I need help on buying new graphic card for cs dota

JoeyD
Go to solution Solved by Apache Protocol,
17 minutes ago, JoeyD said:

Here

your not even using your GPU use the DVI socket or HDMI the one lower your using your iGPU in this Case.

I have an Dell Optiplex 9020 MT computer. I play dota 2 and cs go. I need to buy upgrade my graphic card and don't know what to buy. It says I currently have Intel HD 4600 graphics driver.

6 minutes ago, TrigrH said:

id get a cheap case and mobo, with a gtx 950 and rebuild the entire machine, ive seen a lot of OEM mobos have a sook at new GPUS.

So any suggestions? I don't know much about computer so I can't rebuild it.

Inter Iris Pro graphics is better than 80% dGPU

AMD A-10 APU series is designed with e-sports in mind

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K

Just now, JoeyD said:

So any suggestions? I don't know much about computer so I can't rebuild it.

take the side off and get a photo we need to see how much clearance the GPU will have and the motherboard model number if visible

Here

21 minutes ago, TrigrH said:

take the side off and get a photo we need to see how much clearance the GPU will have and the motherboard model number if visible

20160427_163255-1.jpg

9 minutes ago, JoeyD said:

Sorry why is this only suitable gpu? and what's my motherboard model?

it appears you don't any spare PCI-E power connectors, and it's a completely custom Dell motherboard

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M

7 minutes ago, DXMember said:

it appears you don't any spare PCI-E power connectors, and it's a completely custom Dell motherboard

So aren't there any other graphic cards? And how much will it improve from Intel HD graphic 4600?

1 minute ago, JoeyD said:

So aren't there any other graphic cards? And how much will it improve from Intel HD graphic 4600?

there's 750ti and there's also this:

http://www.pcper.com/news/Graphics-Cards/EVGA-Releases-NVIDIA-GeForce-GTX-950-Low-Power-Cards

actually if you look closer on the picture of that ASUS card posted above, it actually requires an additional 6-pin connector, so don't use that, get a 750ti or this 950 from EVGA

it will improve performance radically

2 minutes ago, DXMember said:

http://www.pcper.com/news/Graphics-Cards/EVGA-Releases-NVIDIA-GeForce-GTX-950-Low-Power-Cards

actually if you look closer on the picture of that ASUS card posted above, it actually requires an additional 6-pin connector, so don't use that, get a 750ti or this 950 from EVGA

WTF I thought it didn't have a connector?

4 minutes ago, DXMember said:

So should I buy that doesn't require PCIe power connection?

8 minutes ago, JoeyD said:

won't work

1 minute ago, TrigrH said:

i cant find links to the evga models?

That's EVGA's problem, I'm not EVGA

1 hour ago, JoeyD said:

I have an Dell Optiplex 9020 MT computer. I play dota 2 and cs go. I need to buy upgrade my graphic card and don't know what to buy. It says I currently have Intel HD 4600 graphics driver.

i would recommend a 750Ti or 950 but do check if your 1 x PCIe 3.0/2.0 x16  so that you get full performance of the GPU.

GAMING RIG

i5 4590 / 16GB / RX 480 8GB

2 minutes ago, apacheprotocol said:

i would recommend a 750Ti or 950 but do check if your 1 x PCIe 3.0/2.0 x16  so that you get full performance of the GPU.

Did you see my picture posted above?

13 minutes ago, JoeyD said:

sorry I was right, it WILL work, the power connector is optional for this card.

http://www.asus.com/Graphics-Cards/GTX950-2G/specifications/

2 minutes ago, TrigrH said:

where is the monitor plugged into? your motherboard or existing graphics card?

How to know that?