KeeperSecurity.com is the WORST website to store your passwords, and here's why...

Jirne
48 minutes ago, ThomasD said:

Hundreds of passwords?  Really? 

I thought I had a lot.

But, if you do have that many passwords, and also do store them at one site you probably don't risk much if a few of them are potentially valuable - you've hidden some needles in a big stack of needles.

Yeah, just checked up on it. Lastpass currently has 350 passwords. That's not counting the ones for which I have memorized passphrases which are about 15 and thus not stored in Lastpass.

My Build:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 4770k GPU: GTX 780 Direct CUII Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Hero SSD: 840 EVO 250GB HDD: 2xSeagate 2 TB PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 650W

14 minutes ago, Centurius said:

Yeah, just checked up on it. Lastpass currently has 350 passwords. That's not counting the ones for which I have memorized passphrases which are about 15 and thus not stored in Lastpass.

You need to get out more.;)

4 hours ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

well if its a real physical sticky note inside the case, it can't be that hard to track down... I mean, it's not like there's that many hiding spots! :P

I hide it in my alienware alpha; it is a really good place.

I like to kill hardware. In 2016 alone I have killed 20 Xeon 5160, and 10+ Pentium 4. 

12 hours ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

Well they are the admins/hosts of the service so I'm not actually too surprised how they can just delete account without your password...this is like how LTT admins/Mods change things like your signature (this had happened to be because I was a tool and didn't read the COC so had it bigger than size 14...) or my school IT technicians can create accounts and delete them at their discretion...  

I think what he means is that literally anyone could have had them delete his account if they had his email; the chat rep didn't do anything to verify that he was the owner of the account.

19 hours ago, Jirne said:

I use 24-character randomized passwords... A different one for eah websie, are you saying "just remember them all"? :P

But why? a) many websites limit you to 16 characters b) a 24 character random symbol password is pretty much the same difficulty to crack as a 24 character combination of words with symbol replacements c) no one is going to hack you, and if they do it won't involve guessing your password, it will be a data breach or an exploit most likely.

i7-7700 | Asrock H270M-ITX | Fractal Design Core 500 | 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX | EVGA GTX 1080 Ti | 850 EVO 500GB | 850 EVO 250GB | WD CavGreen 2TB

EVGA SuperNOVA 550W | Steel Series Elite Prism | Final mouse 2015 | WASD Keyboards V2 (MX Blue) | Acer Predator 1440p 144Hz

I don't need to store my passwords  or write them down. Because if I forget them, I click on the "forgot password" and I get an email to reset them. I have remember at least 5 different passwords which 15 characters long. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

15 hours ago, ThomasD said:

Hundreds of passwords?  Really? 

I thought I had a lot.

But, if you do have that many passwords, and also do store them at one site you probably don't risk much if a few of them are potentially valuable - you've hidden some needles in a big stack of needles.

I don't have my gmail and school password in there for example (or steam or anything important) just a bunch of shit that I really realy can't be bothered remembering because I need them for this one specific class in school or for this oe program or one game or,.... If you use enough bullshit programms you'll have enough bullshit passwords

11 hours ago, Glenwing said:

I think what he means is that literally anyone could have had them delete his account if they had his email; the chat rep didn't do anything to verify that he was the owner of the account.

Ah fair enough, that would be a completely different scenario :P 

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

On 4/21/2016 at 8:19 PM, ThomasD said:

Just don't forget your spouse's birthday and your life will be ok.

If you forgot that then there's a bigger problem ahead