Sol Republic cable pinout????

mr moose

Hi guys,

Don't judge me, My in-laws gave my sone a pair of Sol Republic headphones for his pc. 

Anyway one of the cables has stoppoed working and the other has an intermittant problem, I do not want to pay $25 for new cables when I have the gear here to make any cable I want.

The problem I have is that I can't workout if these headphones have a specific pinout, are they balanced? is the in-line volume control necessary?

They have mini stereo jacks for each can and a 3.5 trrs plug which works with any standard stereo headphone jack.

Any ideas help appreciated.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Jack's on each can, but only one cable? I've seen it before as a convenience factor, but it's still an unbalanced connection.

The smartphone volume control/inline mic(assuming that's what it is) only works with TRRS, so you'd be better off using a different TRS jack if you're loosing that module.

Jack's on each can, but only one cable? I've seen it before as a convenience factor, but it's still an unbalanced connection.

The smartphone volume control/inline mic(assuming that's what it is) only works with TRRS, so you'd be better off using a different TRS jack if you're loosing that module.

The bit that concerns me is that each can jack is a trs, why would they spend extra for a trs when a ts would suffice?

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

The bit that concerns me is that each can jack is a trs, why would they spend extra for a trs when a ts would suffice?

So the signal for the other can could travel up through the headband to power the other driver? It's a matter of preference on which side you want your cable on.

So the signal for the other can could travel up through the headband to power the other driver? It's a matter of preference on which side you want your cable on.

No no no, each can has its own trs jack, There is no cable that runs from one to the other.  The cable starts with a trrs that plugs into the source, then it has an inline button volume control then the cable splits to two trs jacks, one for left and the other for right.

sol-republic-sound-track-cable.jpg

cheers,  Always nice to have my suspicions affirmed.

You know, you can get free cables from the company under warranty, or even past warranty. I've even gotten replacement engines from them before.

You know, you can get free cables from the company under warranty, or even past warranty. I've even gotten replacement engines from them before.

good idea, I'll send them an email, cheers.