The Quantum Loop - Copper Hardline Build

Ok, Time to do something about these drives...

Can't stand the bright silver, I'm leaving most of the components alone, but these just stick out way to far...

DSC01160.jpg

A few coats of black do the trick! 

Basically just painted them flat black with the stickers on because im lazy and who cares with this theme, then a dry brush of my special secret "scratch paint" and then sealed with a hard clear coat.

DSC01162.jpg

DSC01163.jpgDSC01164.jpg

A lot more work to do tonight, expect more updates! 

Here are a couple of the fans I've started on! Keep asking questions and leaving comments! Gives me something to do when I'm having a break :P Thanks for all the love, guys!

DSC01167.jpg

Time for a little yellow!
Basically hit them with a few coats of yellow and a dusting of black. 

DSC01132.jpg

DSC01135.jpg

Pipe bender comes tomorrow and I want to get it done by tomorrow night, so I have a lot of work left to do!

1 hour ago, kickasssloth said:

Super quick little update!
Just sitting down for a second between hand painting and thought I'd upload a little something....

DSC01150.jpg

Front panel looks sooo good

23 minutes ago, clarkmcc said:

Front panel looks sooo good

Thanks man! I'll upload some more soon! :D 

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND I'm and idiot. 

Ordered the wrong size fittings by mistake (had the right ones, they went out of stock so I changed color, new ones were different size and I didn't notice.

Oh well, right ones ordered but wont be here till monday... yay. 

1 minute ago, kickasssloth said:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND I'm and idiot. 

Ordered the wrong size fittings by mistake (had the right ones, they went out of stock so I changed color, new ones were different size and I didn't notice.

Oh well, right ones ordered but wont be here till monday... yay. 

Did that 3 days ago on my server,... really puts a damper on things huh :(

23 minutes ago, clarkmcc said:

Did that 3 days ago on my server,... really puts a damper on things huh :(

Damn dude, that sucks.. New plan. Amazon seller sent me the wrong size tube bender too... which happens to be the same size as the fittings that I ordered wrong... Its cheaper, faster and easier for me to go to home depot and get different tubing... pain it the butt... but still cheaper and I can finish today!!

AND MY TAP FITTING ARRIVED BROKEN....

I am not having a good week, so hopefully all my bad luck is gone and this thing all works out! 

Oh, and as a little teaser...
DSC01191.jpg

2 hours ago, kickasssloth said:

Damn dude, that sucks.. New plan. Amazon seller sent me the wrong size tube bender too... which happens to be the same size as the fittings that I ordered wrong... Its cheaper, faster and easier for me to go to home depot and get different tubing... pain it the butt... but still cheaper and I can finish today!!

AND MY TAP FITTING ARRIVED BROKEN....

I am not having a good week, so hopefully all my bad luck is gone and this thing all works out! 

Oh, and as a little teaser...
DSC01191.jpg

Nice that's gonna be great. Is it bigger tubing or smaller now? And dang are you gonna scuff up the backplate??

1 hour ago, clarkmcc said:

Nice that's gonna be great. Is it bigger tubing or smaller now? And dang are you gonna scuff up the backplate??

Tubing is a little smaller but only just, actually looks better. And nope, I think I'll leave the backplate for now... its just too pretty :P 

Word of warning...

Anyone who is ever thinking of doing a copper loop.... It really is rather hard, like.. the copper, and the difficulty. 

But damn... its worth it in looks.
DSC01209.jpg

13 minutes ago, kickasssloth said:

Word of warning...

Anyone who is ever thinking of doing a copper loop.... It really is rather hard, like.. the copper, and the difficulty. 

But damn... its worth it in looks.

That looks wonderful man!  I really like copper tubing and will definitely have to do some someday since I use it at work all the time (free tubing!!) 

I just came across this log but I can't wait to see the end!  oh and by the way, that is some of the best looking rust that I've seen in my life.  Looks more real than the rust on my truck!  nice skills

oh and your scratch paint serves its purpose well!  I straight up thought you were scratching the hell out of things after painting

edit: oh and that bent pci slot cover just seems perfectly in place!  nice idea

LTT Community Standards                                               Welcome!-A quick guide for new members to LTT

Man's Machine- i7-7700k@5.0GHz / Asus M8H / GTX 1080Ti / 4x4gb Gskill 3000 CL15  / Custom loop / 240gb Intel SSD / 3tb HDD / Corsair RM1000x / Dell S2716DG

The Lady's Rig- G3258@4.4GHz(1.39v) on Hyper 212 / Gigabyte GA-B85M / gtx750 / 8gb PNY xlr8 / 500gb seagate HDD / CS 450M / Asus PB277Q

39 minutes ago, 0ld_Chicken said:

That looks wonderful man!  I really like copper tubing and will definitely have to do some someday since I use it at work all the time (free tubing!!) 

