Would Your Family members notice any difference in their PC if You had replaced one of their PC components with a lower performance component?

Would Your Family members notice any difference in their PC if You had replaced one of their PC components with a lower performance component?  

85 members have voted

1. 1. Would Your Family members notice any difference in their PC if You had replaced one of their PC components with a lower performance component?

My mother uses an Atom Inside laptop. My brother uses a Core 2 Duo M laptop. I'm pretty sure if I took something out they would notice XP

But what components are out there that perform worse than a 2012 atom?

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

2 minutes ago, Energycore said:

My mother uses an Atom Inside laptop. My brother uses a Core 2 Duo M laptop. I'm pretty sure if I took something out they would notice XP

3.2GHz Pentium 4 HT+Ati Mobility Radeon 90001gp that locks up in any DX9 game.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Just now, Dabombinable said:

3.2GHz Pentium 4 HT+Ati Mobility Radeon 90001gp that locks up in any DX9 game.

My condolences.

tbh I'm more motivated to upgrade their stuff but so far they've refused and I can't throw my money around right now :(

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

7 hours ago, Jolyon said:

M8 you're not alone! I dissected my school's Dell PC to swap my i5-2310 for a way faster i5-2500! Except I had to hide behind the common room fridge from the security camera lol

I went into some room they use for testing, and they happened to have one of the newer PCs in there. I was the only one in there, but I'm not sure if what I saw was a security camera or an access point or something. But honestly IT wouldn't notice that I swapped it anyway so they'd have no reason to look at the cameras haha

On 4/15/2016 at 3:20 PM, byalexandr said:

You didn't hear this from me!

Hide contents

I swapped out my i3 4170 for my school's i5 4570 in one off the newer PCs. IT didn't care enough to notice nor should they I think lol

Before that I took 8GB of DDR3 RAM (although that was long before the i5, and it was the only other thing I took)

I put the 8GB in my dad's system and took his 2x8GB kit, he wouldn't even notice if I swapped it with a 2GB kit tbh

I took his 120GB SSD that he didn't even have Windows installed on, nor did he have any files on it

And I swapped out the liquid coolers (since his fit my old R9 290 better), and the GTX 760s that I had. Although I sort of gave him a better 760, as he needed an open air card that I had and I needed the clower card that he had

I'm a criminal :ph34r:

I feel bad just typing this

You are my hero :D

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

7 hours ago, Energycore said:

2011 Atom?

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6