Which way do fans go (Kraken X61)?!

I Hendrycks I

I have a new build in a Corsair 600C and I've never dealt with fans before. I've always used the default ones included with the case and installed a CPU cooler however the manual says to. My question is that I have a Kraken X61 and I'm wondering which way the fans should be installed for optimal cooling.

The case has 2 140mm fans at the front as intake and a single 140mm at the back as exhaust. Since this case is inverted the rad for the X61 is on the bottom. The manual says to have the fans logo/shroud facing the rad and have it be fans - rad - bottom of the case. Is this correct? Thanks in advance!  

Have the fans pull air through the rad out from the case. Also helps with dust control.

Ran by coffee

Just now, Novistion said:

Pull air through the rad out from the case. Also helps with dust control.

Which way would the fans go then? I checked everywhere and people say to check for an arrow on the fan. The default X61 NZXT fans don't seem to have any arrow whatsoever.

I have a x61 and they do, but to make it easier, sticker facing out of the case c:

Ran by coffee

1 minute ago, I Hendrycks I said:

Which way would the fans go then? I checked everywhere and people say to check for an arrow on the fan. The default X61 NZXT fans don't seem to have any arrow whatsoever.

you can tell by just looking at the blades

350x700px-LL-96008a5b_fan.jpeg

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

i would do it like this( dont mind the paint skills)

p59oZJ7.jpg

Recent build: Fractal Design - Torrent reviewMeshify C / The 1080TI Strix Noctua modDefine S X58 Xeon build  / Specs: i7-14700KF 5.8Ghz - ASUS TUF RTX 4080 super - G.Skill Ripjaws 32GB 4000mhz CL18 -  Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X d4 - Torrent Fractal Design white - EVGA 850W Supernova G2 80+ Gold - Noctua D15

3 minutes ago, Novistion said:

I have a x61 and they do, but to make it easier, sticker facing out of the case c:

So for making the fans pull air through the rad and out of the case, you mean to have it be the rad, then the fans and then the case correct?

49 minutes ago, wildthing said:

i would do it like this( dont mind the paint skills)

p59oZJ7.jpg

I wouldn't exhaust towards bottom. Air gets stuck under case that way. Rather use bottom as only intake and rear as exhaust. Both from can stay as intake for GPUs.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

2 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

I wouldn't exhaust towards bottom. Air gets stuck under case that way. Rather use bottom as only intake and rear as exhaust. Both from can stay as intake for GPUs.

"Air gets stuck"? It's a gas, so unless you wrap a rubber around the bottom of your case, that's not going to happen. If you use the bottom as an intake you have to deal with a LOT more dust intake, even with filters. 

5 hours ago, 804r said:

"Air gets stuck"? It's a gas, so unless you wrap a rubber around the bottom of your case, that's not going to happen. If you use the bottom as an intake you have to deal with a LOT more dust intake, even with filters. 

You are assuming case is placed on floor with dust thing. No one will have so dusty table that it will bring more dust in than what other fans would.

As for other thing. My own case is hanging under table. I know that bottom side of table gets very hot after hard, daily use. I wouldn't even want my exhaust fans to be blowing to so narrow space that between case and floor/table is. In the end, thats my opinion about it. Have you made extensive testing about that kind of config or can link to some article talking about it?

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

15 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

You are assuming case is placed on floor with dust thing. No one will have so dusty table that it will bring more dust in than what other fans would.

As for other thing. My own case is hanging under table. I know that bottom side of table gets very hot after hard, daily use. I wouldn't even want my exhaust fans to be blowing to so narrow space that between case and floor/table is. In the end, thats my opinion about it. Have you made extensive testing about that kind of config or can link to some article talking about it?

Yes, I assume the case is standing on something, because that's what 99% of cases do. Dust is heaver than air so dust will fall and land on the surface the case is sitting on because that's how particles behave in gaseous environments. 

I say "try it" (unless you worry about your table thermal throttling :P): gases, like fluids, inherently want to even out pressure: that's just physics. Assuming you have a few cm of clearance and you're not using some industrial scale fans, it should not matter at all. 

Also, yes, I have done a lot of testing because I was poor as shit and wanted the best airflow possible with my 2 fans at one point. Not I have a full hard-tubed system and I did some testing with that, too. If you do google it, tho, there are lots of sources out there. Most focus on airflow and the fact that hot air rises, but there are some good sources on dust prevention that's not just "hurr durr positive pressure".