Replacement of older build

Hey guys, 

I am looking to create a new gaming rig and I am looking at getting an Intel 750 PCIe NVMe Drive to be the boot drive:

http://www.intel.com.au/content/www/au/en/solid-state-drives/ssd-750-brief.html

https://www.pccasegear.com/products/32538/intel-750-pcie-nvme-3-0-400gb-ssd

Though since this is a new rig I wanted to go a little further than my last one and go for an SLI build, this is what the final build will consist of, and hopefully the above:

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/PC_Shinkiro/saved/4Kzqqs

The only issue I can see being an issue is that due to SLI being enabled with both graphics cards in there wont be enough PCIe lanes for the NVMe drive.

So the question is would it be an issue having an NVMe drive with graphics cards in SLI in a rig with these specifications?

Thanks guys! I am new here by the way so please correct me if I am doing anything wrong.

Regards,

Shinkiro

2 hours ago, Shinkiro said:

Hey guys, 

I am looking to create a new gaming rig and I am looking at getting an Intel 750 PCIe NVMe Drive to be the boot drive:

Though since this is a new rig I wanted to go a little further than my last one and go for an SLI build, this is what the final build will consist of, and hopefully the above:

The only issue I can see being an issue is that due to SLI being enabled with both graphics cards in there wont be enough PCIe lanes for the NVMe drive.

So the question is would it be an issue having an NVMe drive with graphics cards in SLI in a rig with these specifications?

Thanks guys! I am new here by the way so please correct me if I am doing anything wrong.

Regards,

Shinkiro

i like it, and i think you should be fine, although, id perhaps wait until the new p100 line gpus come out in a few months than get two 980tis in sli, unless you need them right now. 

1 minute ago, Bigheart said:

i like it, and i think you should be fine, although, id perhaps wait until the new p100 line gpus come out in a few months than get two 980tis in sli, unless you need them right now. 

Thanks for the quick reply mate! I had forgotten to mention I already own one GTX 980 Ti. I got that one the day it became available! 

2 hours ago, Shinkiro said:

Hey guys, 

Regards,

Shinkiro

do you plan on doing heavy oc? i assume not since that cooler wont really let ya, but if you are id upgrade thath to an h100i or h110i. 

Just now, Bigheart said:

do you plan on doing heavy oc? i assume not since that cooler wont really let ya, but if you are id upgrade thath to an h100i or h110i. 

Duly noted. I shall update it now. 

1 hour ago, Shinkiro said:

Thanks for the quick reply mate! I had forgotten to mention I already own one GTX 980 Ti. I got that one the day it became available! 

ahhh. well thats even more reason to wait. with directx12 you should be able to put a 980 in sli with a p100. if im wrong, im sure someone will correct me. id really wait on that gpu if i were you, but it is your build. 

24 minutes ago, Shinkiro said:

Base Total: $5919.28    
Combo Discounts: -$17.00    
Mail-in Rebates: -$70.00    
Total: $5832.28  

JESUS CHRIST..... X_X

That's easily 1 year of my university fees.

The problem is that this is an nVidia product and scoring any nVidia product a "zero" is also highly predictive of the number of nVidia products the reviewer will receive for review in the future.

On 2015-01-28 at 5:24 PM, Victorious Secret said:

Only yours, you don't shitpost on the same level that we can, mainly because this thread is finally dead and should be locked.

On 2016-06-07 at 11:25 PM, patrickjp93 said:

I wasn't wrong. It's extremely rare that I am. I provided sources as well. Different devs can disagree. Further, we now have confirmed discrepancy from Twitter about he use of the pre-release 1080 driver in AMD's demo despite the release 1080 driver having been out a week prior.

On 2016-09-10 at 4:32 PM, Hikaru12 said:

You apparently haven't seen his responses to questions on YouTube. He is very condescending and aggressive in his comments with which there is little justification. He acts totally different in his videos. I don't necessarily care for this content style and there is nothing really unique about him or his channel. His endless dick jokes and toilet humor are annoying as well.

1 hour ago, AirborneAsian said:

Never get Razer products.

I usually wouldnt but i've had this particular mouse for years now and love the feel of it. I swap hands and having it feel the same in either hand is useful.

1 hour ago, Shahnewaz said:
Base Total: $5919.28    
Combo Discounts: -$17.00    
Mail-in Rebates: -$70.00    
Total: $5832.28  

JESUS CHRIST..... X_X

That's easily 1 year of my university fees.

