Battlefield Devs Slam Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Trailer for Its “Precious 2010 Graphics”

Aytex

Amidst his brutal emoji use, Smedberg went on to criticize the use of depth of field and poor lighting:

http://cdn1-www.playstationlifestyle.net/assets/uploads/2016/05/Roland-02-555x282.png

Randy Evans, the man behind the upcoming Battlefield reveal trailer, also slammed the game:

http://cdn2-www.playstationlifestyle.net/assets/uploads/2016/05/Randy-01-555x249.png

DICE Engineer Julian Manolov jumped on the banterwagon, with a comment of his own:

http://cdn3-www.playstationlifestyle.net/assets/uploads/2016/05/813474adc96a8dcdc4d0f9d041e1b7bd-555x249.png

Finally, when prompted for comment on Friday’s Battlefield reveal, he tweeted confidently:

http://cdn3-www.playstationlifestyle.net/assets/uploads/2016/05/Roland-01-555x233.png

Savagefield 5

Who says Quaint anymore?

Please vote for Donald Trump. I am out of sitcoms to watch.

When lyfe gives you HDDs, make SSDs

Spoiler

And Nintendo is just sitting back, feat kicked up, not really sure what the big deal is.

[CPU: 4.7ghz I5 6600k] [MBAsus Z170 Pro G] [RAM: G.Skill 2400 16GB(2x8)]

[GPU: MSI Twin Frozr GTX 970] [PSU: XFX Pro 850W] [Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo]
[Storage: 500GB WD HDD / 128GB SanDisk SSD ] [Case: DeepCool Tessaract]

[Keyboard: AZIO MGK1] [Mouse: Logitech G303] [Monitor: 2 x Acer 23" 1080p IPS]

Everything after World At War was shit, and will forever be shit when it comes to Call Of Duty.

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

I can't wait for bf5 :D

My Main PC:

CPUi5 3570k CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper T4 Motherboard: Asus p8z77-v pro  RAM: Crucial Balistic 2x4gb  GPU: Two PNY GTX 680's in SLI Case: Some rando Antec one  PSU: Thermaltake 1000w  Display: HP Elite Display 321i 23''  Storage: Samsung 840 Evo 128gb, Seagate Barracuda 1tb

3 minutes ago, Fulgrim said:

Everything after World At War was shit, and will forever be shit when it comes to Call Of Duty.

i Duno man BO2 was pretty fun

1 minute ago, FirstArmada said:

i Duno man BO2 was pretty fun

No, it sucks more dick than Paris Hilton on crystal meth. Have some standards, please.

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

1 minute ago, Fulgrim said:

No, it sucks more dick than Paris Hilton on crystal meth. Have some standards, please.

god damn, lol

I think it is better than all the retarded futurestic shit they have rn

World at war and BO2 was the best imo

I also loved mw2 and mw3

5 minutes ago, Aytex said:

god damn, lol

I think it is better than all the retarded futurestic shit they have rn

World at war and BO2 was the best imo

I also loved mw2 and mw3

Minus the overpowered P90 & G3 rifle, Call Of Duty 4 was great. But World At War will always be my favorite. I love running around with my Kar98k, and the War game mode was amazing.

Also, no scavenger perk... It was great when your skill level had more meaning, as you had to conserve your ammo, and learn to shoot.  Instead of being able to spray-fire like an idiot,  topping up your grenades + ammo every time you run over a corpse.

As someone about 10000x more likely to play a Battlefield game than a Call of Duty game, I find the fixation on visuals from both developers to be obnoxious, distasteful, and out of date. I don't mean this to be a "graphics don't matter" post, but both games are loved for their gameplay first and foremost. Battlefield 4's map design, in particular, seemed to suffer from the developers seeming to focus on visual realism at the expense of how matches would flow.

I personally hope neither DICE nor Infinity Ward still expect their fans to wet themselves over "photorealistic graphics" in 2016.

1 hour ago, typographie said:

As someone about 10000x more likely to play a Battlefield game than a Call of Duty game, I find the fixation on visuals from both developers to be obnoxious, distasteful, and out of date. I don't mean this to be a "graphics don't matter" post, but both games are loved for their gameplay first and foremost. Battlefield 4's map design, in particular, seemed to suffer from the developers seeming to focus on visual realism at the expense of how matches would flow.

I personally hope neither DICE nor Infinity Ward still expect their fans to wet themselves over "photorealistic graphics" in 2016.

