Project 818

kenny6

I work at a computer shop in Western Australia and had my computer on display Project Banana Phonez when a customer told me he had seen my build log of the computer here on the forums. He went on and asked me if I could build him a water cooled computer based on TastyPC's 900D review with his existing computer that already had watercooling and parts that would fit the red and black theam.

We discused prices and after negotiations I gave him a list of parts he would have to source from the internet to compleate the build. after about a month he had all the parts and I could finaly start the build. This would be the 818th computer that came into the shop for a service this year hence the name.

--------------

Components:

--------------

Case: Corsair 900D

CPU: Intel Core i7 2600K

Motherboard: ASUS Maximus IV Extreme-Z

RAM: Red Corsair Dominator GT 16GB

SSD: Corsair 120GB Force GT

PSU: Coolermaster M2 1000W

GPU: 2x Asus 7970

HDD: 2x WD black 2TB

vbDFEDC.jpg

WgxrJjc.jpg

urbOwi3.jpg

1VDSqbD.jpg

ZkKcKwY.jpg

2uQkzul.jpg

v1h64S5.jpg

8OS7Xgy.jpg

xz1aEtS.jpg

bgg3kWD.jpg

3UekFWu.jpg

gDKsnlL.jpg

YAyXR7i.jpg

SXIjhKV.jpg

MGsccdf.jpg

ZxfyDyY.jpg

qI4gW5Q.jpg

yQQwOmO.jpg

Wow , awesome. One thing : why did you take the sticker off the SSD IMO it looks worse now...

Interested in Business and Technology

Pretty cool build to give to a customer.

[Case] Phanteks Eclipse P400S TG (Air Mesh) || [CPU] Ryzen 7 5800X || [Cooler] Dark Rock Slim || [Mobo] ROG STRIX B550-F || [RAM] 32GB Trident Z RGB 3600MHz CL16

[GPU] XFX MERC319 Radeon RX 6950XT || [SSD] 1TB WD SN550 M.2 NVME || [HDD] 6TB Seagate IronWolf 7200 || [PSU] Corsair AX850

[Display] LG 27GL850 @ 2560x1440 - 144Hz || [Mouse] ROG Gladius II || [Keyboard] ROG Strix Flare (Cherry MX Red) || [Speakers] 2.1 Logitech Z-3 || [Fans] 3x 120mm Corsair LL RGB

Theater Room - My 11.1 Home Theater

Wow , awesome. One thing : why did you take the sticker off the SSD IMO it looks worse now...

I took it off because it had liquid spilt on it from a leak he had in the old case ages ago and the sticker looked pink and red. I ended up not puting the ssd on the side of the rad at the end as i could not get power to the ssd and fit the blu ray drive in at the same time.

Pretty cool build to give to a customer.

yeh im disappointed I dont get to keep this one, lots of time went into it and the customer definatly got a good deal!

Very nice build :)

CASE: FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE R4  |  MOBO: MSI MPOWER Z77  |  CPU: Intel i5 3570k @ 4.4 GHz  |  CPU COOLER: NOCTUA NH-D15  |  GPU: EVGA GTX 770 SC |

PSU: CORSAIR AX860 W/ RED BRAIDED CABLES | SSD: SAMSUNG 840 EVO 250 GB | HDD: WD BLACK 1 TB | FANS: 3x NOCTUA NF-A14 | MONITOR: HP W2371D

KEYBOARD: CM STORM QFR MX BLUES W/  PBT KEYCAPS  |  MOUSE: LOGITECH G502 | MIC: AUDIO TECHNICA AT2020 | HEADPHONES: SENNHEISER HD 558

The uber thick radiator on the top destroys the aesthetics completely... Other than that, nice build..

MONSTAAAAAAAA the one on the top is really scary, I wouldn't sleep thinkin about that huge block screwed to a thin piece of steel.. Probably it's robust enough but it's scary anyway

My Rig:

Case: Cooler Master CM II 690 Advanced USB3; Motherboard: Asus P8z77-v; Processor: i5 3550 3.3 GHz - 3.7GHz, oc @ 3.9-4.1 GHz; Graphic cards: two XFX 7850 black edition oc @ 1 GHz; 

Ram: Corsair Vengance Red 2x4 GB 1600 MHz CL8; Heatsink: Noctua NH-U9B; Power supply: Corsair HX750 W 80 Plus Gold; Storage: SSD Vertex 3 120 GB +2 HDD Wester Digital 1 TB

Like that Fractal.. Build, insanely clean work right there! Awesome build! :)

phanteks enthoo pro | intel i5 4690k | noctua nh-d14 | msi z97 gaming 5 | 16gb crucial ballistix tactical | msi gtx970 4G OC  | adata sp900