Monitors help

hi if i want a triple monitor setup with one ultrawide and 2 27 inches with gsync. but the problem is gsync ultrawides are so dam expensive so do i need gsync on the ultrawide because im planning to get a lg monitor but i dont know which one so please help me find one which is compatible by frame rates and hz as the rog swift 27

As far as I know, LG doesn't have any ultrawide monitors that match the ROG Swift in terms of refresh rate. The Swifts will have to go down to the refresh rate of the ultrawide in surround, I believe. 

As for surround with GSync and non-GSync together, there's very little information available. A few people say that it works for them with matching specs other than GSync, others say it doesn't even allow them to put it in surround with GSync on and manufacturers are just sort of saying they don't know. 

Nvidia's documentation, tutorials and explanations for GSync are quite frankly, atrocious. There's so little useful information from them that these sorts of questions are impossible to answer reliably without personal experience in the same configuration. Anything other than that is kind of speculation and assumptions. 

17 minutes ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

As far as I know, LG doesn't have any ultrawide monitors that match the ROG Swift in terms of refresh rate. The Swifts will have to go down to the refresh rate of the ultrawide in surround, I believe. 

As for surround with GSync and non-GSync together, there's very little information available. A few people say that it works for them with matching specs other than GSync, others say it doesn't even allow them to put it in surround with GSync on and manufacturers are just sort of saying they don't know. 

Nvidia's documentation, tutorials and explanations for GSync are quite frankly, atrocious. There's so little useful information from them that these sorts of questions are impossible to answer reliably without personal experience in the same configuration. Anything other than that is kind of speculation and assumptions. 

so you suggest amd or gsync

8 minutes ago, Llamakarnage said:

so you suggest amd or gsync

For that sort of setup, I'm not even sure if GSync would work. If you're going for Swifts anyway, then Nvidia cards. Either way, you're going to be needing two or more top end cards to get near a decent experience from it. 

SLI 980Tis would be my choice for that sort of monitor setup. I would really just go for a single ROG Swift for gaming, but that's personal preference. 

1 hour ago, Llamakarnage said:

hi if i want a triple monitor setup with one ultrawide and 2 27 inches with gsync. but the problem is gsync ultrawides are so dam expensive so do i need gsync on the ultrawide because im planning to get a lg monitor but i dont know which one so please help me find one which is compatible by frame rates and hz as the rog swift 27

What's your budget?

You could always save a ton of cash and get free-sync displays

Ultra wide displays aren't really worth it because you can generally get more pixels in a 4K display or 1440p 144hz IPS displays for less money.

4K IPS Free-sync 27" $450

https://pcpartpicker.com/part/lg-monitor-27mc67b

Or there are 1440p 144hz IPS Free-sync displays for around $550.
https://pcpartpicker.com/part/acer-monitor-xf270hu

The 21:9 1440p display is $999 even with free-sync, there are basic ultra wides for around $600, but again, not really worth it, because of how cheap some 4K IPS displays are.

https://pcpartpicker.com/part/acer-monitor-umcx1aa001

Basic 21:9 1440p display

https://pcpartpicker.com/part/aoc-monitor-u3477pqu

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?