C++ and Webpage Manipulation

I am trying to create a program in C++ that will get information off a webpage to be analysed. I am having trouble finding information to get started with working with networks. Can anyone help me out? I am trying to strengthen my programming knowledge in C++ so I am not looking at how to do this in a different language.

Thanks.

First you'll need something like curl to get the html page itself, then you'll need an xml parser library ( eg. libxml2 and its c++ wrapper libxml++)

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

11 hours ago, Nineshadow said:

First you'll need something like curl to get the html page itself, then you'll need an xml parser library ( eg. libxml2 and its c++ wrapper libxml++)

I can't figure out how to install these in Visual Studio 2015.

11 hours ago, Nineshadow said:

Ok after hours of research I got the libcurl library to install via nuget command line package manager (command: Install-Package rmt_curl). However I can't figure out how to get libxml2 working. I am pretty new to programming so I don't have a clue what to do. From my understanding libxml2 library is a C library and I need libxml++ to convert to C++? Is there anything you can point me too on how to install this? I am trying to use this example from the curl website: https://curl.haxx.se/libcurl/c/htmltitle.html