Not a sure if its a bug, but it just bothers me somewhat

Moonzy

when you quote someone and type halfway, sometimes there is a new reply so you refresh your page (because sometimes the show reply button just disapears after appearing for 0.5s)

this happen, and when you wanna quote the new reply, you have to first click on the reply text box, then only you can quote them, you cant quote them directly, which is kinda weird

i think the new quote should be under all the message i typed instead of needing me to tell it where to go

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

26 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

when you quote someone and type halfway, sometimes there is a new reply so you refresh your page (because sometimes the show reply button just disapears after appearing for 0.5s)

this happen, and when you wanna quote the new reply, you have to first click on the reply text box, then only you can quote them, you cant quote them directly, which is kinda weird

i think the new quote should be under all the message i typed instead of needing me to tell it where to go

Speaking of glitches, the forum wouldn't allow me to edit my post. A glitch I have found is that once you load the notifications drop down once, you have to reload the page for it to show any new notifications.

My native language is C++

3 minutes ago, tt2468 said:

Speaking of glitches, the forum wouldn't allow me to edit my post. A glitch I have found is that once you load the notifications drop down once, you have to reload the page for it to show any new notifications.

yea, the notification thing is bothering me too xD have to refresh page for new notification to show if you already opened it once

Just now, Moonzy said:

yea, the notification thing is bothering me too xD have to refresh page for new notification to show if you already opened it once

Ipboard is HORRIBLY optimized for mobile.

2 minutes ago, TehStranger? said:

Happens to me too, thought it was a feature.

it is a feature to retain the things you've written, but its the fact that it doesnt automatically adds a quote beneath my message when i quote someone lol

you have to tell it where to quote, ie place the blinking cursor in the reply box for where you want the quote to appear

• The post remaining in the editor when you refresh the page is a feature, to allow you to recover unsaved posts. I agree that it is really annoying sometimes, but it's not something that we are able to fix.
  • Clicking quote when there is autosaved content in the editor works differently, but not correctly, for me. I will look into it a bit more, then report it to the developers.
10 hours ago, tt2468 said:

Speaking of glitches, the forum wouldn't allow me to edit my post.

What's not working about it? Are you getting an error, or is it just glitchy?

A glitch I have found is that once you load the notifications drop down once, you have to reload the page for it to show any new notifications.

That will be improved in the next update.

Ipboard is HORRIBLY optimized for mobile.

Are there any specific areas in which you feel it is poorly optimised, so that we might be able to try and fix them?

HTTP/2 203

@colonel_mortis, i noticed this issue because sometimes the "XXX have replied Show Reply" bubble just disappears before i could click it, or just not appear at all, while the notification of someone quoting me in the thread appear at the bell above.

do you know why the button (both show reply and notification bubble) sometimes disappear or not appear at all? its hard to re-create unless i make a sub account (which i think should be against the forum rules)

should i make another thread for this or its fine? o.O it's somewhat related after all

2 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

@colonel_mortis, i noticed this issue because sometimes the "XXX have replied Show Reply" bubble just disappears before i could click it, or just not appear at all, while the notification of someone quoting me in the thread appear at the bell above.

do you know why the button (both show reply and notification bubble) sometimes disappear or not appear at all? its hard to re-create unless i make a sub account (which i think should be against the forum rules)

should i make another thread for this or its fine? o.O it's somewhat related after all

Make another thread, but I am aware of the issue.

HTTP/2 203

1 minute ago, colonel_mortis said:

Make another thread, but I am aware of the issue.

well if you're aware then i guess its fine

or i should anyway?

6 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

well if you're aware then i guess its fine

or i should anyway?

It's much easier for me to remember which issues I need to deal with and which are already sorted if there's a thread about them :)

HTTP/2 203

22 minutes ago, colonel_mortis said:

It's much easier for me to remember which issues I need to deal with and which are already sorted if there's a thread about them :)

Another glitch I found works on any web browser: If you are replying to a topic, and you get an alert that more people have replied, then post your reply, the notification will disappear and you will have to reload the page.

Just now, tt2468 said:

Another glitch I found works on any web browser: If you are replying to a topic, and you get an alert that more people have replied, then post your reply, the notification will disappear and you will have to reload the page.

Yeah, I've reported that bug to the developers, but it's still pending.

HTTP/2 203

1 hour ago, tt2468 said:

One of first ones I found after update.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

17 hours ago, Moonzy said:

it is a feature to retain the things you've written, but its the fact that it doesnt automatically adds a quote beneath my message when i quote someone lol

you have to tell it where to quote, ie place the blinking cursor in the reply box for where you want the quote to appear

Oh