Need a VPN (Or something similar)

Lamb
Go to solution Solved by crunzaty,

I want to be able to access websites that are not available in my country, such as spotify. I know there are options out there, but they are paid services. I want to be able to get something for free that would work for me, and then if I think it is worth it, I will buy something better later. Any suggestions? (I don't have any permissions on my router, so I can't change anything in there if that is required.)

Actually it seems like Media Hint (extension for Firefox and Chrome) Let's you use The Web player for Spotify ;)

http://brianmahoney.ca/2013/05/spotify-in-canada/

I want to be able to access websites that are not available in my country, such as spotify. I know there are options out there, but they are paid services. I want to be able to get something for free that would work for me, and then if I think it is worth it, I will buy something better later. Any suggestions? (I don't have any permissions on my router, so I can't change anything in there if that is required.)

CPU: RYZEN 5 2600   Motherboard: MSI B450I GAMING PLUS AC   Memory: CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX 16GB 3200MHZ   Storage: TEAM GROUP MP33 1TB

GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 FTW   Case: COOLER MASTER NR200P   PSU: CORSAIR SF600   Mouse: G PRO WIRELESS   Keyboard: ANNE PRO 2

Hotspot Shield works great and is free. The only downside of the free version is it opens the website in a new tab when you activate and de-activate it.

http://www.hotspotshield.com/trial/

Use Linus's code if you are going to get the subscription.

Awesome! I didn't know there was a trial! :)

CPU: RYZEN 5 2600   Motherboard: MSI B450I GAMING PLUS AC   Memory: CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX 16GB 3200MHZ   Storage: TEAM GROUP MP33 1TB

GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 FTW   Case: COOLER MASTER NR200P   PSU: CORSAIR SF600   Mouse: G PRO WIRELESS   Keyboard: ANNE PRO 2

you can use TOR browser which is completely free unlike these (extension for firefox)

I see you haven't been watching the WAN show... :D

I have, I didn't know there was a free version. :P

So I have it downloaded and everything is set up, but spotify wont work. :P

It says not available in my country...

So I have it downloaded and everything is set up, but spotify wont work. :P

It says not available in my country...

exactly, the VPN server you might be connecting to is probably still in Canada, go for TOR like I said, it would, dunno, actually work

exactly, the VPN server you might be connecting to is probably still in Canada, go for TOR like I said, it would, dunno, actually work

I googled it, seemed like they had some privacy issues. 

http://www.slashgear.com/tor-browser-malware-appears-loaded-by-fbi-to-identify-users-05292804/

Actually it seems like Media Hint (extension for Firefox and Chrome) Let's you use The Web player for Spotify ;)

Intel i7-2600K @ 4,5GHz | EVGA GeForce GTX 780 w/EKWB Copper Waterblock | Kingston HyperX blu 16GB @ 1600 MHz | Phanteks Enthoo Primo | MSI Z77A-GD65 | CM M1000 Silent Pro | Samsung 840 Pro 128GB | BenQ XL2420T 120hz | Logitech G710+ | Razer Deathadder 2013 -

- XSPC Raystorm CPU Waterblock | XSPC RX360 Radiator | EKWB EK-FC Titan GPU Waterblock -

That worked perfectly! Thank you so much! :D