What's the most important aspect of your PC?

What do you care about most when you build a PC? Is it a reliable storage solution? Fast data transfer and boot time? Maybe just the brute force of your GPU. 

Obviously you should balance your build so you're not putting a Core 2 Duo next to a Titan, but if you had to chose one individual aspect, what would it be? 

Personally, it's the look of my build. I care so much (probably a little too much) about the aesthetics. I bought a Sabertooth Z77 just for the looks and plan on getting either 2x EVGA 780s or Titans with the ACX cooler, mainly for the looks. Another one is my Corsair Dominator Platinums, they're not much better than other RAM, but they look so damn good. 

After looks, I'd have to go with the power of my GPU. I mainly use my PC for gaming, so that's important to me. 

For me it would be my GPU, since I use my rig mainly for games. (even though it is not really current gen anymore)

On the other hand, I got my Ducky in the mail a few days ago and I absolutely LOVE IT!

New to Star Citizen? Look no further!

For me it would be my GPU, since I use my rig mainly for games. (even though it is not really current gen anymore)

On the other hand, I got my Ducky in the mail a few days ago and I absolutely LOVE IT!

Did you get the Shine 3? Just had a look at the Shine 3 Snake, it looks so nice. 

As you said, every piece is important... but I have probably dumped more money into GPUs than anything else at the moment. Liquid cooled SLI 670's have treated me very well :)

Corsair 900D | MSI MPower Max Z87 AC | i7-4790K @ 4.7Ghz | 1080 Ti SLI | 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400 
XSPC Raystorm | EK-FC Nickel GPU block/backplate | 2x Alphacool UT60 480mm & XT45 240mm | 11x Linus Edition NF-F12
Schiit Modi/Magni 2 Uber | 5" KRK Rokit G3 | KRK 10S2 | Acer Predator X34 | Dell S2716DG

Acx titan? Where?

My Best 2013 Bitfenix Prodigy Build  Case: Bitfenix Prodigy White | Motherboard: ASRock Z77E-ITX | CPU: Intel i7 3770k | CPU Cooler: H100i | GPU: GTX 690

Fan Controller: Bitfenix Recon | Ram: Patriot IEM 16GB @ 1600mhz | Primary Storage: 2 x Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | Backup Drives: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 2TB | PSU: Seasonic X850

Did you get the Shine 3? Just had a look at the Shine 3 Snake, it looks so nice. 

Yup, the Shine 3 with MX Brown and blue LED.

I am considering making a review at some point. Interested?

New to Star Citizen? Look no further!

GPU+CPU high priority with storage speed and boot times least priority.

CPU:Intel Core i7-3770k@4.5Ghz |GPU: EVGA GTX 670 FTW B) Signature 2 |Motherboard: MSI Mpower Z77 Big Bang |RAM: 16GB G.skill Ripjaws X @ 1600 MHz |HDD: WD 2TB|Case: Corsair Obsidian 800DPSU: Corsair TX850|MouseLogitech G400 + Steelseries Qck Heavy |Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow |Monitor: X-Star DP2710 1440p :rolleyes: |Headies: CM Storm Sirus S 5.1 

Yup, the Shine 3 with MX Brown and blue LED.

I am considering making a review at some point. Interested?

Definitely. I'm still looking at getting an MX Brown keyboard for typing, so I'd love to see what you think of it. It's not that small, but it looks so good that it doesn't matter. 

The most important bit for me is my cpu and motherboard.
As long as they work i can swap out the stuff around it when i feel like it.

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

My GPU. Indubitably. 

Life is pain. Anyone who says any different is either selling something or the government.

----CPU: FX-6300 @ 4.2ghz----COOLER: Hyper 212 EVO----MOBO: MSI 970A-G46----PSU: OCZ 600watt----CASE: Black Corsair C70----GPU: Sapphire 7870 dual fan ghz edtion----2 random HDD'S----A couple fans here and there. Mouse: Gigabyte M6900-------Keyboard: Logitech G105-----Mousepad: Steel series something something.

I would have to say balance. All parts of my build cost about the same (CPU, monitor, GPU, case+PSU and so on). If I had to pick one, then it would be my NAS. If you count that as a single item then it's by far the most expensive computer item I got as well. If that doesn't count as a part of my computer then I'll have to say none, since downgrading any part of my build (except my case or PSU) would result in a much worse experience for me.

If you're talking about when I build a computer for someone else then it depends on what that person is going to use it for. If it's a gaming PC then of course I'll spend the most on the GPU since that's the most important for that task. I don't give a damn about looks though. For example when my sister asked me to build a PC for her I got her a good CPU and an SSD, then I just threw on an old graphics card I had lying around. Since she does mostly general stuff like web browsing, and next to no gaming that would give her a better expensive than a fast GPU.

When my brother asked me to build him a computer I got a mid range CPU and a slightly higher end GPU for him, and a mechanical HDD. Since he does a lot of gaming, the better GPU would benefit him more than fast boot time for example.

Psu. I have seen computers built by people i know and almost every time they dont do the proper research in a psu. One of my friends' psu surged and fried his gpu. It was a used off brand psu with no protection. The psu imo is the most important part. A bad one can start a fire or even in very very super rare cases can electrocute and kill you. Think about it. If there is an exposed wire or capacitor, what will happen to your heart if the wall power + the stored power get to you?

Forgive the formatting i am on my iphone... And i even said i would probably never be on here on my phone. Good job designers for a great mobile version

I get 60 frames at 1080p on a dual core APU. Ask me how.

AMD FX 8350 CPU / R9 280X GPU / Asus M5A97 LE R 2.0 motherboard / 8GB Kingston HyperX Blue 1600 RAM / 128G OCZ Vertex 4 SSD / 256G Crucial SSD / 2T WD Black HDD / 1T Seagate Barracude HDD / Antec Earthwatts 650W PSU / Coolermaster HAF 922 Case