so... no mention of the Geforce 1080?

GamersCouch

Didn't watch it. So what did they talk about if they didn't talk about GPUs ?

Spoiler

Just now, Virgule said:

Didn't watch it. So what did they talk about if they didn't talk about GPUs ?

Basically a bunch of deep learning stuff

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X | ASUS TUF GAMING X570-PRO | G.Skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB @3600MHz CL16 | AMD Radeon 6800 XT Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 5 w/ Tempered Glass | Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB + ADATA SU800 2TB | Corsair HX1000iNoctua NH-D15 chromax.black

Yeah, I was disappointed to see no news on the 1080 but I was even more disappointed that they didn't discuss anything about their acquiring of Linus Media Group...

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

1 minute ago, Aytex said:

everything BUT it

Well they DID reveal the Tesla P100 but that's nowhere near consumer grade or gaming :(

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X | ASUS TUF GAMING X570-PRO | G.Skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB @3600MHz CL16 | AMD Radeon 6800 XT Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 5 w/ Tempered Glass | Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB + ADATA SU800 2TB | Corsair HX1000iNoctua NH-D15 chromax.black

1 minute ago, Virgule said:

They talked about caramel, watermelons and speed boats ?

And Rainbow Bunchies!

I watched all of it and was really boring to be honest. The only entertaining part was when Steve Wozniak came on and went to mars via HTC Vive. 

GPU: XFX RX 7900 XTX

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D

Just now, Orangeator said:

I watched all of it and was really boring to be honest. The only entertaining part was when Steve Wozniak came on and went to mars via HTC Vive. 

Meh, I liked the self-driving car thing better personally, Hololens did the mars thing first and better

Just now, GamersCouch said:

I swear though, if Jen-Hsun Huang didn't repeat everything 2 or 3 times, the conference time would be cut in half.

I swear I heard him say the same thing 3 times in a row, it was SUPER annoying

Just now, Riki the Legendary Heropon said:

I swear I heard him say the same thing 3 times in a row, it was SUPER annoying

yeah, it was like

"Everything... everything is better with Deep Learning. Everything is better. With deep learning, everything is better."

1 minute ago, GamersCouch said:

yeah, it was like

"Everything... everything is better with Deep Learning. Everything is better. With deep learning, everything is better."

AMD really needs to get Nvidia out of this pathetic state, CAN WE STOP TRYING TO PLACE TEGRAS IN GODDAMN CARS, AND CAN WE STOP THE "DEEP LEARNING?".

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

1 minute ago, Castdeath97 said:

AMD really need to get Nvidia out of this pathetic state, CAN WE STOP TRYING TO PLACE TEGRAS IN GODDAMN CARS, AND CAN WE STOP THE "DEEP LEARNING?".

Yup

Why is "deep learning" in quotes? Oh wait... "Deep" ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

16 minutes ago, GamersCouch said:

yeah, it was like

Also, what was with the 5-10 second pauses and saying crap like "Oh you're my hero hue hue hue"

do we know when the next event is where they could possibly show the new cards? For both amd and nvidia?

12 minutes ago, dreamhacking said:

http://wccftech.com/nvidia-pascal-gtx-1080-8gb-1070-launching-summer-debut-april-gtc-2016/

Possibly launching GTX 1070 and 1080 in Q3 2016 (Summer) 

The same source you use for claiming that 1070/1080 will possibly launch Q3. Also claimed that both of those cards would debut at GTC 2016, which we know they didn't.

Tech sites knows that all these bullshit rumors bring in readers, so they just keep making shit up and/or report even the most dubious of ''leaks''. Truth is, the only certain thing is that Nvidia have said that the Tesla GP100 will release Q1 2017. Which is 8-11 months forward in time, but i'm sure we all know how uncertain even Nvidias own reported release dates are.

Motherboard: Asus X570-E
CPU: 3900x 4.3GHZ

Memory: G.skill Trident GTZR 3200mhz cl14

GPU: AMD RX 570

SSD1: Corsair MP510 1TB

SSD2: Samsung MX500 500GB

PSU: Corsair AX860i Platinum

6 minutes ago, MMKing said:

The same source you use for claiming that 1070/1080 will possibly launch Q3. Also claimed that both of those cards would debut at GTC 2016, which we know they didn't.

Tech sites knows that all these bullshit rumors bring in readers, so they just keep making shit up and/or report even the most dubious of ''leaks''. Truth is, the only certain thing is that Nvidia have said that the Tesla GP100 will release Q1 2017. Which is 8-11 months forward in time, but i'm sure we all know how uncertain even Nvidias own reported release dates are.

that is true ... lol

thanks for the clarification : )