what is the best place to get cheap old computers or computer parts

Legolessed

i dont care about the quality of the parts i just want to try some different motherboards out and designs for pc's and laptop's that im building.

1 minute ago, Legolessed said:

i dont care about the quality of the parts i just want to try some different motherboards out and designs for pc's and laptop's that im building.

Goodwill / other thrift stores especially for old stuff which may or may not work. A PC recycling company if there is on in your area. University Surplus sales. Craigslist. Ebay. Garage sales. 

You could always put an add on Craigslist looking for older computer parts for an art project with the promise to recycle anything you don't use. 

浪速の建てるは静か用に建てました!- Build Log Coming Soon!

Just now, Papakuma said:

Goodwill / other thrift stores especially for old stuff which may or may not work. A PC recycling company if there is on in your area. University Surplus sales. Craigslist. Ebay. Garage sales. 

You could always put an add on Craigslist looking for older computer parts for an art project with the promise to recycle anything you don't use. 

ok. ill try goodwill and ill put an ad up on craigslist. Thanks!

an electronics dump or recycling facility

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

If you want something that's not 10 years or older, reddit.com/r/hardwareswap would be a good choice, or if you're willing to take some risks, e-bay.

ASU

Craigslist. Have you watched scrapyard wars? It's all about this stuff in a way.

19 minutes ago, Legolessed said:

from craigslist i was able to get 5 computers for 80$ or just 16$ each