[SUPER FAKE] YouTube video claims Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool can double your RAM - Real or Fake?

UPDATE: I got punked. This is super fake.

Video in question is this:

tl;dw:

• optimization known as stochastic optimization aka simulated annealing, RAM handles twice as much data as normal, effectively doubling
  • Steps:
    • Checkdisk (cmd as admin, chkdsk /f, restart)
    • Run Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool, restart
    • F1 to open options, choose Extended test mix (description of tests at 3:15), default cache setting, maximum or 15 pass count (0-15), wait
    • Wait, possibly for several hours, do it overnight
    • Check event viewer to see if it worked (CompletionType: Pass)
    • Check specs to see it has increased from 16.0 GB to 32.12 GB. Results may vary with quality of RAM.

At first, I was like cool, I'll do this tonight. Then I saw the dislike bar being quite sizeable, so I scrolled down to see the comments. A lot of them, I could tell are skeptics treating the video as satire. But when someone commented asking probably what was on many people's minds - is this real or fake, that comment received mixed replies. Some said it's plain fake, the uploader has a thing for faking things, some said it's a fake specs program displaying the RAM capacity, some said he just simply added more RAM off-camera, and some said it actually works.

Questions are: is this video just plain BS? If there's some truth to it, is it safe to try?

Update:

damn, he got me good.

go to the "about" tab on his channel and READ

you're so gullible lol

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

if youre serious it is every single vid of his is BS

1 minute ago, Enderman said:

go to the "about" tab on his channel and READ

you're so gullible lol

As someone who has never seen his videos before, or have even heard of him, I'd have to say, he presented the video quite well then.

Just now, boat said:

As someone who has never seen his videos before, or have even heard of him, I'd have to say, he presented the video quite well then.

That's the joke :)

check out his other videos too, they're hilarious, like wrapping one ethernet cord with another to double your internet speed

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

ayy lmao just dowload more ram from downloadmoreram.com no need for all that effort in the video ))))))))))))

Spoiler

4790k @ 4.5Ghz 1.180v NZXT Kraken X31 | MSI Z97 Krait | Kingston Hyper X Fury 32GB 1866Mhz, 2 DIMMs white and 2 black | GTX 980 Ti - G1 Gaming | GTX 680 - Reference | SilverStone ST75F-P | Phanteks Enthoo Pro

i5-4690k@4.5GHz || MSI GTX 970 || MSI z97 Gaming 5 || NZXT Kraken x61 || WD Black 1TB || Crucial MX100 || 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro || Corsair RM750 || NZXT H440 || Corsair k70 RGB mx browns || Acer H236HL || ViewSonic VX2255wm-4

Water is wet. Now you can test this by touching water with your HAND to see its wet.

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

2 minutes ago, themctipers said:

Water is wet. Now you can test this by touching water, see its wet.

It's not though

If I touch water with a stick, I'm still dry

therefore water is not wet

Spoiler

Just now, Enderman said:

It's not though

If I touch water with a stick, I'm still dry

therefore water is not wet

Thanks, I was starting to second guess myself after your explination!

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

I'll just go ahead and blame YouTube for having the audacity to recommend that video to me out of the blue without showing his disclaimer video in his channel description first.

Everything from ThioJoe is fake stuff and ThioJoeTech is real stuff

Wow i got fooled! xD It's nice of him to throw terms like "simulated annealing" and "stochastic optimization" which leads me to think that the method is to optimize the RAM to handle double the capacity. xD

Just now, yanyan said:

Wow i got fooled! xD It's nice of him to throw terms like "simulated annealing" and "stochastic optimization" which leads me to think that the method is to optimize the RAM to handle double the capacity. xD

Basically what happened to me here. However, I was a bit cautious not to believe it would actually double, but some increase might be observed.