I got a bonus at work so I want to go all out.

Though the answer still remains unanswered. I've done a bit more research and it seems as though the NVMe U.2 port shares the exact same PCIe lanes with the M.2 slot so you won't be able to use RAID M.2 and U.2. I think I will have to stick with just the M.2 drive instead, might buy a larger one with the extra cash.

Thanks guys!

30 minutes ago, Shinkiro said:

I usually wouldnt but i've had this particular mouse for years now and love the feel of it. I swap hands and having it feel the same in either hand is useful.

Though the answer still remains unanswered. I've done a bit more research and it seems as though the NVMe U.2 port shares the exact same PCIe lanes with the M.2 slot so you won't be able to use RAID M.2 and U.2. I think I will have to stick with just the M.2 drive instead, might buy a larger one with the extra cash.

Thanks guys!

Please tell me what do you want to do with your PC, before spending 6 THOUSAND DOLLARS on a computer.

The problem is that this is an nVidia product and scoring any nVidia product a "zero" is also highly predictive of the number of nVidia products the reviewer will receive for review in the future.

Only yours, you don't shitpost on the same level that we can, mainly because this thread is finally dead and should be locked.

I wasn't wrong. It's extremely rare that I am. I provided sources as well. Different devs can disagree. Further, we now have confirmed discrepancy from Twitter about he use of the pre-release 1080 driver in AMD's demo despite the release 1080 driver having been out a week prior.

You apparently haven't seen his responses to questions on YouTube. He is very condescending and aggressive in his comments with which there is little justification. He acts totally different in his videos. I don't necessarily care for this content style and there is nothing really unique about him or his channel. His endless dick jokes and toilet humor are annoying as well.

11 minutes ago, Shinkiro said:

Thanks guys!

Razer is alright, BUT the sensor is horrible. 

On 4/11/2016 at 3:57 PM, Shahnewaz said:

Please tell me what do you want to do with your PC, before spending 6 THOUSAND DOLLARS on a computer.

Hey mate, first off I will want to game with everything on maximum settings (and I game ALOT, games range from League of legends to Rainbow Six Siege, Witcher 3, Assassin's Creed, GTA V and other demanding titles), I will also be recording and editing game-play.

I also do architectural design which is why I will get the 21:9 monitor, I previously had a 2560x1080 21:9 LG IPS monitor and loved it for editing and using design programs.

I also want a no compromise build that will be super quick. I was thinking of going X99 but that will blow my budget.

On 4/11/2016 at 3:59 PM, AirborneAsian said:

Razer is alright, BUT the sensor is horrible. 

That still didn't answer the question and is completely irrelevant to me. The mouse feels great in my hands and I love the mouse itself. It has never disappointed me. Though I got rid of Razer Synapse the moment I had set up the mouse, one of the worst programs out there.

I still haven't had any response to my original question.

This is my first time recommending a workstation build. Please don't kill me if I get everything wrong. :/

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Xeon E5-2630 V3 2.4GHz 8-Core Processor  ($629.99 @ SuperBiiz)
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U9S 46.4 CFM CPU Cooler  ($56.89 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X99-UD3P (rev. 1.0) ATX LGA2011-3 Motherboard  ($193.88 @ OutletPC)
Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury Black 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory  ($64.49 @ Newegg)
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($87.77 @ OutletPC)
Storage: Western Digital BLACK SERIES 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($119.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Video Card: AMD FirePro W8100 8GB Video Card (2-Way CrossFire)  ($1004.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Video Card: AMD FirePro W8100 8GB Video Card (2-Way CrossFire)  ($1004.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Case: Fractal Design Define XL R2 (Titanium Grey) ATX Full Tower Case  ($129.99 @ NCIX US)
Power Supply: SeaSonic X Series 850W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($129.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Total: $3422.97
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-04-12 20:11 EDT-0400

7 hours ago, Shinkiro said:

That still didn't answer the question and is completely irrelevant to me. The mouse feels great in my hands and I love the mouse itself. It has never disappointed me. Though I got rid of Razer Synapse the moment I had set up the mouse, one of the worst programs out there.

I still haven't had any response to my original question.

I'm not talking about how comfortable the mouse is, I'm talking about the sensor. Compared to other mice, it's horrible.