Using a 5 year old PC is really sad according to Apple

Sevilla

Could i also point out that the Mac Pro (the trashcan lookin thing) is supposed to be apples top tier desktop aimed at content creators and "professionals". This is supposed to be the newest and best thing apple has to offer and it runs off hardware from 2013. I don't know the exact specs of the machine but i know that they haven't updated the hardware since 2013. If they think having 5 year old hardware is sad then whats to say about the 4 year old hardware they're claiming is the most powerful machine they offer. I'm not saying the mac pro is a slow machine, it does work, but it's a little hypocritical that they're saying its "sad" to be using older hardware when they are using hardware that I believe is 2 generations behind.  

1 hour ago, TidaLWaveZ said:

I know all the enthusiast vs average consumer hoopla has been mentioned, but I have an X58 desktop that was built nearly a decade ago that can still blow the doors off current apple devices.  Maybe they should make an article about that.

Except if you learn final cut, then you don't stand a chance.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

1 hour ago, djdwosk97 said:

Except if you learn final cut, then you don't stand a chance.

I can only assume that you're talking about the Mac Pro's or MacBook Pro's. The article is touting the iPad pro as a desktop replacement, I haven't looked up any numbers but I'm pretty confident that my X58 would top it(unless final cut is custom tailored to Macs or something of the sort).  I'd be very surprised to learn otherwise.

On a side note I can't think of any reason I'd ever need to use Final Cut, I would never abandon my cherished Adobe Suite! xD  

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

1 hour ago, TidaLWaveZ said:

I can only assume that you're talking about the Mac Pro's or MacBook Pro's. The article is touting the iPad pro as a desktop replacement, I haven't looked up any numbers but I'm pretty confident that my X58 would top it(unless final cut is custom tailored to Macs or something of the sort).  I'd be very surprised to learn otherwise.

On a side note I can't think of any reason I'd ever need to use Final Cut, I would never abandon my cherished Adobe Suite! xD  

Final cut has ridiculous levels of optimization (far more than I ever realized). Hardware Canucks just posted a video about it that I would suggest at least skimming through.

if there was an iOS version of final cut and it had even half the level of optimization as the OS X version then i think it would actually give your system a run for its money.

P.s. I don't render personally, so I don't know if the video covers all the usual rendering bases or not. 

Edit:

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.