I need help with parts for 2 PC's i want to build

1 minute ago, Becausei'mBatman said:

I wouldn't get an i7 with a 900-1000$ budget, a skylake i5 perhaps but not an i7, also go for r9 390 because it will be more future proof and offers better performance. 

i'll never get AMD processor heard too many nightmares and the i7 has the 1200-1300 budget! my brothers i5 is 900 

1 minute ago, CirclehousePRO said:

i'll never get AMD processor heard too many nightmares and the i7 has the 1200-1300 budget! my brothers i5 is 900 

The 390 is a gpu.

Also, specify for me please, do you already have the cpus and such?

Processors are different from Graphics cards, Radeon cards are great!

✨PC Specs✨

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X | MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus | 16GB Team T-Force 3400MHz | Zotac GTX 1080 AMP EXTREME

BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | NZXT 750W | Phanteks Eclipse P400A

Extras: ASUS Zephyrus G14 (2021) | OnePlus 7 Pro | Fully restored Robosapien V2, Omnibot 2000, Omnibot 5402

Just now, CirclehousePRO said:

r9 390 is a graphics card not a processor, and being biased against one company is wrong, go for what ever offers you more in this case it's amd.

Just now, ShadowTechXTS said:

Processors are different from Graphics cards, Radeon cards are great!

This is accurate.

Just now, Starelementpoke said:

Also, specify for me please, do you already have the cpus and such?

no no i have nothing, purely planning everything so whn the time comes and i have the money i can buy everything and build 

✨PC Specs✨

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X | MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus | 16GB Team T-Force 3400MHz | Zotac GTX 1080 AMP EXTREME

BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | NZXT 750W | Phanteks Eclipse P400A

Extras: ASUS Zephyrus G14 (2021) | OnePlus 7 Pro | Fully restored Robosapien V2, Omnibot 2000, Omnibot 5402

1 minute ago, Starelementpoke said:

This is accurate.

i've heard problems about and GPUs as well sometimes they don't like things and act up 

i've heard problems about and GPUs as well sometimes they don't like things and act up 

That literally happens with anything. I've heard more stories about Nvidia's gpus personally.

3 minutes ago, Becausei'mBatman said:

r9 390 is a graphics card not a processor, and being biased against one company is wrong, go for what ever offers you more in this case it's amd.

i've heard AMD processors (i know know it was a GPU that was brought up) arent as good for editing and heavy loads 

3 minutes ago, CirclehousePRO said:

You can get the 970 if you want but I've had no problems with AMD GPUs or their drivers.

✨PC Specs✨

2 minutes ago, CirclehousePRO said:

i've heard AMD processors (i know know it was a GPU that was brought up) arent as good for editing and heavy loads 

That is also incorrect.

The single core performance is terrible, plus their old. Once AMD "Zen" comes out it *might beat out Intel.

✨PC Specs✨

1 minute ago, ShadowTechXTS said:

You can get the 970 if you want but I've had no problems with AMD GPUs or their drivers.

im more comfortable with Nvidia i think the only thing id get other than a 970 would be if i somehow got enough for a 980 

Yea, amd processors use an ancient socket and are good for budget builds. Like i said i'd go for a r9 390/390x for a gpu, because of their performance per dollar, the gtx970 isn't a bad card, but the r9 390 is simply better.

im more comfortable with Nvidia i think the only thing id get other than a 970 would be if i somehow got enough for a 980 

That's being biased towards one company, i personally regret buying a gtx770 instead of a r9 290 at the time, the r9 290 still holds strong while my 770 feels lackluster in latest games.

10 minutes ago, CirclehousePRO said:

no no i have nothing, purely planning everything so whn the time comes and i have the money i can buy everything and build 

Yours:

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/bP3Dpg
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/bP3Dpg/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K 3.3GHz 6-Core Processor  ($351.98 @ Newegg) 
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($24.89 @ OutletPC) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X99-SLI ATX LGA2011-3 Motherboard  ($133.98 @ Newegg) 
Memory: G.Skill NT Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory  ($56.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Crucial BX200 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($64.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($45.89 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 390 8GB Nitro Video Card  ($309.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Case: NZXT S340 (White) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($63.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Power Supply: EVGA 650W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($62.99 @ NCIX US) 
Total: $1108.69
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-03-24 17:33 EDT-0400

Spend remaining budget on leds and fans at your pleasure.

Your Brother's:

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/bRktVn
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/bRktVn/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($321.98 @ Newegg) 
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus 76.8 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($19.99 @ Newegg) 
Motherboard: MSI Z97 PC MATE ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($78.99 @ NCIX US) 
Memory: Team Dark 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($53.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: PNY CS1311 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($37.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($45.89 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: XFX Radeon R9 390 8GB Double Dissipation Video Card  ($299.99 @ Newegg) 
Case: NZXT S340 (Black/Blue) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($63.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Power Supply: EVGA 650W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($62.99 @ NCIX US) 
Total: $985.80
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-03-24 17:39 EDT-0400

Same deal with his, spend remaining budget on fans and leds at your pleasure. Note, prices are with mail in rebates, if you want me to make the list before rebate prices, just let me know.

7 minutes ago, Becausei'mBatman said:

That's being biased towards one company, i personally regret buying a gtx770 instead of a r9 290 at the time, the r9 290 still holds strong while my 770 feels lackluster in latest games.

RIP Kelper.

2 minutes ago, Becausei'mBatman said:

Maybe i am biased, its just from what i've heard and read AMD is great for good budget performance im not knocking it or anything im just saying with my personal computer that i plan on building a career on ( ik im gay for wanting to be a youtuber/streamer whatever gotta try right) id rather have Nvidia and Intel for the strong work they do even if im not getting Maximum ponies for my money i think in the long run its a smart decision

9 minutes ago, CirclehousePRO said:

I wouldn't recommend it. It's very likely Nvidia will drop Maxwell as they did Kelper when Pascal comes out.

Maybe i am biased, its just from what i've heard and read AMD is great for good budget performance im not knocking it or anything im just saying with my personal computer that i plan on building a career on ( ik im gay for wanting to be a youtuber/streamer whatever gotta try right) id rather have Nvidia and Intel for the strong work they do even if im not getting Maximum ponies for my money i think in the long run its a smart decision

Have you seen the Dx12 performance on AMD cards? In both long and short term, AMD is winning as of now. And the 390 is as of now beating the 970 in a small lead in general performance.

the most powerful gpu on the market right now is the r9 295x2 by amd alongside their radeon pro duo being announced which is 2furyx's packed into 1 card. Nvidia are notorious for gimping their older gen cards. r9 390 beats the 970 in performance and price.

1 minute ago, Becausei'mBatman said:

the most powerful gpu on the market right now is the r9 295x2 by amd alongside their radeon pro duo being announced which is 2furyx's packed into 1 card. Nvidia are notorious for gimping their older gen cards. r9 390 beats the 970 in performance and price.

it's like you guys are amd reps :P why cant i like Nvidia more!