Ax860 or rm850i?

BlueLightning

Which one is better and can someone please give me a link or details how to get red cables or black and red cables?

AX860i, it uses a digital signal rather than analog, higher efficiency class (platinum vs the rm gold) which also means a much better efficiency curve which you can find on the tech specs page of both products at corsair.com

If space is an issue, the AX860i is also shorter than the RMi PSU.

Both have relatively identical amperage outputs on each rail so that won't be a factor.

Basically if you want the best of the best, go with the AXi, that PSU specifically is the one I may go with for my own build. RMi works just as great, won't be as tight on efficiency, but is a great option for a smaller budget

2 minutes ago, DrJones said:

AX860i, it uses a digital signal rather than analog, higher efficiency class (platinum vs the rm gold) which also means a much better efficiency curve which you can find on the tech specs page of both products at corsair.com

If space is an issue, the AX860i is also shorter than the RMi PSU.

Both have relatively identical amperage outputs on each rail so that won't be a factor.

Basically if you want the best of the best, go with the AXi, that PSU specifically is the one I may go with for my own build. RMi works just as great, won't be as tight on efficiency, but is a great option for a smaller budget

@DrJones option was ax860, not ax860i.

2 minutes ago, Rune said:

@DrJones option was ax860, not ax860i.

Oh my bad, thanks for the clarification. I wasn't aware Corsair still made them.

@BlueLightning As for custom cables mainframecustom.com does an amazing job but can be a little on the expensive side. If you want just plain red or black cables, you can find them just about anywhere with a simple search :) 

The RMi is perfectly fine. Honestly though you're safe doing either the AX or RMi, but I'd think the RMi is better.

Also you get the Corsair DigitalLink so you can monitor and control some aspects of the PSU from the OS.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

1 minute ago, DrJones said:

Oh my bad, thanks for the clarification. I wasn't aware Corsair still made them.

@BlueLightning As for custom cables mainframecustom.com does an amazing job but can be a little on the expensive side. If you want just plain red or black cables, you can find them just about anywhere with a simple search :) 

Is the 860 ageing? Is it not good anymore?

1 minute ago, BlueLightning said:

Is the 860 ageing? Is it not good anymore?

Honestly I don't know, but the some of the new PSU's like wcreek said, offer CorsairLink control which is a good plus

If you don't want Corsair Link, then the AX860 assuming the prices are the same. You could also get the SeaSonic X-850 for a good deal cheaper.

CableMod makes great custom cables. Here's some for the SeaSonic X-850: https://cablemod.com/product/cablemod-se-series-xp2-xp3-km3-fl2-basic-cable-kit-black-red/

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

52 minutes ago, BlueLightning said:

Which one is better and can someone please give me a link or details how to get red cables or black and red cables?

The RMi is better value for now.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||