PC part replacement and future upgrades opinions

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wQMTvK

So a year ago I built a PC with a GTX 970 to play games over 60fps in 1080p and a CPU that was a horrible idea on getting because MMO games do not like my AMD CPU. I plan on replacing my CPU with the brand new Intel i7 6700K and because of going from AMD to Intel I also have to replace my motherboard and ram and case. Honestly when I built my first PC I wasn't very experienced with it. Also the case I first got wasn't really a good idea, I just went and bought this Bitfenix case in august for my birthday and months later on April I finally built the PC. So yeah I was very unprepared on it but now I know what to do and what parts is good for games and a virtual world I go to called second life. Which Intel CPU is better recommended than a AMD FX CPU. SO! I finally decided to replace the parts to have a faster CPU and PC.

I decided that since I am buying new ram and a case then I should get 16gb a RAM instead of 8 this time, and a water cooler for my CPU . Reason for the ram is because when I go on second life I also play games as well. I used to do that with battlefield and other games but now with battlefront and cod black ops 3 out it seems that they take up a lot of ram I guess, Not only that but more ram is better for second life to run and rez everything in the world I walk in.

I want some opinions if these are good enough and if it all works great together.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PC Color scheme:White, Black, Blue

Replacing:Motherboard, CPU, RAM, Case

Keeping:GPU, Wifi adapter, PSU

Adding:2 case fans, CPU Cooler

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This will be the final build for my pc. The gpu is going to be replaced with the new pascal gpu being released this year.

Future complete build:http://pcpartpicker.com/p/PcV2qs

I want to run games in 1440p at 144hz. So with the new graphics cards being launched this year I bet this can do a lot for me.

Date of complete build:Winter 2016

If I missed anything please let me know, It took me a hour just to make this because Linus videos are so distracting!

Honestly, at this point of time, you should get a SSD. Makes a world of difference.

If you can't afford it, you should strongly consider getting a cheaper motherboard and a Samsung 850 EVO 250GB.

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

I'd rather spend less on the motherboard since motherboards rarely matter and get a SSD.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

I can suggest this.  It saves you money, increases performance (RAM), and gets rid of that shitty PSU:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($348.99 @ SuperBiiz)
CPU Cooler: CRYORIG H5 Universal 65.0 CFM CPU Cooler  ($46.99 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: Asus Z170-A ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($150.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($69.99 @ Newegg)  <<leave blue, or paint white.  2x8GB will be easier on the memory controller and possibly allow even more performance.
Case: NZXT Noctis 450 ATX Mid Tower Case  ($119.99 @ Directron)
Power Supply: XFX XTR 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($78.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Total: $815.94
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-04-06 02:07 EDT-0400

Do you just sit and stare at your PC?  The MSI board is nice looking and all, but really... money is better spent elsewhere.  I did not even realize you don't have an SSD.  I assumed it.

have to agree with the comments regarding getting an SSD you will be amazed at just how big an impact on performance it will give you.

As for the ram i would also go with a 2 X 8 gig kit, if you have your heart set on the make and model then get the twin kit (BLS2C8G4D240FSC) rather than the quad it will also mean you can add another kit the same in the future should you want to. It will look ace when you have built it :)

Family is Everything ....But a fast pc with an SSD is NIce

8 hours ago, HKZeroFive said:

Honestly, at this point of time, you should get a SSD. Makes a world of difference.

If you can't afford it, you should strongly consider getting a cheaper motherboard and a Samsung 850 EVO 250GB.

That is actually part of my complete build link

8 hours ago, stconquest said:

I can suggest this.  It saves you money, increases performance (RAM), and gets rid of that shitty PSU:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($348.99 @ SuperBiiz)
CPU Cooler: CRYORIG H5 Universal 65.0 CFM CPU Cooler  ($46.99 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: Asus Z170-A ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($150.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($69.99 @ Newegg)  <<leave blue, or paint white.  2x8GB will be easier on the memory controller and possibly allow even more performance.
Case: NZXT Noctis 450 ATX Mid Tower Case  ($119.99 @ Directron)
Power Supply: XFX XTR 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($78.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Total: $815.94
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-04-06 02:07 EDT-0400

Do you just sit and stare at your PC?  The MSI board is nice looking and all, but really... money is better spent elsewhere.  I did not even realize you don't have an SSD.  I assumed it.

I am ignoring your psu part because I already have a 550. i did not put it on "parts replaced" but that does have good revies and very good price. I took your advice on the mobo though. Thank you for this