Which AMD processor is good for gaming ?

Hi guys , So I want to know which AMD processor is best for gaming my budget is 200-250$ , well I have seen some comparison with the FX  8370 vs i5 6600K but it seems like I'm desperate to have an AMD processor this time ..but I would take your opinions on the Intel processors as well :) So please let me know which processor is better at the moment and for future proofing .

And another question if a processor don't have Integrated graphics does that mean it will must need an external graphics card ? 

Thanks I will wait for your reply .

4 minutes ago, Aaron Hossain said:

if a processor don't have Integrated graphics does that mean it will must need an external graphics card

that's kinda obvious...

Today for gaming AMD has no place. An Intel 4690k is proberbly the sweetspot for gaming. Overclocks like a champ as well.

Just now, Mkander99 said:

that's kinda obvious...

Just wanted to make sure ..lol

At the moment, if you can afford it, Intel is much better for gaming(unfortunately) , however the 8370 is a very good cpu for its price, when oc'ed its fairly quick, if you want better future proofing go with the 6600k due to it using ddr4,

1 minute ago, beach_boy98 said:

Today for gaming AMD has no place. An Intel 4690k is proberbly the sweetspot for gaming. Overclocks like a champ as well.

So should I buy this 4690K or the 6600K ? which one will be better also can you tell me about  the differences between ATX mainboard and micro ATX ?

2 minutes ago, Aaron Hossain said:

Hi guys , So I want to know which AMD processor is best for gaming my budget is 200-250$ , well I have seen some comparison with the FX  8370 vs i5 6600K but it seems like I'm desperate to have an AMD processor this time ..but I would take your opinions on the Intel processors as well :) So please let me know which processor is better at the moment and for future proofing .

And another question if a processor don't have Integrated graphics does that mean it will must need an external graphics card ? 

Thanks I will wait for your reply .

Intel 4000/6000 series. Go for the i5 (unless you can get a good deal on an i7).

AMD is a cheaper option and the FX 6300 or FX 8350 are decent choices and will allow you to run GPU demanding titles at medium to high with a decent card. However, they aren't as good as the Intel CPUs, not by a long stretch.

As for your other question, the external GPU will always be used over the iintegrated graphics.

1 minute ago, 2001jaden said:

At the moment, if you can afford it, Intel is much better for gaming(unfortunately) , however the 8370 is a very good cpu for its price, when oc'ed its fairly quick, if you want better future proofing go with the 6600k due to it using ddr4,

Thanks ! :)

2 minutes ago, K0MP4CT said:

Intel 4000/6000 series. Go for the i5 (unless you can get a good deal on an i7).

AMD is a cheaper option and the FX 6300 or FX 8350 are decent choices and will allow you to run GPU demanding titles at medium to high with a decent card. However, they aren't as good as the Intel CPUs, not by a long stretch.

As for your other question, the external GPU will always be used over the iintegrated graphics.

I can't afford any i7 processor at the moment thanks for the info I will consider an i5

Just now, Aaron Hossain said:

So should I buy this 4690K or the 6600K ? which one will be better also can you tell me about  the differences between ATX mainboard and micro ATX ?

The difference is simply size and along with that, features. In general, an ATX motherboard will provide you with more features (more USB ports, SLI/Crossfire support, more PCI lanes). Whereas, Micro-ATX supports smaller form factor cases, and although some still support Crossfire and SLI and still come with plenty of USB ports or SATA ports, a full sized ATX will generally provide you with more.

As far as I'm concerned, ATX is the most common form factor today.

The main difference between them apart from size of the board is the amount of expansion slots and ram slots etc

Athlon X4 880K performs better than an i3 4170 and probably the most balanced AMD CPU

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

1 minute ago, K0MP4CT said:

The difference is simply size and along with that, features. In general, an ATX motherboard will provide you with more features (more USB ports, SLI/Crossfire support, more PCI lanes). Whereas, Micro-ATX supports smaller form factor cases, and although some still support Crossfire and SLI and still come with plenty of USB ports or SATA ports, a full sized ATX will generally provide you with more.

As far as I'm concerned, ATX is the most common form factor today.

Wow thanks a lot I understand everything about this now :) So I will buy a ATX mainboard from MSI which one is better can you suggest me ? with the i5 6600K processor ? budget is around 80-100$

I would get the i5-6600k, since it performs better than the 8370, and can be upgraded to an i7-6700k later.

I used to be quite active here.

2 minutes ago, don_svetlio said:

snip

2 minutes ago, 2001jaden said:

snip

2 minutes ago, K0MP4CT said:

snip

snip

7 minutes ago, beach_boy98 said:

snip

8 minutes ago, Mkander99 said:

snip

we all know the best cpu for gaming is the intel 4004 clocks at 7.6GHz with 78 cores and 156 ht

1 minute ago, Kobathor said:

I would get the i5-6600k, since it performs better than the 8370, and can be upgraded to an i7-6700k later.

That's nice!

1 minute ago, IsaacDaGrazin said:

we all know the best cpu for gaming is the intel 4004 clocks at 7.6GHz with 78 cores and 156 ht

i prefer athlon64x64

3 minutes ago, don_svetlio said:

Athlon X4 880K performs better than an i3 4170 and probably the most balanced AMD CPU

No it would not. It would perform slightly under it. Better at multi-thread, but not by very much.

The most balanced AMD CPU is a Athlon x4 845 with a 105-108 BCLK OC

1 minute ago, Prysin said:

No it would not. It would perform slightly under it. Better at multi-thread, but not by very much.

The most balanced AMD CPU is a Athlon x4 845 with a 105-108 BCLK OC

Most games use 4 threads so I'd say the i3 and 880K are more or less on the same footing

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

3 minutes ago, Aaron Hossain said:

Wow thanks a lot I understand everything about this now :) So I will buy a ATX mainboard from MSI which one is better can you suggest me ? with the i5 6600K processor ? budget is around 80-100$

in that case i would drop down to the i5 6500 and get a 150 USD board. LGA 1151 will get new CPUs for another 2 years, so buying a better mobo and slightly slower chip today will allow you to keep "ontop" of the feature game, whilst still having a strong CPU.

Get a ASRock board and you can do baseclock OC of the 6500, which would make it more then fast enough for quite some time.

1 minute ago, othertomperson said:

Wait for Zen. AMD haven't been relevant since 2011. Hopefully they will change that by the end of this year.

When are they gonna announce the new processor ? I'm gonna buy the processor after 2months 

10 minutes ago, Aaron Hossain said:

There's not much of an excuse to go with an older chip at this point, so I recommend the 6600K. ATX and mATX are different form factors of motherboards. An ATX board will be larger than an mATX one.

image.jpeg