Project Banana Phonez

kenny6

qNfNy.png

Project Banana Phonez

The computer has been finished and been in stable working condishion for the past month, I was going to post the build log a lot sooner but unforchantly soon after the build was finished i became unmotivated and very depressed to the point that I had to take time off work to help get better (still recovering).

I have been working at Austin computers (a very popular retailer of computer components in Western Australia) as a Computer Technician for the last year and during my time I have only worked on 3 custom water cooled computers all of them only having the CPU water cooled. Eventually after watching TastyPC's Fractal Design Define XL R2 build time lapse i got the inspiration to water cool my own PC

--------------

Components:

--------------

Case: Fractal Design Define XL R2

CPU: Intel Core i7 2600K

Motherboard: ASUS Maximus IV Extreme-Z

RAM: Red and Black Corsair Vengeance 16GB Total CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9

SSD: 2x OCZ Vertex 4 120GB in Raid 0

PSU: Corsair AX860

GPU: Nvidia GTX Titan

Sound card: ASUS Xonar D2X

Fans: 7x Noctua NF-F12 painted black

----------------------

Water cooling stuff:

----------------------

Pump: Koolance PMP-450 12V Variable Speed Pump

Pump Mod: Bitspower D5 Mod Kit black Finish

CPU Block: EK Supremacy Acetal CPU Waterblock

GPU Block: EK-FC Titan Acetal with back plate

Radiators:

Alphacool NexXxoS Monsta 240mm Dual Radiator

Alphacool NexXxoS ST45 240mm Dual Radiator

Coolant: EK Ekoolant Clear Premix

Reservoir: XSPC Dual 5.25" Bay Reservoir

Tubing: PrimoChill PrimoFlex Advanced LRT Tubing Red 3/8ID 5/8OD

Fittings: Bistpower Matte Black 3/8 ID 5/8 OD, lots

---------------

Accessories:

---------------

Microphone: Audio Technica AT2020

Mouse: 2x Razer Naga epic (one to charge the battery and the other to use)

Keyboard: Razer Death Stalker

Monitors:

ASUS PB278Q

2x Acer V243HL

color calibrator: Datacolor Spyder4PRO

Headsets:

Sennheiser RS 220

Razer Chimaera 5.1

Webcam: Logitech C525

NAS: Synology DS213 With 2x 3TB HDD's in raid 1 for mass storage

h3k3UdUh.jpg

Originally my plan was to go 2x 680 in SLI but during my testing stage of the build i had great difficulty getting the system to be stable and most of the time I found that the games i was playing actually did not benefit from SLI. in fact in more than three games I was getting less FPS in SLI compared to just 1 680. So I decided to go and just get a GTX Titan

xokAXNih.jpg

Out the back in the warehouse painting all of the sides of the Noctua fans and also 2 6990 water blocks for a different project. I only need to paint the sides of the Noctua fans and don't need to paint the fan blaids as i will be using Silverstone FF121B 120MM Fan Filters to cover them up as it is too difficult to paint the inside of the fan.

Y3nYd6Zh.jpg

I left the NexXxoS Monsta on the sales front counter and most of the customers that came in were commenting on it, eventually I had to put it away because people were picking it up and handling it without care.

gNkLFWZh.jpg

IXDXphXh.jpg

ooh shiny Gk110

PWb3utWh.jpg

making a mess on the sales floor

oFubalUh.jpg

BBajB70h.jpg

On the back here you can see I have a corsair link with 2 Cooling Nodes attached to it, unforchantly i have since ripped this out and thrown them away due to a bug that would randomly stop all the fans and after investigating the problem I found that it is very common on the corsair forums and there was no fix at the time. due to this I cannot recommend the product to any of my customers.

hvFqU4Ah.jpg

5Y4e8cth.jpg

I have not connected any front panel connections other then the power button as i never use them and would rather have the minimal amount of cables being shown inside the case

7Zfd7fph.jpg

pI2hpnuh.jpg

During the build there was water leaking out around the pump, turns out that I forgot to put the o-ring back that sits between the pump and reservoir. no damage was done but it was definitely a scary moment.

GLxnpjoh.jpg

9voIhLoh.jpg

Total build time of the system took the entire day from 9AM to 3AM the next morning with 2 other people helping me along the way.

O1wOwWzh.jpg

Applejack is best pony

g7UQfUFh.jpg

tNjAuFD.jpg

A panorama picture that i took of the final setup

Wow! Looks very good!

