why did linus upload a aprils fools video today?

GreezyJeezy

Because of Leap Day....there was already an extra day that messed up the Calendar....today should be April 1st!

浪速の建てるは静か用に建てました!- Build Log Coming Soon!

3 minutes ago, LinusTech said:

Because half of our audience is not North American. 

I just would of thought you'd upload it maybe midnight your time so then it would still be April first in a lot of places. But I do get it, if you waited then it they would not get a April fools day joke and since it was before April fools in the us we would still get it because the day would not of passed.

Hah! I have to admit I started falling out of my chair laughing when I heard that nvidia bought LMG... why not ASUS??? Make everything Red instead!

Side note: I'm pranking my boss by giving him strawberries with a side of whipped cream... but the whipped cream is actually - shaving cream!!! <insert evil laugh here>

Lunix Is An Illegal Hacker Operating System

| [CPU] Intel i7 5960X (4.5GHz) | [Mobo] ASUS Rampage V E10 | [RAM] G. Skill Ripjaws 4 64GB (8x8GB) | [CPU Cooler] Custom Acrylic | [OS Drive] Samsung 970 Pro 512GB M.2 SSD | [Storage] WD Black 4TB (x2 RAID 0) | [GPU] ASUS GTX 980 (x2 stock) | [PSU] Corsair AX1200i | [Case] Corsair 900D | [Keyboard] Corsair K95 Platinum | [Mouse] Corsair Dark Core RGB | [speakers] Logitech Z906 | [Monitors] ASUS VS278Q-P (x3 27"s) |

8 minutes ago, PiGHamM3R said:

Hah! I have to admit I started falling out of my chair laughing when I heard that nvidia bought LMG... why not ASUS??? Make everything Red instead!

Side note: I'm pranking my boss by giving him strawberries with a side of whipped cream... but the whipped cream is actually - shaving cream!!! <insert evil laugh here>

I hope you are good friends with your boss or he might be your ex boss xDD

3 hours ago, Hackentosher said:

Wait what's the MSI one? The Razer one made me smile, but I can't find anything on MSI's home page

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

With Razer and MSI mentioned, this might be the only time big US companies think about rest of the world really....because for the rest of the year noone gives a fuck.

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

3 hours ago, GreezyJeezy said:

im simply asking why. a ot of peopel put out april fools videos when in the uploaded time zone

Because they want it up early for when people wake up on the 1st and it will have maximum effect worldwide

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

10 hours ago, GreezyJeezy said:

yes but he could of done when it was the first in the US,canada and EU. 

you aren't the center of the world. 

I giggled like a schoolgirl at nvidiamediagroup.com redirecting to Apple

11 hours ago, Squirrel724 said:

But linus is not on the other side of the date line. It is 3/31/16 at 6:13PM at LTT

That MM/DD/YY format caught me off guard. How can you live with something like that?

Pixelbook Go i5 Pixel 4 XL 

49 minutes ago, Arty said:

you aren't the center of the world. 

I know. The center of the world is magma , we are on The worlds crust.

2 hours ago, Citadelen said:

That MM/DD/YY format caught me off guard. How can you live with something like that?

As an american DD/MM/YY throws me off. MM/DD/YY is what I have always used and what I am familiar with.

7 minutes ago, Squirrel724 said:

As an american DD/MM/YY throws me off. MM/DD/YY is what I have always used and what I am familiar with.

ikr DD/MM/YY is just really weird

@LinusTech

could you please not repeat this next year, pleeaase? I wasn't fooled.

last year @WCCFtechTv (remember the 990 Ti -the 2015 april joke-, which is the FIRST year I got into the pc world) fooled the shit out of me, I ended up embarrassing myself :S. But this year no one , and I mean every human being in existence (including linus) will not be able to fool me.

8 minutes ago, skysaberx8x said:

@LinusTech

could you please not repeat this next year, pleeaase? I wasn't fooled.

last year @WCCFtechTv (remember the 990 Ti -the 2015 april joke-, which is the FIRST year I got into the pc world) fooled the shit out of me, I ended up embarrassing myself :S. But this year no one , and I mean every human being in existence (including linus) will not be able to fool me.

because he only made the video to try to fool you. not the other 2 million people he only did it for you. a person he doesn't even know exists,

Just now, GreezyJeezy said:

because he only made the video to try to fool you. not the other 2 million people he only did it for you. a person he doesn't even know exists,

I understand that. However, not everyone know April fools day in this planet, and sometimes it might leads to people embarrassing themselves. 

2 minutes ago, skysaberx8x said:

I understand that. However, not everyone know April fools day in this planet, and sometimes it might leads to people embarrassing themselves. 

well that is the point. to try to make something that is believable to fool people. its for the people who dont know/forget it is the first so that they will belive it and then you laugh at them xD 

7 minutes ago, GreezyJeezy said:

well that is the point. to try to make something that is believable to fool people. its for the people who dont know/forget it is the first so that they will belive it and then you laugh at them xD 

I know, and the video is actually funny. but maybe there should be a disclaimer in the description or at the end of the video

If you want to know why I'm very frustrated, I really really embarrassed myself . 

2 minutes ago, skysaberx8x said:

I know, and the video is actually funny. but maybe there should be a disclaimer in the description or at the end of the video

If you want to know why I'm very frustrated, I really really embarrassed myself . 

it's all in the fun of it, and well you can tell its fake by how he tapes over his sign with paper that says Nvidia and stuff like that. if it was real it would be a lot more professional. and again it's all in the fun of it, eveyone falls for at least one april's fools prank. and if you did look in the dispersion if his video for this year you will see that when you click that website like it redirects to apple so that tells you it's fake too.

12 hours ago, GreezyJeezy said:

I hope you are good friends with your boss or he might be your ex boss xDD

xD I am indeed. He took it in good stride. Last year I siphoned out the jelly in some doughnuts and replaced it with ketchup.

Lunix Is An Illegal Hacker Operating System

| [CPU] Intel i7 5960X (4.5GHz) | [Mobo] ASUS Rampage V E10 | [RAM] G. Skill Ripjaws 4 64GB (8x8GB) | [CPU Cooler] Custom Acrylic | [OS Drive] Samsung 970 Pro 512GB M.2 SSD | [Storage] WD Black 4TB (x2 RAID 0) | [GPU] ASUS GTX 980 (x2 stock) | [PSU] Corsair AX1200i | [Case] Corsair 900D | [Keyboard] Corsair K95 Platinum | [Mouse] Corsair Dark Core RGB | [speakers] Logitech Z906 | [Monitors] ASUS VS278Q-P (x3 27"s) |

Just now, PiGHamM3R said:

xD I am indeed. He took it in good stride. Last year I siphoned out the jelly in some doughnuts and replaced it with ketchup.

man that is just nasty xD i wouldn't want to be your boss xD