GTX 1080 gets up to 200 FPS on Vulcan API Ultra 1080p on Doom

Aytex
10 minutes ago, Aytex said:

Your right, crap can you find a video for me that dosen't have it capped with a 980 ti?

im at school atm

doesnt seem to exist as the game will be capped until launch

CPU: 6700k 4.6Ghz GPU: MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X MB: MSI Gaming M5 PSU: Evga 750 G2 Case: Phanteks EVOLV 

18 hours ago, Slickwicked said:

Lol look at me. So foolish for stating proven scientific data, 

7 hours ago, DeathRtH said:

If your unwilling to back up a statement without at the very least a single link by an even somewhat reputable source, then don't claim something has been proven by scientific data.

The "human eye framerate" is based on a test that shows that the subjects involved couldn't distinguish the difference between light flashes and a solid light much higher than the equivalent of 60 FPS.

This does not mean that the human eye can't tell the difference between a game running 60fps on a 60hz screen and a game running at 120fps on a 120hz screen.  The fluidity of the movement is extremely noticeable.  You can really tell by watching Baseball on a 120hz HDTV.  After so many years of watching Baseball games on a 60hz tv, seeing a game at 120hz almost makes me feel a little sick.

Whether it's proven that we can't see much higher than the equivalent of 60fps or not, the human eye/brain is most certainly capable of perceiving the difference between 60fps and 120fps.

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

16 minutes ago, TidaLWaveZ said:

The "human eye framerate" is based on a test that shows that the subjects involved couldn't distinguish the difference between light flashes and a solid light much higher than the equivalent of 60 FPS.

This does not mean that the human eye can't tell the difference between a game running 60fps on a 60hz screen and a game running at 120fps on a 120hz screen.  The fluidity of the movement is extremely noticeable.  You can really tell by watching Baseball on a 120hz HDTV.  After so many years of watching Baseball games on a 60hz tv, seeing a game at 120hz almost makes me feel a little sick.

Whether it's proven that we can't see much higher than the equivalent of 60fps or not, the human eye/brain is most certainly capable of perceiving the difference between 60fps and 120fps.

those tests most likely had to do with the eyes perceiving exact changes as opposed to overall look. similar to how it's hard to pinpoint the exact differences between full hd and ultra hd but you still notice the overall quality increase.

amazing how people are so interested in telling others what they can and cannot see.

i personally feel the difference from my work pc's 60hz monitors to my personal desktops 120hz monitor.

CPU: 6700k 4.6Ghz GPU: MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X MB: MSI Gaming M5 PSU: Evga 750 G2 Case: Phanteks EVOLV 

3 hours ago, Spectrez said:

amazing how people are so interested in telling others what they can and cannot see.

i personally feel the difference from my work pc's 60hz monitors to my personal desktops 120hz monitor.

It actually depends on how good your eyes are, some people actually cant pertain the difference between 144-120-60, but most can

I don't see the connection between good 1080p performance and 4k... if there's one weak spot in the 1080 it's the memory bus, and that's EXACTLY what high resolutions will tend to stress out.

It's nice to see that DooM is probably very well optimized.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

On 5/8/2016 at 2:36 PM, Master Disaster said:

Because the ID Tech engine (and OpenGL) is garbage, W:TNO struggles on the GTX980 so yeah.

It does look like Vulkan might make a decent engine out of it yet.

The new order uses a completely different engine. They have literally nothing to do with each other other than the name. This is id tech 6, not id tech 5. Id tech 4, 3, 2 and the doom engine were all technical masterpieces.

As for the performance difference, there's a reason we're moving away from dx11. It is a bottleneck and it will become more and more apparent in time. You should be glad they didn't nerf the vulkan version to accomodate for old hardware that wouldn't be maxing it out anyway.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*