FiiO E10: Headphone or line out for HD 558?

Bluethulhu

My E10 just came in from Amazon, and I have already installed all the drivers and I can hear out of it. My question is should I plug my Sennheiser HD 558s into the headphone port or the line out port? The line out sounds a little bit different, I'm not sure which one I should use.

Spoiler

My E10 just came in from Amazon, and I have already installed all the drivers and I can hear out of it. My question is should I plug my Sennheiser HD 558s into the headphone port or the line out port? The line out sounds a little bit different, I'm not sure which one I should use.

Firstly, it shouldn't have drivers. Secondly, the headphone out is what you should use for headphones.  :)

Firstly, it shouldn't have drivers. Secondly, the headphone out is what you should use for headphones.   :)

It wasn't showing up when I plugged it in, I downloaded some from the FiiO downloads page and now they work.

Spoiler

Firstly, it shouldn't have drivers. Secondly, the headphone out is what you should use for headphones.  :)

perhaps he has windows 98?

"Pardon my French but this is just about the most ignorant blanket statement I've ever read. And though this is the internet, I'm not even exaggerating."

http://is.gd/vcyrFR

oh, hell, I didn't even know it had an ASIO driver.  This probably switches the default audio output to the E10 to, I'd bet, but you don't need this driver to make the E10 work.

"Pardon my French but this is just about the most ignorant blanket statement I've ever read. And though this is the internet, I'm not even exaggerating."