I need help with parts for 2 PC's i want to build

1 minute ago, CirclehousePRO said:

it's like you guys are amd reps :P why cant i like Nvidia more!

We're not saying you can't. However, quite literally, the only reason there is to go 970 is A. If you absolutely need the less power consumption under load. Or B. If the programs you use can ONLY use cuda and nothing else.

Just now, CirclehousePRO said:

it's like you guys are amd reps :P why cant i like Nvidia more!

Like i said gtx 970 is still a good card, are you getting the best performance in this price range? no. will nvidia gimp the 900 line up of cards when pascal comes out? maybe. You aren't loosing out on some insane performance but neither you are using the features that nvidia offers like cuda, gamestreaming and shadowplay

1 minute ago, Becausei'mBatman said:

Like i said gtx 970 is still a good card, are you getting the best performance in this price range? no. will nvidia gimp the 900 line up of cards when pascal comes out? maybe. You aren't loosing out on some insane performance but neither you are using the features that nvidia offers like cuda, gamestreaming and shadowplay

i dont know what pascal is and i was interested in the 970 also because it has 3 display ports, it preforms very well, and i was interested in using the special features Nvidia offers!

i dont know what pascal is and i was interested in the 970 also because it has 3 display ports, it preforms very well, and i was interested in using the special features Nvidia offers!

Special features like what? AMD usually has a very good counter point to most of Nvidia's features, and for the ones it doesn't, there are usually much better 3rd party applications for them.

2 minutes ago, CirclehousePRO said:

The 390 has 3 Display ports as well, also.

How much are you planning to spend?

My Rig:

Xeon E5 1680 V2 @ 4.5GHz - Asus Rampage IV Extreme X79 Mobo - 64GB DDR3 1600MHz - 8 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Low Profile - CAS 10-10-10-27 - AMD Radeon RX 6700XT Sapphire Pulse 12GB - DeepCool E-Shield E-ATX Tempered Glass Case - 1 x 1TB Crucial P1 NVMe SSD - BeQuiet Straight Power 11 850W Gold+ Quad rail - Fractal Design Celsius S36 & 6 x 120mm silent fans - Lenovo KBBH21 - Corsair Glaive RGB Pro - Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

Monitors - 3 x Acer Nitro 23.8" 1080p 75Hz IPS 1ms Freesync Panels = AMD Eyefinity @ 75Hz

Just now, Brennan_Price said:

How much are you planning to spend?

1200-1300 on mine and 900-1000 on my brothers 

3 minutes ago, Starelementpoke said:

The 390 has 3 Display ports as well, also.

ill consider and r9, happy?

1200-1300 on mine and 900-1000 on my brothers 

hmm. Wait are you in the US?

My Rig:

Xeon E5 1680 V2 @ 4.5GHz - Asus Rampage IV Extreme X79 Mobo - 64GB DDR3 1600MHz - 8 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Low Profile - CAS 10-10-10-27 - AMD Radeon RX 6700XT Sapphire Pulse 12GB - DeepCool E-Shield E-ATX Tempered Glass Case - 1 x 1TB Crucial P1 NVMe SSD - BeQuiet Straight Power 11 850W Gold+ Quad rail - Fractal Design Celsius S36 & 6 x 120mm silent fans - Lenovo KBBH21 - Corsair Glaive RGB Pro - Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

Monitors - 3 x Acer Nitro 23.8" 1080p 75Hz IPS 1ms Freesync Panels = AMD Eyefinity @ 75Hz

1 minute ago, CirclehousePRO said:

Hey, we just want you to make a informed decisions, and you've made it clear that you don't know much about AMD cards.

1 minute ago, Brennan_Price said:

hmm. Wait are you in the US?

yes i am!

yes i am!

Oh okay, you may be better off asking someone else then cuz although I know my stuff, I wont be able to get it right with prices etc. Im from UK ya see. It is a real problem with this forum when they ask for prices and things.

My Rig:

Remember, you are buying a pc component not a t shirt or a hat, brand loyalty should not exist in this market.

Just now, Becausei'mBatman said:

Remember, you are buying a pc component not a t shirt or a hat, brand loyalty should not exist in this market.

from what i've heard from people i trust about things they have had problems with AMD and when they switched to Nvidia everything was fixed as well as hearing AMD processors are bad under load so after hearing these things i said to myself hm i should stay away from AMD i might get a little less perfomrance fromNvidia for a little more money but ive heard less problems and better quality, its not brand loyalty man! just going on what i've heard!!

from what i've heard from people i trust about things they have had problems with AMD and when they switched to Nvidia everything was fixed as well as hearing AMD processors are bad under load so after hearing these things i said to myself hm i should stay away from AMD i might get a little less perfomrance fromNvidia for a little more money but ive heard less problems and better quality, its not brand loyalty man! just going on what i've heard!!

you should have also heard about the 3.5gb fiasco, dx12 nvidia's shitty performance and their recent driver update fucking shit up and about them gimping older gen cards.

1 minute ago, Becausei'mBatman said:

you should have also heard about the 3.5gb fiasco, dx12 nvidia's shitty performance and their recent driver update fucking shit up and about them gimping older gen cards.

but games are more optimized for Nvidia 

2 minutes ago, Starelementpoke said:

This is not true.

you and batman are the few people i have seen to recommend a AMD over a Nvidia, and are you sure the r9 has 3 dp?

43 minutes ago, CirclehousePRO said:

you and batman are the few people i have seen to recommend a AMD over a Nvidia, and are you sure the r9 has 3 dp?

The Sapphire one does. What ports the card has depends on the vendor.

40 minutes ago, Starelementpoke said:

The Sapphire one does. What ports the card has depends on the vendor.

oh okay, im doing research on the two cards