Connecting a second computer, wired or wireless?

Fortress
Go to solution Solved by FroTo,

Well, Many people would definitely say to go for wired. Because most of the time, it guarantees signal strength and reliability and I would agree with them on that. 
For wireless, you have the convenience of plug and play with the only setup being drivers and entering the wifi password. Wifi also decreases clutter. 

Personally, I run a 50Ft cable from my bedroom to the router in the living room. I run it along the ceiling by the molding so it nearly blends in with the surroundings for the most part. 

You mentioned that you don't mind the trouble of managing the networking cable so what reason would you have to go with wireless? I may have a biased opinion but I believe that signal reliability and strength is the utmost importance of a good network. I ofc am a computer enthusiast and would do anything for the best. However, if you're a casual user and really all you do is surf the web and download movies and music, WiFi is just as good. 

I have another computer that is quite far from the router I own. I want to connect it to my network and also to the internet but I've been wondering how to do so. Since Ethernet cables up to 10M long and internal wireless adapters are cheap here where I live and basically have the same price, which one should I go for, an Ethernet cable running across my room or a wireless adapter? I don't really mind cable organization associated with the Ethernet cable. Help would be greatly appreciated!

Has a Ph.D in Nothing and does not speak Chinese, Italian or French. (aber ich kann Deutsch sprechen)

i'd say get a wifi pcie card, unless you need stability and bandwidth of the ethernet

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

Well, Many people would definitely say to go for wired. Because most of the time, it guarantees signal strength and reliability and I would agree with them on that. 
For wireless, you have the convenience of plug and play with the only setup being drivers and entering the wifi password. Wifi also decreases clutter. 

Personally, I run a 50Ft cable from my bedroom to the router in the living room. I run it along the ceiling by the molding so it nearly blends in with the surroundings for the most part. 

You mentioned that you don't mind the trouble of managing the networking cable so what reason would you have to go with wireless? I may have a biased opinion but I believe that signal reliability and strength is the utmost importance of a good network. I ofc am a computer enthusiast and would do anything for the best. However, if you're a casual user and really all you do is surf the web and download movies and music, WiFi is just as good.