Controller issue (Thrustmaster wheel and add on pedals)

soup

I am completely out of my depth here . 

Son has a thrustmaster steering wheel (Ferrari F458RW Xbox360(V.4) ) numbers on the back are N2035 and S.N. 1414199470009870 .Wheel is connected via USB

We have just received a set of T3PA add-on pedals .  (three pedals)

Not sure if the wheel we have is an Italia (it certainly looks like one but that is not very indicitive) said to work with these pedals.

The pedals are NOT recognised by the system when they are plugged into the wheel . Strikes me that as these are for the Xbox they will be 'poodle faked' to work on a PC . 

He has Win10 on his PC and the wheel (which works in all respects as a standalone) is using the MS driver for  Xbox controllers included with Win10.

Just noticed the plug from the old pedals is identical to the supplied set (2 Pedal) and the add-on (3 pedal)set . But the connection cord (between pedals and wheel) has four wires on the supplied pedals and six for the add-on set, now are these extra two wires indicative that the wheel and (3pedal) pedal set are NOT compatible, or do they carry information that is provided by the clutch pedal?

If system should work how would I go about getting them to work (I am no gamer so haven't got clue 1 about this).

Have tried to think of any relevant information but feel free to ask for any clarification.

Two motoes to live by   "Sometimes there are no shortcuts"

"This too shall pass"

Seems the F458 Italia is NOT compatible. but the TX458 Italia is.
Ah well live and learn.

Two motoes to live by   "Sometimes there are no shortcuts"

"This too shall pass"