I just came across this log but I can't wait to see the end!  oh and by the way, that is some of the best looking rust that I've seen in my life.  Looks more real than the rust on my truck!  nice skills

oh and your scratch paint serves its purpose well!  I straight up thought you were scratching the hell out of things after painting

edit: oh and that bent pci slot cover just seems perfectly in place!  nice idea

Wow! Thanks man! Really really appreciate it! Should be done within the next 24/48 hours. Still have some more paint to do on the rust and a couple little details, but thanks so much, really glad people are liking the look of it! :) xD 

Leak testing some of the stuff I have done so far, this is not easy, but so worth it! I'll take some more photos soon, then I'll finish the loop, take some more photos of painting additions I have to do, then we should be all done!

DSC01211.jpg

52 minutes ago, kickasssloth said:

Leak testing some of the stuff I have done so far, this is not easy, but so worth it! I'll take some more photos soon, then I'll finish the loop, take some more photos of painting additions I have to do, then we should be all done!

DSC01211.jpg

This is so tight man. Are you leaving the flexi tube in there?

7 minutes ago, clarkmcc said:

This is so tight man. Are you leaving the flexi tube in there?

Nope, just hooked it up to the drain and opened it so I could test that first run to the GPU wasn't leaking

Just now, kickasssloth said:

Nope, just hooked it up to the drain and opened it so I could test that first run to the GPU wasn't leaking

Nice, I'm assuming the computer isn't running for the leak test right :P cuz I'm so glad I had the pump on a separate PSU when my fittings started spraying all over my server board last night :(

Excuse the out of order updates... 

Here is some more rust!

Lots of little details, still some final work to do but you can see where I've started applying the scratch paint.

DSC01180.jpgDSC01179.jpgDSC01174.jpgDSC01171.jpg

980 ti Time!

DSC01181.jpg

I got a reference card so I could fit the EK block and backplate I got off of craigslist for $50! 

DSC01182.jpg

DSC01186.jpg

There, Much better.
DSC01193.jpg

DSC01191.jpg

Looks so nice in the system!

DSC01189.jpg

Now for the not so good news... My Bitspower tap came broken, it was sent by amazon in an envelope.  It still works, the tap plastic is just broke, so I superglued it back together now and a new one will be here on monday! 

DSC01200.jpg

Got a few of the runs done and leak tested.

DSC01211.jpg

Now, this morning I've done all but one (the hardest) run, the GPU to 120mm rad.. I've tried about 3-4 times so far and nothing works, its so tight. I might have to find an angle fitting but I would rather not. Not super thrilled with the return from the 240 rad to the res, a little too curvy, but due to the nature of the pipe and the fact it can only bend so tight, thats the best its going to be. 

DSC01217.jpg

Also, the LEDs are white, my white balance is just off on my camera. 

DSC01209.jpg

Excuse the out of order updates... 

Here is some more rust!

Lots of little details, still some final work to do but you can see where I've started applying the scratch paint.

DSC01180.jpgDSC01179.jpgDSC01174.jpgDSC01171.jpg

980 ti Time!

DSC01181.jpg

I got a reference card so I could fit the EK block and backplate I got off of craigslist for $50! 

DSC01182.jpg

DSC01186.jpg

There, Much better.
DSC01193.jpg

DSC01191.jpg

Looks so nice in the system!

DSC01189.jpg

Now for the not so good news... My Bitspower tap came broken, it was sent by amazon in an envelope.  It still works, the tap plastic is just broke, so I superglued it back together now and a new one will be here on monday! 

DSC01200.jpg

Got a few of the runs done and leak tested.

DSC01211.jpg

Now, this morning I've done all but one (the hardest) run, the GPU to 120mm rad.. I've tried about 3-4 times so far and nothing works, its so tight. I might have to find an angle fitting but I would rather not. Not super thrilled with the return from the 240 rad to the res, a little too curvy, but due to the nature of the pipe and the fact it can only bend so tight, thats the best its going to be. 

DSC01217.jpg

Also, the LEDs are white, my white balance is just off on my camera. 

DSC01209.jpg

Looks great

Quick update 

Loop is done. I tore my hair out over the connection between the GPU and 120 rad, but gave up after my cheap pipe bender broke... it will be clear tubing for now, its just easier and does't look all that bad, Kind of interesting and Lets me check the flow of the loop. Just have bit more painting to do now, and then the System will be done, Final update and photos coming tomorrow!
DSC01221.jpg

Quick update 

Loop is done. I tore my hair out over the connection between the GPU and 120 rad, but gave up after my cheap pipe bender broke... it will be clear tubing for now, its just easier and does't look all that bad, Kind of interesting and Lets me check the flow of the loop. Just have bit more painting to do now, and then the System will be done, Final update and photos coming tomorrow!
DSC01221.jpg

dont forget that anti corrosion stuff lol

On 4/15/2016 at 0:47 AM, kickasssloth said:

Just used some sticky stuff you use to hang posters (I forget what its called...)

I'm presuming you mean blu-tack?

Amazing looking build..

On 4/16/2016 at 0:24 AM, kickasssloth said:

I did this with my waterblock... Had to wait a week for the replacement.. now I have a random block lying around and $160 down the drain..

1 hour ago, starwarsguy99 said:

I did this with my waterblock... Had to wait a week for the replacement.. now I have a random block lying around and $160 down the drain..

u couldnt return it?

theres anyways hardwareswap