OC for 6600k

Im going to OC my 6600k when i buy it, what OC mobo would be of good use?

some asus Z170 board

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Just now, Enderman said:

some asus Z170 board

z170 a or the mark 1?

2 minutes ago, Chimras said:

z170 a or the mark 1?

Z170 is the chipset. Mark I is a branding. All Z170 chipset motherboards are overclockable. That's what matters. Look for Z170 in the product name.

"Not breaking it or making it worse is key."

"Bad choices make good stories."

Just now, kimsejin5 said:

Z170 is the chipset. Mark I is a branding. All Z170 chipset motherboards are overclockable. That's what matters. Look for Z170 in the product name.

I know but i meant the Asus Z170-A or the Asus Sabertooth Mark 1 Z170

Apples to apples comparison, i personally tend to look for bios layout since they all have pretty much the same specs

Just now, Chimras said:

I know but i meant the Asus Z170-A or the Asus Sabertooth Mark 1 Z170

When you get to Asus, they're all good boards. Find the one that matches your budget best (or if it matters to you, color aesthetic), and go with that. 

Just now, Zeinone said:

Apples to apples comparison, i personally tend to look for bios layout since they all have pretty much the same specs

So there is no difference when it comes to Z170 mobos, just the brand and the BIOS?

2 minutes ago, Chimras said:

So there is no difference when it comes to Z170 mobos, just the brand and the BIOS?

Some have different features like more PCI-E Lanes, or more usb ports

down to core preformance their all the same, but others give different bits and bots.

1 minute ago, Chimras said:

There's a wide variety of additional features that come at that price point. It's up to you whether you want to pay up more for those features (such as "Thermal Armor" on Asus boards). 

Just now, Chimras said:

There's difference for example between the Z170-a and deluxe version from asus, with the deluxe version like a build in wifi, more usb ports, sata ports etc. But other than that not much. Price doesn't mean performance.

1 minute ago, Zeinone said:

There's difference for example between the Z170-a and deluxe version from asus, with the deluxe version like a build in wifi, more usb ports, sata ports etc. But other than that not much. Price doesn't mean performance.

Agreed. Remember, price doesn't impact performance. Like at all. It DOES impact features. ;) 

I like the Gigabyte Gaming 3 and the Gaming 7 because they have dual m.2, and  great audio components, with Texas Insturments Amps, and 115dB SNR Dacs - nice things that differentiate them from the crowd.

I like good humans and good food

14 minutes ago, Chimras said:

z170 a or the mark 1?

i like how the mark 1 looks

the a is more of a budget board

get what you can afford and what you like :)

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

24 minutes ago, Chimras said:

z170 a or the mark 1?

asus z170 pro gaming

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

i recommend asus boards because they have a good bios :P

Asus Z170 Pro Gaming

or the z170 sabertooth

or the ROG boards (i wouldnt recommend these unless you dont mind spending extra for your computer to look badass)

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

Just now, Moonzy said:

i recommend asus boards because they have a good bios :P

Asus Z170 Pro Gaming

or the z170 sabertooth

or the ROG boards (i wouldnt recommend these unless you dont mind spending extra for your computer to look badass)

first helping me with AMD now Intl, thanks dude :D

I suggest going either Asus or Gigabyte motherboards. Asus is a well-known brand when it comes to overclocking motherboards. Gigabyte motherboards have pretty good VRMs. MSI is picking up traction, but I am still skeptical about how long they will last.

On 2016-04-08 at 5:19 AM, VaynardX said:

I suggest going either Asus or Gigabyte motherboards. Asus is a well-known brand when it comes to overclocking motherboards. Gigabyte motherboards have pretty good VRMs. MSI is picking up traction, but I am still skeptical about how long they will last.

Ordered the HERO VIII with the 6700k, since the Hero is slightly cheaper and looks great too

I use a Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 7 mobo and it works wonders, got my 6600k up to 4.6 with no problems.

• CPU: Intel Core i7-6700k @4.3ghz, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 7, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB @2400mhz, GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 , Case: Corsair 300R, Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 256GB SSD, WD 1TB Black HDD, WD 2TB HDD PSU: Evga SuperNova 750 G2, Display: ASUS VG248QE @144hz, Cooling: Cooler Master V8 GTS, Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Platinum, Mouse: Logitech G502 Lightspeed, Sound: Phillips SHP9500 + VModa Boom Pro, Operating System: Windows 10 Pro
  •