled with the old H100i liquid cooler. And my Extreme OC I use daily, and my temp logging rarely hits the 70sC. Not sure if my 3770K was just a good one, because I have only found a few that have achieved these levels and not burnt out the CPU. I have been running on my 3770K for 2 1/2 years, and it has been competitive in performance, as CPU advances really haven't moved that far in comparing Quad Core Processors. When I ran Cinebench, I also had Firefox, HWMonitor, Gimp, Blender(2.77a), and I still got a 786. (Update, second image is Cinebench with nothing else running)

I managed to get mine to 4.8 on my h110, Technichally I can hit 4.9 on it but the voltage required and the temps are a bit above what i'm comfortable with. With a heavy overclock the 3770k is still a really great chip, mine has had no troubles keeping up in games!

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

my cinibench score for 4.6ghz on the 6600k was 708

i can prob bring it higher had to re-evaluate how i overclocked

switched too offset yesterday because it kept auto'n my voltage when i just picked a voltage