I need help with parts for 2 PC's i want to build

Okay so hello I plan on buying and building me and my younger brother computers for both gaming and youtube/streaming because we're both wannabes and i dont really know what parts go with what or what exactly i need. im not a complete scrub but i am very new in this world so here is a list of the parts i want and i would like help as well as recommendations to fill in the blanks 

My PC:

intel i7 4790k

GTX 970 

16 gigs of ram (has to be GDDR 3 right?)

My Brothers PC:

Intel i5 4770

GTX 970

8 gigs of ram (has to be GDDR 3  as well right?)

And that is all i have planned so i still need some good motherboards that will work with these chips and memory but that aren't stupidly expensive (i do have to save and buy both from my pocket) also power supply recommendations as well maybe some good quality well priced SSD, HDD, and case recommendations

Thank you very much i'm sorry if i sound like a super beginner :( but thats why im here  

P.S. I have nothing bought only in the planning stage

Any specific colors or prices? Also You'll probably want a cooler for the 4790k to overclock.

✨PC Specs✨

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X | MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus | 16GB Team T-Force 3400MHz | Zotac GTX 1080 AMP EXTREME

BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | NZXT 750W | Phanteks Eclipse P400A

Extras: ASUS Zephyrus G14 (2021) | OnePlus 7 Pro | Fully restored Robosapien V2, Omnibot 2000, Omnibot 5402

Also are you planning to SLI?

✨PC Specs✨

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X | MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus | 16GB Team T-Force 3400MHz | Zotac GTX 1080 AMP EXTREME

BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | NZXT 750W | Phanteks Eclipse P400A

Extras: ASUS Zephyrus G14 (2021) | OnePlus 7 Pro | Fully restored Robosapien V2, Omnibot 2000, Omnibot 5402

Just now, ShadowTechXTS said:

Any specific colors or prices? Also You'll probably want a cooler for the 4790k to overclock.

For me i like black white and gold with leds to change the flavor when ever i want and my brothers loves blue and i don't even know what SLI-ing is :(((((

Just now, CirclehousePRO said:

For me i like black white and gold with leds to change the flavor when ever i want and my brothers loves blue and i don't even know what SLI-ing is :(((((

SLI is multi-gpu, I'll make the part lists.

✨PC Specs✨

1 minute ago, ShadowTechXTS said:

SLI is multi-gpu, I'll make the part lists.

i had a slight hunch thats what it was (honestly haha) and no i don't ever plan on doing that 

3 minutes ago, Nex Cube said:

Well for starters if you have nothing bought I would get 6th generation CPU's. They don't seem to be much more on Amazon.

Are the ones a i have listed 5th gen? what would you recommend as replacements for the two and what would be the benefit 

12 minutes ago, CirclehousePRO said:

Okay so hello I plan on buying and building me and my younger brother computers for both gaming and youtube/streaming because we're both wannabes and i dont really know what parts go with what or what exactly i need. im not a complete scrub but i am very new in this world so here is a list of the parts i want and i would like help as well as recommendations to fill in the blanks 

My PC:

intel i7 4790k

GTX 970 

16 gigs of ram (has to be GDDR 3 right?)

My Brothers PC:

Intel i5 4770

GTX 970

8 gigs of ram (has to be GDDR 3  as well right?)

And that is all i have planned so i still need some good motherboards that will work with these chips and memory but that aren't stupidly expensive (i do have to save and buy both from my pocket) also power supply recommendations as well maybe some good quality well priced SSD, HDD, and case recommendations

Thank you very much i'm sorry if i sound like a super beginner :( but thats why im here  

P.S. I have nothing bought only in the planning stage

You know what'd be useful? The budget for both computers.

No, you listed 4th generation CPU's. They are still good, but I can't recommend buying those when you could spend around 50 bucks more and get 6th gen. They would be much faster, it's better, newer architecture.

1 minute ago, Nex Cube said:

No, you listed 4th generation CPU's. They are still good, but I can't recommend buying those when you could spend around 50 bucks more and get 6th gen. They would be much faster, it's better, newer architecture.

They aren't actually that much faster. Only a 5% ipc improvement.

Just now, Starelementpoke said:

You know what'd be useful? The budget for both computers.

okay lets say 1200-1300 for mine, 900-1000  for my brothers 

1 minute ago, CirclehousePRO said:

okay lets say 1200-1300 for mine, 900-1000  for my brothers 

USD? Will you need monitors and peripherals?

1 minute ago, Starelementpoke said:

They aren't actually that much faster. Only a 5% ipc improvement.

I didn't know that. Seems like 2 generations would improve a lot more than that, lol. In that case it's just a question of if it's worth it to you.

Just now, Nex Cube said:

I didn't know that. Seems like 2 generations would improve a lot more than that, lol. In that case it's just a question of if it's worth it to you.

Yeah, recent generations haven't been improving as much as you think. Why do you think people are still running 2500ks and 2600ks.

Yours: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/HwPqK8

Your Brother's: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/q3FkCJ

If you want skylake (6th gen) I can make you parts list for those too

Edited by ShadowTechXTS

✨PC Specs✨

Yeah, recent generations haven't been improving as much as you think. Why do you think people are still running 2500ks and 2600ks.

My bad. I'm still learning some things. Thank you for clearing that up, I was actually wanting to upgrade my mobo and CPU myself. Maybe not really necessary I guess.

1 minute ago, Starelementpoke said:

USD? Will you need monitors and peripherals?

yes USD and yes i will need monitors but im not including that in the budget because they can wait for now, although if you know of any for a decent price i really want 3 27-28 inch ips display monitors with refresh rate of over 60 or just some decent TN panels ones the same size with a good refresh rate

Just now, Nex Cube said:

My bad. I'm still learning some things. Thank you for clearing that up, I was actually wanting to upgrade my mobo and CPU myself. Maybe not really necessary I guess.

Yeah, not quite yet. Haswell still has years to go before obsolescence.

I wouldn't get an i7 with a 900-1000$ budget, a skylake i5 perhaps but not an i7, also go for r9 390 because it will be more future proof and offers better performance. 

Sub Par psu, not that SSD. And 8 gbs is nowhere enough for streaming.

He said his brother needed 8 gigs and the PSU and SSD are fine. He can get an 850 evo if he wants.

✨PC Specs✨