Battlefield Devs Slam Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Trailer for Its “Precious 2010 Graphics”

Aytex

I'm suprised CoD hasn't gotten the hint that we're all sick of futuristic games. xD

Black ops should be remade because it had the best characters a great story line and some great character actors

the rest of the CODS were ok

BF3 has a great multiplayer if people don't cheat!

When is  BF5 released?

10 hours ago, ivhyn said:

I have an i7 + 980, pleb, that doesn't make the game good however (look at the playercount). 

The player count is fine for the game, pleb

My Main PC:

CPUi5 3570k CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper T4 Motherboard: Asus p8z77-v pro  RAM: Crucial Balistic 2x4gb  GPU: Two PNY GTX 680's in SLI Case: Some rando Antec one  PSU: Thermaltake 1000w  Display: HP Elite Display 321i 23''  Storage: Samsung 840 Evo 128gb, Seagate Barracuda 1tb

I think we are kind of at the point where "graphics improvements" will consist of annoying lens flares and stuff.

I think Battlefield does the atmosphere game much better, and still would had CoD had superior textures and models. Their sound is phenomenal. Their physics could improve, but it is quite good. I thought Leveloutions were cool, but I do understand that there needs to be map balance as well as realism.

Also, Megalodons. What a great community DICE is cultivating.

9 hours ago, CyanideInsanity said:

Does anyone else here actually not care about the graphics?

I care about visuals to a point, but I wish publishers would stop trying to base 90% of their marketing on how amazingly they can render the snot in every character's nose. We live in a time when some of the best looking games available are low-budget indie releases with really inspired art styles that can run on practically anything. I need way more than just another game that spent millions on stunning graphics to be impressed anymore, which is why these comments from DICE are really cringeworthy to me.

6 minutes ago, typographie said:

I care about visuals to a point, but I wish publishers would stop trying to base 90% of their marketing on how amazingly they can render the snot in every character's nose.

I think that the games industry hasn't really been doing that since 2007, and that no games since around that time have made a big enough graphical progression to be able to really boast over graphics. For that reason, I find DICE's twitter posts refreshing.

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

6 minutes ago, Delicieuxz said:

I think that the games industry hasn't really been doing that since 2007, and that no games since around that time have made a big enough graphical progression to be able to really boast over graphics. For that reason, I find DICE's twitter posts refreshing.

Maybe I just pay an unhealthy amount of attention to E3, but I see that sort of marketing year after year after year. If it's been relaxed at all, it's been in the last year or two maybe. I'd argue we hadn't even seen the peak of this back in 2007.