Do You get attached to hardware ...

5 hours ago, frogonastring said:

I'm always amazed people move on from the Beyerdynamic DT770s! I've got a pair of 8ohm 770 Pros and they're just about all I can imagine ever wanting in a headset. Comfortable, sound incredible. That's it!

Using them alongside. Dt's for almost everything but the Akg's for vocals, classic. That's where they shine. But they sweat a ton, not really a go to pair but can't throw them away.

Nope, it's just soulless plastic, it doesn't deserve my love.

I would sell stuff if there was a place to easily sell them. Craigslist and kijiji for computer hardware in Quebec City are dead. Nothing sell here so I don't bother. 

it's rare but on some really special piece yes, but i don't keep them, i give to close friend and family.

Because the best way to love the hardware in my opinion is to give it to somebody that will take care of it and use it.

I don't get the point of keeping it in a box unuse if i know somebody close that need it.

I gave my little brother my old gaming rig. I7 920 , Rampage II extreme , GTX960 FTW , 12Gb ram corsair dominator.

To me it's old and outdated hardware, to him , it's his first gaming rig and he loves it.

For the rest i sell, used hardware can be sold still really expensive in france.

I wish i could oc my body, during winter overheating would be great.

I usually sell it. Keeping the junk around is not worth it, specially in Europe where we dont have huge appartments or houses.

The really good stuff goes to friends who are not so much into high end hardware. What is not good enough for me, is still great for them. The same will happen with my 970 when Pascal arrives and some other stuff like HDD blah. Its not about cash, its more about giving them a nice working product that was one of the best back then and is still fast enough.

My 290X is going on display when I replace it, I can't bring myself to sell or replace it.

Pixelbook Go i5 Pixel 4 XL 

Back when I used to play on console, I was really attached to my PS3, had loads if fun memories on there, but it came to a point where I hardly used it, so ended up selling it.

PC Specs: i5 4690k, MSI Z97 Gaming 5, HyperX Red 16Gb (4x4), Define R5, EVGA G2 750, Samsung 850 Evo 120gb + WD Blue 1TB, MSI TF5 GTX 970.

Peripherals: 1 x Asus VX239H, Logitech G502, Masterkeys Pro S, Superlux HD668B.

Went through 4 pc's in 7 months to get to this one. I think I will be fine for a little while.

Xeon e5-2670, Intel DX79sr, 16gb g.skill Ares, evga sc 780ti, antec 750 80 plus gold, Phantek Entho pro case

Yes but money prevails

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.