teen depression

dhendry71

so today in health class we were talking about teen depression. on the power point, a lot of the symptoms i have were on the board such as lack of concentration, dropping grades, thoughts of suicide, distancing from friends, staying up at night and sleeping in the day. we watched a video on teen depression and i couldn't stop myself from crying. My "friends" im sure noticed my bloodshot eyes. but they wont say anything. i dont really consider any of my friends a true friend. at the lunch table i just put my headphones in and ignore them. i dont look at my grades because i know im failing classes but i honestly dont care. after health class i realized i actually have depression and now everything feels a lot different. nothing changed but a diagnosis. honestly the closest thing to a real friend is a guy i talk to online. im not sure why i became depressed. sometimes i wonder if people would care if i die but then i picture my family crying so i wouldnt want to put them through the pain. all i do is work and school. i dont do any extra curricular activities or hang out with friends after school. i usually am in my room on my computer. i lost interest in all of my hobbies and push everyone away and just watch anime now. i know im not asking for help but i felt that i just felt i needed to say that.  

Well, I'm sorry to hear about your sitatuation. 

If I were you I would go see an actual psychiatrist and not diagnose yourself based on a PowerPoint and a video. 

Feeling down or alienated can be down to a lot of things, not just depression. 

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

3 hours ago, dhendry71 said:

so today in health class we were talking about teen depression. on the power point, a lot of the symptoms i have were on the board such as lack of concentration, dropping grades, thoughts of suicide, distancing from friends, staying up at night and sleeping in the day. we watched a video on teen depression and i couldn't stop myself from crying. My "friends" im sure noticed my bloodshot eyes. but they wont say anything. i dont really consider any of my friends a true friend. at the lunch table i just put my headphones in and ignore them. i dont look at my grades because i know im failing classes but i honestly dont care. after health class i realized i actually have depression and now everything feels a lot different. nothing changed but a diagnosis. honestly the closest thing to a real friend is a guy i talk to online. im not sure why i became depressed. sometimes i wonder if people would care if i die but then i picture my family crying so i wouldnt want to put them through the pain. all i do is work and school. i dont do any extra curricular activities or hang out with friends after school. i usually am in my room on my computer. i lost interest in all of my hobbies and push everyone away and just watch anime now. i know im not asking for help but i felt that i just felt i needed to say that.  

This is me ^

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

You know i used to have this problem ( and still do ). When i was young I didn't have friends i was to my self and most of the time i like loved it. The problem with me is that i have Asperger and people have a  hard time understanding me. This docent mean that i talk funny this means that i talk in a tech  format so the people that i knew didn't want to have the time to understand me at all. I have thought of killing my self and  i was ready to do it too.  My little voice in my head spoke and it told me that my time was not over  that i need to get off my butt and find other things to do with my life. So i got into a bunch of things and i haven't looked back. Now don't get me wrong i still get depressed and as i get older it is a little harder to overcome but my life rocks and i wont have it any other way. The hard part is finding friends that accept you for who you are and wont try to change you ether and get back into your hobbies that helps alought too and find new hobbies too.

Go to the doctor mate, don't diagnose yourself.

On 5/5/2016 at 3:08 PM, dhendry71 said:

honestly the closest thing to a real friend is a guy i talk to online. im not sure why i became depressed. sometimes i wonder if people would care if i die but then i picture my family crying so i wouldnt want to put them through the pain. all i do is work and school. i dont do any extra curricular activities or hang out with friends after school. i usually am in my room on my computer. i lost interest in all of my hobbies and push everyone away and just watch anime now. i know im not asking for help but i felt that i just felt i needed to say that.  

Oh wow, someone in a very similar situation as me.

I've only got 1 "true friend", some guy I've been talking to online for over 10 years now, playing co-op games together, watching the same shows/anime, etc... never met IRL, no intention of meeting.

I'm not sure why I'm depressed, don't want to just die because the people I'm close to might be sad...
When not at work I'm pretty much 100% in my room, on my computer. Has next to no interest to speak of or "real" hobbies.

Not trying to make any new friends(past the acquaintance stage) and just watch anime all day/play a game every once in a while.

All I can say is, it's perfectly normal and it will get better. It might seems like the end of the world, but it's not.

We can't all be outgoing people, making friends with everybody, have a ton of different hobbies, interest and all that. If you had some before, it could also just be because you've outgrown them and need to be in search of new ones.

Some people, like me and possibly you, actually like being alone, though sometimes we may crave some social interaction. It might be hard to relate to other people because of that, but you're not strange or in the wrong, you're an individual with a unique personality. You just haven't found what you like do to yet, this is perfectly normal.

Personally, I like taking long walks and "exploring"(going to new places) the world around me, seeing new things. Going hiking on a mountain and what not. I would also love to travel one day too.

This could be considered an interest/hobby, but what about you? Is there really nothing? Watching Anime could be considered a hobby, ignore anyone who says it isn't. So that's a start.

I may not have been able to piece my thoughts properly here... But really, the one thing you need to remember, is that it get better and that suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. If your thoughts on that matter get too invasive, do consult with a doctor, a therapist or whatever other profession deal with this stuff. Seeking help is not a sign of weakness, it's a sign of strength, because it takes a lot of strength to actually go get that help.

Just the fact that you've posted this topic about this is a huge step in the right direction.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

You really need to learn how to use proper sentences and paragraphs... In the least it makes it easier for people to reply to your (succinct) points.

On 05/05/2016 at 8:08 PM, dhendry71 said:

...staying up at night and sleeping in the day...

I'd say this is one (possibly the biggest) of your problems. It's an easy habit to fall into and you won't notice it creeping up on you. It certainly won't help if there is indeed an underlying issue, it will only compound it. The solution is to stop doing it, not tomorrow, not in a week but right now... today. Stop. Go to sleep at 10 pm and get up at 6 am - 8 hours sleep. Your hormones will then be able to rebalance themselves.

My "friends" im sure noticed my bloodshot eyes. but they wont say anything. i dont really consider any of my friends a true friend. at the lunch table i just put my headphones in and ignore them ... honestly the closest thing to a real friend is a guy i talk to online.

And? That is perfectly fine, you don't need anyone else. Why do you think you need other people?

... all i do is work and school. i dont do any extra curricular activities or hang out with friends after school. i usually am in my room on my computer. i lost interest in all of my hobbies and push everyone away and just watch anime now.

Again... what's the problem with that? The more effort that you throw into work and school now then the further you will get faster relative to everyone else. I don't see a problem.

... nothing changed but a diagnosis.

Who diagnosed you with what and when exactly?

... i know im not asking for help but i felt that i just felt i needed to say that.  

If you are not asking for help then why bother posting at all?

Are you getting bullied?

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

A few weeks ago a kid in my school shot himself :/

no one really cared though, he was pretty much a druggie

Prob was doing drugs when he shot himself b/c hes a good kid, just drugs mang, bad 4 u