EVGA GTX 970 vs ZOTAC

I am looking for a gtx 970 and I've found a ZOTAC model but I've never really heard of this brand before. Is it a good brand or should I just buy the EVGA model? They only real difference that I can see between them is that the ZOTAC gtx 970 is 20$ less.

The big difference is really just clearance and what fans they use. Otherwise, it's pretty much the same. 

They are both good. EVGA has a couple of different models that have different factory overclocks. I have a EVGA and they are a solid brand and I have had really great customer support and RMA. I bought a used model and the fan didn't work. I called them 2:00am and they took care of me, paid for shipping and sent me a brand new card no questions asked. Plus they have 3 year warranty which covers overclocking.

My 970 is the MSI Twin Frozr edition

i7 4790k | MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition | G.Skill Ripjaws X 16 GB | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB | 2x Seagate Barracuda 2TB | MSI GTX 970 Twin Frozr V | Fractal Design R4 | EVGA 650W

A gaming PC for your budget: $800 - $1000 - $1500 - $1800 - $2600 - $9001

Remember to quote people if you want them to see your reply!

get one that u like the best or match your system the best

if you dont give a damn about looks, get the cheaper one

the performance difference is not much

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

I have a Zotac 970 Amp! Omega Core, and it is a great card.  Zotac is a good brand.  So look to aesthetics or core clock to price when choosing really.

15 hours ago, Kickflapper said:

They are both good. EVGA has a couple of different models that have different factory overclocks. I have a EVGA and they are a solid brand and I have had really great customer support and RMA. I bought a used model and the fan didn't work. I called them 2:00am and they took care of me, paid for shipping and sent me a brand new card no questions asked. Plus they have 3 year warranty which covers overclocking.

^ This is why I own many of them...

Zotac is generally less expensive, but in most cases I personally feel it is worth the extra $10-20 to get EVGA.  Service and support, warranty, and the really good ACX 2.0 cooler is worth it, in my opinion.

That being said, sometimes the price does move a lot and on cheaper cards it can be a large percentage of the total price.  But for a GTX 970?  Buy the EVGA all day long.

Just be sure to get the ACX 2.0 cooler and SuperClocked or better.  A FTW is nice, but the SSC is also fine.