AMD Crimson Driver Issues with HD7970 Crossfire

Go to solution Solved by Rsslone,
15 hours ago, xAcid9 said:

If it only happen in one or two games maybe you can try use DLL that suited for that game while keeping Crimson driver for everything else.

https://mega.nz/#F!8tlAhDyQ!2AkAQukJKAYuIWEzDTGtFA

Just drop the DLLs in the same folder as the game executables.

I reverted back to 15.11.1 pre-crimson drivers. This might have worked but it broke quite a few games fullscreen. Its a hassle to deal with and AMD should know their lack of support for only a 4 year old card made my mind up to go team GREEN next time around. 

Hello friends! I was wondering if anyone else with crossfire 7970's was having problems running certain games like Rocket League. When I updated crimson a while ago I had to revert back to pre-crimson drivers because Rocket League when launched in fullscreen would flicker along with my other two monitors. If anyone knows exactly why this is happening or any tips I would greatly appreciate it.

My System:

AMD 8350

AMD 7970x2 Crossfire

3 Monitors

Windows 8.1

11 minutes ago, Rsslone said:

Hello friends! I was wondering if anyone else with crossfire 7970's was having problems running certain games like Rocket League. When I updated crimson a while ago I had to revert back to pre-crimson drivers because Rocket League when launched in fullscreen would flicker along with my other two monitors. If anyone knows exactly why this is happening or any tips I would greatly appreciate it.

My System:

AMD 8350

AMD 7970x2 Crossfire

3 Monitors

Windows 8.1

What is your PSU? Also, Temps of CPU and GPUs? 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

2 minutes ago, Abdul201588 said:

What is your PSU? Also, Temps of CPU and GPUs? 

Its a Ultra LSX 750W PSU and I didn't record the numbers of the temps before hand but I doubt it is temp related since the issue was on launch, hardly enough time to have temp related issues. I also know pre-crimson drivers work fine with rocket league.

1 minute ago, valdyrgramr said:

Not a lot of games have much crossfire support.  Turn off V-Sync, and hope for the best.  As for the flickering that could be a limit and/or rail design from the PSU.  An 8350, a 970 mobo, and the 2 7970s are already pushing around 700ws.  If the rail has a flaw that's not going to properly distribute the power needed.  Flickering is usually either or a mix of the PSU, driver, and lack of multi gpu support in a game.

V-sync was already disabled, I know the PSU is sufficient in my case because I've pushed all my hardware to max before when I upgraded. Its been a while since I reverted back to pre-crimson and I want to update my drivers to get the best support for the new unreal engine. I will play around with the crossfire options and hopefully I can get something working. Its a massive headache to downgrade the drivers, last time it took me a hour trying to reconfigure my audio drivers. Thanks for the suggestion!

19 minutes ago, Rsslone said:

Its a Ultra LSX 750W PSU and I didn't record the numbers of the temps before hand but I doubt it is temp related since the issue was on launch, hardly enough time to have temp related issues. I also know pre-crimson drivers work fine with rocket league.

Never heard of that brand. I would try using the older drivers. If that's not working try 1 of the 7970's 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

Here is a update, I updated back to crimson to see if I can figure out what is going on. So launched Rocket League to make sure the problem still existed, indeed it did. I went into the control panel set these settings ss+(2016-04-19+at+06.34.13).jpg

The problem still continued so I remember how in order to play old games like SWAT 4 i had to disable my other two monitors, so I tried that.

BINGO!

Now that I tracked the root down to the fact it doesn't like my multiple displays, is there any tips on how I could fix this?

If it only happen in one or two games maybe you can try use DLL that suited for that game while keeping Crimson driver for everything else.

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

15 hours ago, xAcid9 said:

I reverted back to 15.11.1 pre-crimson drivers. This might have worked but it broke quite a few games fullscreen. Its a hassle to deal with and AMD should know their lack of support for only a 4 year old card made my mind up to go team GREEN next time around.