Explosives in my backyard

babadoctor
Go to solution Solved by Real_PhillBert,

I dont know about their use, but anything over 4oz would be a Destructive Device, which is regulated by the BATFE under the NFA. Making one without the BATFE approval, is extremely illegal.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Destructive_device

Short answer: if you dont want a meeting with Jared and his foot long, dont do it. 

Is it legal to blow up explosives in my backyard in California?

In some states I hear it is legal without a permit

i hear that if it is on private property, it is legal

Is this true?

specifically fertilizer and sugar

OFF TOPIC: I suggest every poll from now on to have "**CK EA" option instead of "Other"

I dont know about their use, but anything over 4oz would be a Destructive Device, which is regulated by the BATFE under the NFA. Making one without the BATFE approval, is extremely illegal.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Destructive_device

Short answer: if you dont want a meeting with Jared and his foot long, dont do it. 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

An old classmate used to make TATP bombs for fun out on his farm. He got the cops called on him soo many times. Add to that fact that his closest neighbor was like 5km away.

I can't imagine being stupid enough to do it in an urban area.

My AMD Build:

Spoiler

FX 6300 @ 4.8GHz, Zalman CNPS14X, MSI 970 Gaming, 16gb 1866MHz AData Ram, 3D Club R9 280X, Corsair 600M Psu, Thermaltake V3 AMD Edition Case, D-link 1200AC WiFi, 240gb Mushkin SSD, 2tb WD HDD, 140gb WD HDD (recording gameplay), 5x CoolerMaster SickleFlow 120mm fans, Windows 10 64Bit

Sisters Intel Build:

Spoiler

I7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, CoolerMaster 212 Evo, Gigabyte Gaming 5, 16gb 1866MHz Corsair Ram, 3D Club R9 390, EVGA 650GS Psu, NZXT S340 Case, D-Link 1200AC WiFi Card, HyperX 240gb SSD, 2tb WD HDD, Windows 10 64 Bit

You can do it if, you'll probably go to jail though, worth :D

Intel Core i7 7770K | 32 GB's Ram 3000MHz | GTX 1080 Ti | 250GB SSD | 3TB 7400 RPM | Sound Blaster Z | ASUS ROG MG278Q | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Final Mouse 2015 | Blue Yeti | Seinheiser HD 600's | Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro | Aune T1 MK2

In California it is illegal to even use firecracker's. So some type of other explosive is going to get you in trouble.

It's always a good day if you woke up breathing.

On 3/28/2016 at 9:56 AM, babadoctor said:

Is this true?

I use to mix Stump remover and sugar to make huge smokebombs. it was kool. I too live in California

CPU: AMD FX-6300     COOLER: Hyper 212 EVO    MOBO: ASUS M5A97 R2.0    RAM: Team Vulcan 8Gb (4Gb x 2) , G-Skill Sniper (4Gb x 2)    PSU: Rosewill HIVE-750w    GPU: ASUS HD 7790 2Gb OC    CASE: NZXT Phantom 410    STORAGE: WD Black 1Tb , Intel 530 120Gb     AUDIO: HyperX Cloud , Sennheiser HD 518 , Audio Technica ATH-M30 , Sennheiser MM30G , Yamaha RX-V361 , Pioneer SP-BS22     PHONE: Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge     PERIPHERALS: Razer BlackWidow Ultimate Classic , Logitech g502 ( Thanks Syntaxvgm <3 )

On 3/28/2016 at 0:56 PM, babadoctor said:

Is this true?

You do relies this post is probably trending at the NSA. I would not advise setting off any explosives. If you do you might be meeting some letters of the alphabet if you know what I mean. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

I think pre 9-11 most people would think it was just firecrackers and ignore you.... now? I think the FBI will be raiding you in 24 hours for even mentioning explosives here lol 

On 3/30/2016 at 4:26 AM, Newenthusiast said:

I think pre 9-11 most people would think it was just firecrackers and ignore you.... now? I think the FBI will be raiding you in 24 hours for even mentioning explosives here lol 

shut up idiot

it was on reddit

OFF TOPIC: I suggest every poll from now on to have "**CK EA" option instead of "Other"

On 3/30/2016 at 9:03 PM, Donut417 said:

You do relies this post is probably trending at the NSA. I would not advise setting off any explosives. If you do you might be meeting some letters of the alphabet if you know what I mean. 

IDIOT

IT WAS ON REDDIT

1 hour ago, babadoctor said:

shut up idiot

it was on reddit

54 minutes ago, babadoctor said:

IDIOT

IT WAS ON REDDIT

oh mate...  you've been doing so much better lately too... 

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

This is why:

1. We can't have nice things.

2. You're currently on an NSA watchlist. Though to be fair, I'm entirely sure I am too, so we're in the same boat.

I guess it's nice having some company on the watchlist. It was getting lonely.

G3258 V 860k (Spoiler: G3258 wins)

Spoiler

i7-4790K | MSI R9 390x | Cryorig H5 | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 Motherboard | G.Skill Sniper 8gbx2 1600mhz DDR3 | Corsair 300R | WD Green 2TB 2.5" 5400RPM drive | <p>Corsair RM750 | Logitech G602 | Corsair K95 RGB | Logitech Z313

4 minutes ago, FruitBasketSilex said:

This is why:

1. We can't have nice things.

2. You're currently on an NSA watchlist. Though to be fair, I'm entirely sure I am too, so we're in the same boat.

I guess it's nice having some company on the watchlist. It was getting lonely.

lol

shit

52 minutes ago, Atmos said:

oh mate...  you've been doing so much better lately too... 

look buddy

i don't like being accused of being put on the NSA wachlist

2 hours ago, babadoctor said:

look buddy

i don't like being accused of being put on the NSA wachlist

That excuse is about as weak as ubisoft's defense of 30fps locked pc games.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

17 hours ago, Atmos said:

That excuse is about as weak as ubisoft's defense of 30fps locked pc games.

please just leave me alone

What was on reddit? I kinda missed that. 

Also, I have absolutely no idea what's going on here.

Do not feed.

1 minute ago, TheWoollyMammoth said:

What was on reddit? I kinda missed that. 

Also, I have absolutely no idea what's going on here.

just leave me alooooneeeee

https://www.reddit.com/r/Pathfinder_RPG/comments/3p9xd0/two_alchemists_in_my_campaign_want_to_make/

4 minutes ago, ninninon said:

The NSA is what's going on here.

3 minutes ago, TheWoollyMammoth said:

Okay then.

Now I'm even more confused.

OK IT WAS A REDDIT POST ABOUT MYTHBUSTERS DELETED EPISODE ON FP A WEEK AGO 

FP on TIL it says "TIL mythbusters once created a bomb out of fertilizer and sugar and blew it up, then deleted all of the footage because it was so dangerous"

Honestly I don't see how it could be illegal for you to set off firecrackers on your own personal property? I don't think they could actually prosecute you for that... Now however, a fertilizer bomb I doubt would even work since for awhile now the reactive ingredients in fertilizer has been removed. 

GPU: XFX RX 7900 XTX

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D

Just now, babadoctor said:

OK IT WAS A REDDIT POST ABOUT MYTHBUSTERS DELETED EPISODE ON FP A WEEK AGO 

And you're just assuming that everyone reads reddit? Good job caps lock warrior.

Do not feed.