Who's excited for Quantum Break?

afyeung

I just saw the gameplay footage on Youtube. The gameplay looks pretty interesting from what little we've seen so far, but the game itself looks absolutely gorgeous. The character models even rival Rise of the Tomb Raider because of the much more detailed skin textures. I probably won't be able to get a nice 60 at 1440p with high settings just like ROTR with the single 390x. But even the 720p footage from the Xbox that they're showing looks amazing so I can only imagine what 1080p + slightly better visuals at 60fps looks like :D I know I'm super excited but hopefully Microsoft doesn't screw this one up which they seem to have a knack for doing >:(

Current PC: Origin Millennium- i7 5820K @4.0GHz | GTX 980Ti SLI | X99 Deluxe 

Reviews have been meh.  Also good luck downloading every cutscene there is over and over again every time you play it.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

2 minutes ago, Samfisher said:

Reviews have been meh.  Also good luck downloading every cutscene there is over and over again every time you play it.

I think it streams the cutscenes. Digital foundry says they're rendered real time. I'm not sure how they will play. But honestly DRM+Microsoft could make or break this game. More likely break from the looks of it. 

Just now, afyeung said:

I think it streams the cutscenes. Digital foundry says they're rendered real time. I'm not sure how they will play. But honestly DRM+Microsoft could make or break this game. More likely break from the looks of it. 

Yeah it streams.  Streaming is still downloading.  That's what I meant by having to download it again and again every time you play it.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

I am definitely picking this one up!

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

1 minute ago, Samfisher said:

Yeah it streams.  Streaming is still downloading.  That's what I meant by having to download it again and again every time you play it.

That sounds extremely idiotic lol. Streaming real-time rendered cutscenes. Sounds counter-intuitive and a obvious attempt to prevent piracy. I don't get it. They practically killed Piracy of AAA games with Denuvo yet they're still putting stupid safe guards on paying customers like required internet access with the new hitman. smh

2 minutes ago, ShadowCaptain said:

I am definitely picking this one up!

Like your enthusiasm :D Game looks awesome but I'm interested in the gameplay and story as well. I wouldn't mind shelling out $50-60 for this as long as it runs well and doesn't have drm issues. If microsoft screws up then they're not getting my money though 

1 minute ago, afyeung said:

That sounds extremely idiotic lol. Streaming real-time rendered cutscenes. Sounds counter-intuitive and a obvious attempt to prevent piracy. I don't get it. They practically killed Piracy of AAA games with Denuvo yet they're still putting stupid safe guards on paying customers like required internet access with the new hitman. smh

My internet sucks, therefore, no Quantum Break for me.

1 minute ago, Starelementpoke said:

My internet sucks, therefore, no Quantum Break for me.

Lol. I'm guessing you didn't pick up the hitman game either? I'm probably not because from the looks of it AMD screwed up that game. And I'm just waiting until Pascal comes out so I can make the switch

10 minutes ago, afyeung said:

Sounds counter-intuitive and a obvious attempt to prevent piracy. I don't get it.

And yet, ironically, cutscenes are probably the easiest thing to pirate. Even if they don't end up on Youtube [somehow], all you need is recording software to grab the cutscenes and do whatever you want with them.

Just now, typographie said:

And yet, ironically, cutscenes are probably the easiest thing to pirate. Even if they don't end up on Youtube [somehow], all you need is recording software to grab the cutscenes and do whatever you want with them.

Don't get your point. Obviously there's gonna be tons of gameplay footage on YouTube just like every other AAA game out there. That's not piracy. AAA Piracy is practically dead after Denuvo got enhanced. All the major crackers gave up. 

8 minutes ago, afyeung said:

Don't get your point. Obviously there's gonna be tons of gameplay footage on YouTube just like every other AAA game out there. That's not piracy. AAA Piracy is practically dead after Denuvo got enhanced. All the major crackers gave up. 

I'm confused. I didn't say posting gameplay content was piracy.

I was replying to someone who speculated that the streaming cutscene design was a possible anti-piracy measure. My point was that if it's to deter piracy, it's a poor attempt, as all one needs is recording software to make a hard copy of the cutscenes for upload anywhere they want. For anyone who wants to pirate Quantum Break, getting around the fact that cutscenes are streamed will probably be the easiest part.

