RAM To Fast For Cpu?

Hello,

So being the muppet I am just checked out on amazon with 1600mhz  ddr3 ram when the cpu I brought only suports 1333mhz ( Intel pentium anniversary G3258 ) apart from wasting money on faster ram that my system will never use is this a problem?

Thanks

The cpu can support higher memory speeds than 1333mhz. The 1333mhz spec is just Intel being on the safe side and not over-promising. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

It will just clock it down, or even use the 1600mhz. Depends on the motherboard i guess. You could reduce the mutliplier of the pentium and jump up the baseclock to get the 1600mhz, if you want them.

Budget Rig "Curable":     | FX 6300 @4.5Ghz | Asus R9 270x | Asus Crosshair IV Extreme | 16GB HyperX Beast | 120GB PNY SSD

Tablet "Buddy":                 Trekstor Wintron 10.1|

You can downclock the ram to 1333mhz.

2 minutes ago, Bobby_Joe_90 said:

You can downclock the ram to 1333mhz.

2 minutes ago, Rodniz said:

It will just clock it down, or even use the 1600mhz. Depends on the motherboard i guess. You could reduce the mutliplier of the pentium and jump up the baseclock to get the 1600mhz, if you want them.

2 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

The cpu can support higher memory speeds than 1333mhz. The 1333mhz spec is just Intel being on the safe side and not over-promising. 

Thank You!

3 minutes ago, Manage My Cables said:

Hello,

So being the muppet I am just checked out on amazon with 1600mhz  ddr3 ram when the cpu I brought only suports 1333mhz ( Intel pentium anniversary G3258 ) about from wasting money on faster ram that my system will never use is this a problem?

Thanks

You can use faster RAM, you may need to overclock your CPU to support it at 1600MHz.

You also need to make sure your motherboard supports faster RAM and also higher voltages, if necessary.

The problem is that this is an nVidia product and scoring any nVidia product a "zero" is also highly predictive of the number of nVidia products the reviewer will receive for review in the future.

On 2015-01-28 at 5:24 PM, Victorious Secret said:

Only yours, you don't shitpost on the same level that we can, mainly because this thread is finally dead and should be locked.

On 2016-06-07 at 11:25 PM, patrickjp93 said:

I wasn't wrong. It's extremely rare that I am. I provided sources as well. Different devs can disagree. Further, we now have confirmed discrepancy from Twitter about he use of the pre-release 1080 driver in AMD's demo despite the release 1080 driver having been out a week prior.

On 2016-09-10 at 4:32 PM, Hikaru12 said:

You apparently haven't seen his responses to questions on YouTube. He is very condescending and aggressive in his comments with which there is little justification. He acts totally different in his videos. I don't necessarily care for this content style and there is nothing really unique about him or his channel. His endless dick jokes and toilet humor are annoying as well.

On 5/6/2016 at 4:39 PM, Shahnewaz said:

You can use faster RAM, you may need to overclock your CPU to support it at 1600MHz.

You also need to make sure your motherboard supports faster RAM and also higher voltages, if necessary.

Oc'ing is not necessary and I don't think there's any 1150 motherboard that doesn't support 1600mhz ram. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

9 minutes ago, Shahnewaz said:

Yes I've got a mate who's going to help me. He said around 4.5ghz is a nice oc for the pentium G3258.