Idk. I remember seeing the bf3 reveal and literally flipping out. I watched it at least a hundred times. Those graphics for the time were INSANE? I rode the hype for bf4 but seriously, nothing has really made my jaw drop like bf3. Also, bf3 is one of my favorite fps of all time. Not just for the graphics.

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

14 minutes ago, christianled59 said:

Idk. I remember seeing the bf3 reveal and literally flipping out. I watched it at least a hundred times. Those graphics for the time were INSANE? I rode the hype for bf4 but seriously, nothing has really made my jaw drop like bf3. Also, bf3 is one of my favorite fps of all time. Not just for the graphics.

Of course. Battlefield 3 was, at least in my opinion, one of the first times since Crysis that graphics took a substantial jump upward that didn't amount to simply applying a bit more motion and depth blur. But that was 2011, and it was a much different situation than we're in today. The market is heavily saturated with amazing-looking games that focused heavily on "realism," and I hope they don't try to sell the games primarily on their graphics this time.

2 minutes ago, typographie said:

Of course. Battlefield 3 was, at least in my opinion, one of the first times since Crysis that graphics took a substantial jump upward that didn't amount to simply applying a bit more motion and depth blur. But that was 2011, and it was a much different situation than we're in today. The market is heavily saturated with amazing-looking games that focused heavily on "realism," and I hope they don't try to sell the games primarily on their graphics this time.

This may be the best looking WW2 game coming out so, who knows,

If your looking for amazing looking realism, you should mod arma 3 :)

Very unprofessional if you ask me, they can f. right off if all they care for is pretty graphics and their game actually plays like a turd (hello Battlefront). 

144Hz goodness

1 hour ago, ivhyn said:

Very unprofessional if you ask me, they can f. right off if all they care for is pretty graphics and their game actually plays like a turd (hello Battlefront). 

They play like shit if your specs are shit xD

My Main PC:

CPUi5 3570k CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper T4 Motherboard: Asus p8z77-v pro  RAM: Crucial Balistic 2x4gb  GPU: Two PNY GTX 680's in SLI Case: Some rando Antec one  PSU: Thermaltake 1000w  Display: HP Elite Display 321i 23''  Storage: Samsung 840 Evo 128gb, Seagate Barracuda 1tb

COD1

COD2

COD4:Modern Warfare

only COD games that were worth a damn. 

6 hours ago, ivhyn said:

Unprofessional or not, they've done what they set out to do. Which is getting people talking about the new Battlefield

and we will live such tragedy in perpetuity.

7 hours ago, Alexokan said:

COD1

COD2

COD4:Modern Warfare

only COD games that were worth a damn. 

COD 1-8 are all great, and they have been moving in the right direction since a few major misteps in MW3 and Ghosts

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

I love this Bf5 hype from the developers. It means that they really have something to show - something much greater than Battlefront's graphics, otherwise they wouldn't say "Come Friday the internet will melt", with this Friday being the Battlefield 5 reveal.

One thing missing from AAA games for many years, is a strong push forward into ever more impressive graphics. I hope that Battlefield 5, and its graphics, are amazing and revolutionary.

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

2 minutes ago, Delicieuxz said:

I love this Bf5 hype from the developers. It means that they really have something to show - something much greater than Battlefront's graphics, otherwise they wouldn't say "Come Friday the internet will melt", with this Friday being the Battlefield 5 reveal.

One thing missing from AAA games for many years, is a strong push forward into ever more impressive graphics. I hope that Battlefield 5, and its graphics, are amazing and revolutionary.

Its still frostbyte 3 engine so i wouldn't expect much, but a really sexy world war title

rn im imaging trench v trench warfare on the cry engine lmao

Just now, Aytex said:

Its still frostbyte 3 engine so i wouldn't expect much, but a really sexy world war title

rn im imaging trench v trench warfare on the cry engine lmao

Battlefront has some nice graphics, and if they've bumped it up a notch, then it has to be something great. Parts of game engines get updated modularly over time, so even though it's an evolution of the same engine, it could be almost entirely, or for all I know, even entirely reworked over time.

I'm hoping it's near future-based, like in-between Bf4 and 2142 - but I'll most likely love the game whatever it is. At any rate, I'm super looking forward to the reveal this Friday.

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

12 hours ago, Hero7750 said:

They play like shit if your specs are shit xD

I have an i7 + 980, pleb, that doesn't make the game good however (look at the playercount). 

144Hz goodness