What cpu cooler for overclocking?

TDA

So i would like to build a new pc at the end of summer and when i build it i want to overclock the i5 6600k.

What would you recommend for cooling. I would like to stay below 90€.

Athlon X2 for only 27.31$   Best part lists at different price points   Windows 1.01 running natively on an Eee PC

My rig:

Spoiler

Celeronator (new main rig)

CPU: Intel Celeron (duh) N2840 2.16GHz Dual Core

RAM: 4GB DDR3 1333MHz

HDD: Seagate 500GB

GPU: Intel HD Graphics 3000 Series

Spoiler

Frankenhertz (ex main rig)

CPU: Intel Atom N2600 1.6GHz Dual Core

RAM: 1GB DDR3-800

HDD: HGST 320GB

GPU: Intel Graphics Media Accelerator (GMA) 3600

The best of the best air coolers is the Noctua NH D15.

However make sure your ram doesn't interfere

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/part/noctua-cpu-cooler-nhd15

Spoiler

I think this is the correct link. I'm in the US so I don't know.

CPU: Intel Core i7 3770 @ 3.91 GHz RAM: G.Skill 4x4GB 2133Mhz DDR3 GPU: AMD HD 7970 3GB SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 500GB PSU: Corsair HX620W  Motherboard: Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3 Case: Phanteks P400 Tempered Glass (Black) Monitor: Dell P2412H, Dell 2012H Keyboard: Razer BlackWidow Ultimate Classic Mouse: Logitech G203 Prodigy HDD: WD Black 3TB

The better its ability to cool, the more you can OC. Thats generally the way its gonna go.

ANYTHING is better than the intel stock cooler. You could rub an ice cube on the CPU lid and it would cool more (disclaimer: Don't do that)

I'm not sure how much parts are in Euros, but a good start would be a 212 EVO with Noctua SP fans. Depending on price, a liquid AIO cooler may be better for you.

I don't know specs off the top of my head, but is it even possible to OC a 6600k?

10 minutes ago, danoedel97 said:

The better its ability to cool, the more you can OC. Thats generally the way its gonna go.

ANYTHING is better than the intel stock cooler. You could rub an ice cube on the CPU lid and it would cool more (disclaimer: Don't do that)

I'm not sure how much parts are in Euros, but a good start would be a 212 EVO with Noctua SP fans. Depending on price, a liquid AIO cooler may be better for you.

I don't know specs off the top of my head, but is it even possible to OC a 6600k?

Any intel CPU with a K can be OCed, it's part of the naming scheme.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

Depends on a few things really, but if you just want pure performance despite the cost, I would go with the Cryorig R11 universal. Really great and not too expensive either.

Back to what I said earlier about it depending on a few things;

1. The CPU being used.
  2. The speeds that you are trying to achieve.
  3. Your budget.

These three things are really important when choosing a cooler, and they're all pretty logical tbh. If you need any further help please feel free to contact me.

PERSONAL EMAIL: ---------------
BUSINESS EMAIL: ALFIEFOGGBUSINESS@GMAIL.COM
MOBILE PHONE (UK): ---------------

Deepcool

Corsair

Coolermaster

Noctua

Be Quiet!

All make good CPU coolers and a lot have them for very low prices. Try this link for more suggestions. Sorry, for the German link, didn't know what country you were in. You can change it in the top right hand corner.

Intel Xeon 1650 V0 (4.4GHz @1.4V), ASRock X79 Extreme6, 32GB of HyperX 1866, Sapphire Nitro+ 5700XT, Silverstone Redline (black) RL05BB-W, Crucial MX500 500GB SSD, TeamGroup GX2 512GB SSD, WD AV-25 1TB 2.5" HDD with generic Chinese 120GB SSD as cache, x2 Seagate 2TB SSHD(RAID 0) with generic Chinese 240GB SSD as cache, SeaSonic Focus Plus Gold 850, x2 Acer H236HL, Acer V277U be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4, Logitech K120, Tecknet "Gaming" mouse, Creative Inspire T2900, HyperX Cloud Flight Wireless headset, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

important system specs for choosing an air cpu cooler

maximum allowable cooler height (most cases have this listed on their manufacturers spec page)

ram height (for large coolers that may interfere with ram slots)

motherboard (big coolers sometimes interfere with pcie slot)

CPU (in this case you already said 6600k)

planned overclock

But I would recommend a high end Noctua (Phanteks makes near identical coolers with more stylish colors) don't get a CM 212 unless you're looking for mild overclocking or you live somewhere real cold, it's a good cooler for a tight budget, but with your budget you could get much better

desktop

Spoiler

r5 3600,3450@0.9v (0.875v get) 4.2ghz@1.25v (1.212 get) | custom loop cpu&gpu 1260mm nexxos xt45 | MSI b450i gaming ac | crucial ballistix 2x8 3000c15->3733c15@1.39v(1.376v get) |Zotac 2060 amp | 256GB Samsung 950 pro nvme | 1TB Adata su800 | 4TB HGST drive | Silverstone SX500-LG

HTPC

Spoiler

HTPC i3 7300 | Gigabyte GA-B250M-DS3H | 16GB G Skill | Adata XPG SX8000 128GB M.2 | Many HDDs | Rosewill FBM-01 | Corsair CXM 450W

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/2/2016 at 5:01 PM, DragonTamer1 said:

Deepcool

Corsair

Coolermaster

Noctua

Be Quiet!

All make good CPU coolers and a lot have them for very low prices. Try this link for more suggestions. Sorry, for the German link, didn't know what country you were in. You can change it in the top right hand corner.

You forgot the best, Thermalright. Knock Corsair and Cooler Master (sadly) off the list.