Can't stream 1080P YouTube on a 65 megabit connection?

orangecat

I have a pretty solid 55 megabit connection at home and I actually get closer to 65 but recently YouTube has had a bunch of problems streaming 1080P videos to me. In the past I've streamed multiple 4K videos over Wi-Fi no problem. Any tips?

depending the browser  cleaning cache might help  ,,,depending on the OS deleting your '%temp%' files might help ,,, My net connection is crap, and sometimes able to stream 1080p. 

Just now, Toxicknight79 said:

depending the browser  cleaning cache might help  ,,,depending on the OS deleting your '%temp%' files might help ,,, My net connection is crap, and sometimes able to stream 1080p. 

I'll try clearing the cache, never had a problem with Chrome before.

Just now, Kilobytez95 said:

I'll try clearing the cache, never had a problem with Chrome before.

chrome is a pain in the *** sometimes.  so don;t trust it tooo much.

Use a wired connection, if you aren't already. Are other devices (wireless or wired) working at full speed?

i7 4790k | MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition | G.Skill Ripjaws X 16 GB | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB | 2x Seagate Barracuda 2TB | MSI GTX 970 Twin Frozr V | Fractal Design R4 | EVGA 650W

A gaming PC for your budget: $800 - $1000 - $1500 - $1800 - $2600 - $9001

Remember to quote people if you want them to see your reply!

Various factors will determine streaming video stability to your home connection.

More often then not its something causing it upstream of your neighborhoods' node from your ISP..

Throughout the day Vimeo videos will randomly cease to stream smoothly to our home connection, usually after watching a couple.

That tells me my ISP or Vimeo's servers, or something upstream, are throttling the connection between Vimeo and my home IP.

A good way to test this is to switch over to another ISP, whether it be by taking your computer to a friends house, or laptop to a coffee shop.

Chances are, videos will stream fine. If your friend has the same ISP as you, and they don't stream smoothly, then it's probably the ISP.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

1 hour ago, Kilobytez95 said:

I have a pretty solid 55 megabit connection at home and I actually get closer to 65 but recently YouTube has had a bunch of problems streaming 1080P videos to me. In the past I've streamed multiple 4K videos over Wi-Fi no problem. Any tips?

Youtube is a broken piece of crap in most cases. I have a 75Mbps connection which I get 90Mbps most of the time. Some days I can stream no issue, others I cant. Most other sites work fine. So Im guessing youtube just is having issues. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

9 minutes ago, MW3_587786 said:

no. ISPs are pieces of crap, and they throttle your connection until they are on their knees. That's why I hate most ISPs

Ive never had an issue. On any other video platform. Vessel, Netflix, Amazon. Comcast has been rock solid. So no, you cant always blame ISP's. 

Just now, MW3_587786 said:

can you tell me how you got around their connection throttling? I live in Houston, the 3rd most populated city in the U.S.A. Is there any reason why I'm affected more than you, even though the infra-structure should be better?

Maybe the cable system you are connected to is shit. Comcast does well in the Metro Detroit area. It all depends on your area.