This is probably my favorite of her builds and you've done an excellent job at redesigning it.

Love the scheme!

Lol is that the Cannington store? I live in Perth too.

Anyway I really like the red and black theme!

That video was just supposed to be a casual behind the scenes thing for a HardwareHeaven case review, Turns out it's probably my favorite video I've ever done. Kinda wish I'd taken it more seriously and got some watercooled GPUs in there, and maybe lost the cat ears :)

Most painful thing is two days after making that video the rig had to be completely striped down. :(

That's an epic rig you've built, with a very tidy loop. Nice to see you worked Noctua fans in there too, I had to get red fans in there so they had to go. What I would do for that titan.. lol :)

Awesome job i love the colors !

| Contact Information |
My Teamspeak : Austs1.gameservers.com:9334  |  Steam: Iamtictac456  |  My other aliases include Scruffy and Scruffy Biggems :)

Great looking build, and that mic is a beast!

Lol is that the Cannington store? I live in Perth too.

Anyway I really like the red and black theme!

Looks like the Bibra Lake store.

Intel 3960X @ 4.6GHz Corsair Dominator Platinum CMD64GX3M8A2133C9 64GB | ASUS Rampage IV Extreme | 2*ASUS PG279Q EVGA GeForce GTX Titan X | 2*Corsair Force GT 256GB in R0 [OS Drive] | Samsung 850 Pro 1TB [secondary Drive] Hitachi Deskstar 7K4000 Raid 6 [8*4TB — Media Array] | PAN-UJ-235A Blu-Ray Slot Load | PAN-UJ-875A DVD Slot Load | Corsair AX1200i | Corsair H100i | Lian-Li PC-V2120X | LSI 9271-8i w/ Intel RES2SV240 | Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit | Ducky Shine II [Cherry MX Brown / Blue LED]

That video was just supposed to be a casual behind the scenes thing for a HardwareHeaven case review, Turns out it's probably my favorite video I've ever done. Kinda wish I'd taken it more seriously and got some watercooled GPUs in there, and maybe lost the cat ears :)

Most painful thing is two days after making that video the rig had to be completely striped down. :(

That's an epic rig you've built, with a very tidy loop. Nice to see you worked Noctua fans in there too, I had to get red fans in there so they had to go. What I would do for that titan.. lol :)

Thanks for the feedback TastyPC if it wasn't for you're video the system would have looked a lot different and no where near as good as it looks now

Looks like the Bibra Lake store.

yeh this is the Bibra Lake store

Wow! Holy spaghetti that color theme, custom waterloop and case, they look so cool! 

Also funny project name!

Well you sir, you earned a like from me!

Cheers ;)

Watch out, there might be ninjas out there  :ph34r:

Beast!!! Absolute beast!...good job

Hmm.... I'd have to say that Twi is best pony but Killer Rig! 

Once upon a time, Boxes of parts that now is my PC were on that exact bench in the exact store. That's where I got everything for my PC back in '09

Infact, I might be heading up to that store soon to buy a hard drive

Awesome, congrats on getting on the live stream BOTW. I know exactly how you feel, I'm still so blown away that mine was featured.

CONGRATS! awesome build

Another +1 to the Aussies

• 2 weeks later...

Nice work!

Intel i5 3570k | MSI GTX 670 Power Edition/OC SLI | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Corsair Vengeance LP 16GB | Fractal Design Newton R2 650W | NZXT Switch 810 SE Gun Metal | BenQ 24" XL2420T 120Hz | Corsair K90  | Logitech G500 / Logtitech Performance MX | Sennheiser PC 360 | Asus Xonar DGX | NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision 2 Wireless Kit

Like this build, you did a REALLY tighty and clean build ;D

like it looks vary clean and that water-cooled titan amazing

That's fantastic, well done.

Ryzen 5 1500x, Noctua NH-L9x65 SE-AM4, GA-AB350N, 16GB 1600Mhz, EVGA GTX 970, 250GB Samsung 960 Evo, 120GB Samsung 840 Evo, 1TB WD Green & 2TB Seagate Barracuda. 650w OCZ ZX & Cooler Master Elite 130. Acer CB241HQK 4K, LG IPS234V-PN 1080p, Ducky Zero Shine All Blue/Anne Pro Brown/SteelSeries Apex Pro & Razer Naga 2014

• 2 weeks later...

Nice :D

Harr, darr and a couple of....... plastic earings?

LTC Wallet: LMiWdifKAN546FjyRspfhmfBWidyRPeEUK