1 minute ago, typographie said:

I'm confused. I didn't say posting gameplay content was piracy.

I was replying to someone who speculated that the streaming cutscene design was a possible anti-piracy measure. My point was that if it's to deter piracy, it's a poor attempt, as all one needs is recording software to make a hard copy of the cutscenes for upload anywhere they want.

I get your point now. Sorry lol. But in order to change the game to accept prerendered cutscenes, crackers will need to reprogram the game a bit so it doesn't go searching online during cutscenes. I think the game uses denuvo so crackers won't even bother lol. 

Just now, afyeung said:

I get your point now. Sorry lol. But in order to change the game to accept prerendered cutscenes, crackers will need to reprogram the game a bit so it doesn't go searching online during cutscenes. I think the game uses denuvo so crackers won't even bother lol. 

Good point, it depends on how the game responds to being played offline.

1 hour ago, typographie said:

Good point, it depends on how the game responds to being played offline.

I have never played a game with my ethernet disconnected. But I'd prefer if they didn't do that online BS for the PC version. 

Quite impressive, might get this one if they optimize for PC as well. Not a fan of streaming cut-scene, hope i can download it permanently or disable the cut-scene.

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

22 minutes ago, xAcid9 said:

Quite impressive, might get this one if they optimize for PC as well. Not a fan of streaming cut-scene, hope i can download it permanently or disable the cut-scene.

Shadows look horrendous on xbone and textures sometimes have issues, but people like yourself who have a card such as the 290x have access to like 6x+ more powerful hardware. Hopefully dx12 can take advantage of that

4 hours ago, afyeung said:

I think you missed something, there are real-time cutscenes and there are live action episodes, only the latter of which are streamed because come on, who downloads 80gigabytes of game... Nothing to do with piracy in that regard.

The game will look really good on PC, but only if there's a way around the resolution reconstruction, it's one of the things that makes the game look smeared and really dampens image quality in motion. I'd rather have a native resolution, even when it takes a bigger hit on hardware. Running this on ultra shouldn't be a problem (unless it's a broken piece of shit like Gears of War: UE) for higher end PCs.

144Hz goodness

2 minutes ago, ivhyn said:

I think you missed something, there are real-time cutscenes and there are live action episodes, only the latter of which are streamed because come on, who downloads 80gigabytes of game... Nothing to do with piracy in that regard.

The game will look really good on PC, but only if there's a way around the resolution reconstruction, it's one of the things that makes the game look smeared and really dampens image quality in motion. I'd rather have a native resolution, even when it takes a bigger hit on hardware. Running this on ultra shouldn't be a problem (unless it's a broken piece of shit like Gears of War: UE) for higher end PCs.

Oh I understand now. Thanks! The game looks ok in motion from what I've seen on YouTube, but obviously I can't really be the judge of that right now. I don't think they'll use the same down sampling technique on PC and they'll just stick to native resolutions. 

Streaming?? the fuck?

They think everyone can stream 24/7?

CONSOLE KILLER: Pentium III 700mhz . 512MB RAM . 3DFX VOODOO 3 SLi

6 minutes ago, afyeung said:

Oh I understand now. Thanks! The game looks ok in motion from what I've seen on YouTube, but obviously I can't really be the judge of that right now. I don't think they'll use the same down sampling technique on PC and they'll just stick to native resolutions. 

That depends on how integrated it is in the rendering pipeline.

If you need some HQ footage, watch it on gamersyde who upload high bitrate videos to their own video player. No more youtube compression.

http://gamersyde.com/game_videos_2722_en.html

144Hz goodness

Game looks impressive though.

CONSOLE KILLER: Pentium III 700mhz . 512MB RAM . 3DFX VOODOO 3 SLi

Pretty pissed I just had to buy a XBO game to be able to play this when I have a PS4. Why didn't they just release PC and XBO one games separately ? Also seems I will be delayed as PC release is saying "around April 5th" lol

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

Im no Fan of this Timefreeze/Controll Mechanics.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO