Belgian Airport Attack - more sad news

suxen

I was just in Brussels yesterday. There was an atmosphere of relief a few days earlier as they had caught Abdelasam. 

My thoughts are with the brave Belgians. 

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

Thank F**K you're OK.  Did you fly?

Yeah - turns out Abdeslam's capture may well have lead to these attacks.

Fucking scum.  Obviously I only mean the attackers/extremists causing havoc for everyone.  No matter what religion.

EDIT

just noticed you're Ireland too (as am I) , you must of flown :S

A friend his girlfriend saw the attacks in Zaventem, that's pretty fucked up. I was in the bus when I heard they bombed a metrostation too ...

Anyway my father picked me up from uni and I'm back home, thankfully.

Why is SpongeBob the main character when Patrick is the star?

Good to hear you're all OK.

Heart goes out to all of Belgium.

Knew a few people who were in Paris last year - I get more outraged and scared every time it happens.

I've a flight to Stockholm on Thursday with two different stops - one there and one on the way back.  Can't help but feel a little nervous.

Bunch of f**king cowards.

I really am beginning to wonder when the terrorists will realize that the more they commit these kinds of chicken shit attacks, the more suffering they will bring on their own people.

Seriously, how do they not get this?

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

26 minutes ago, suxen said:

Thank F**K you're OK.  Did you fly?

Yeah - turns out Abdeslam's capture may well have lead to these attacks.

Fucking scum.  Obviously I only mean the attackers/extremists causing havoc for everyone.  No matter what religion.

EDIT

just noticed you're Ireland too (as am I) , you must of flown :S

Thanks man, yep, nearly bought a Tuesday ticket - so freaky. 

Yeah, its such a different war were liking now a days. 

Ayy! whats up lad ;) lol

9 minutes ago, suxen said:

Good to hear you're all OK.

Heart goes out to all of Belgium.

Knew a few people who were in Paris last year - I get more outraged and scared every time it happens.

I've a flight to Stockholm on Thursday with two different stops - one there and one on the way back.  Can't help but feel a little nervous.

But yeah heart goes out to them alright. 

Hopefully that's the last of it, it'll be a weird atmosphere in the airport. 

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

2 minutes ago, JoeyDM said:

Because they're idiots.

I know that, but at some point they have to realize they're only hurting themselves.

Otherwise, this shit will never end.

3 minutes ago, Trik'Stari said:

I'm a firm believe that large-scale terrorism is an education issue, rather than a moral issue or a religious issue. (it is obviously a moral issue, but I'm talking about the root) Uneducated people are more likely to... Well... I fucking despise this term... Be sheep. Blindly follow; your intelligent leaders will make decisions for you.

2 minutes ago, Trik'Stari said:

I know that, but at some point they have to realize they're only hurting themselves.

Otherwise, this shit will never end.

and in america, it's already enough to deal with the fact some americans think all muslims in general are "terrorists" and seeing isis do this shit only strengthens their ideas. but fuck those people . they're just normal people trying to live normal lives.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Just now, JoeyDM said:

I'm a firm believe that large-scale terrorism is an education issue, rather than a moral issue or a religious issue. Uneducated people are more likely to... Well... I fucking despise this term... Be sheep. Blindly follow; your intelligent leaders will make decisions for you.

How do you educate people so blindly brainwashed into not trusting education? We try building schools for their people, and they blow them up.

1 minute ago, Trik'Stari said:

How do you educate people so blindly brainwashed into not trusting education? We try building schools for their people, and they blow them up.

It takes more than one generation to make changes like that. You kinda... Have to wait for those people to die and hope that not as many of their children inherit those feelings. And then those children. And so on.

At least that's how I see it.

6 minutes ago, JoeyDM said:

I'm a firm believe that large-scale terrorism is an education issue, rather than a moral issue or a religious issue. (it is obviously a moral issue, but I'm talking about the root) Uneducated people are more likely to... Well... I fucking despise this term... Be sheep. Blindly follow; your intelligent leaders will make decisions for you.

5 minutes ago, terrytek said:

and in america, it's already enough to deal with the fact some americans think all muslims in general are "terrorists" and seeing isis do this shit only strengthens their ideas. but fuck those people . they're just normal people trying to live normal lives.

5 minutes ago, Trik'Stari said:

Education?

It's propaganda - look at Nazi Germany.  Same thing just on a smaller scale.

You could possibly place propaganda under the heading of education, but in the Middle East and 1940's Germany, I stand by seriously convincing and intelligent propaganda. 

What I'm trying to say is - propaganda comes first, education comes later.

Just now, suxen said:

You could possibly place propaganda under the heading of education

I do. Sorry for not clarifying that.

Having amazing orators (such as Hitler) on your side absolutely helps. That helps swing intelligent people onto your side.

1 minute ago, JoeyDM said:

I do. Sorry for not clarifying that.

Having amazing orators (such as Hitler) on your side absolutely helps. That helps swing intelligent people onto your side.

Gotcha, nice to all be on the same page in this thread lol.

2 minutes ago, suxen said:

Education?

It's propaganda - look at Nazi Germany.  Same thing just on a smaller scale.

You could possibly place propaganda under the heading of education, but in the Middle East and 1940's Germany, I stand by seriously convincing and intelligent propaganda. 

The point is, how do we get these retards to stop blowing people up?

Just nuke them fukers -.-! Seriously, a portuguese dude got an interview with a local journalist over here and it turned he had recruited thousands of new islamic state fighters, without local authorities ever misjudging his actions and he had traveled back and forth from here to Syria, dozens of times. In the middle of the interview, he invited the reporter and even told him hed offer him protection from his brothers. Dont know what happened later, since the stupid interview ended with him saying "My wife makes great meals and i have to go now. Talk to you later". A conversation on the phone, trough Syria and Portugal... He said he wanted the world to see how the villans were the US and Europe, not them, and that the populations should learn to believe in only one God, which is theirs! Gah, this is like war on drugs. Never ends, and the solution is in front of us, but were afraid of future repercussions and World War III, while millions die every day from consequences far worst than what of an international agreement could do... to stop those guys once and for all!

Groomlake Authority

2 minutes ago, Trik'Stari said:

Ugh. I hate to say this. Crush their spirits. Completely and utterly. Ex/ Japan WW2. Remind them what a global superpower really is.

Maybe there's another way. I'm hardly an expert on this field, and I don't really condone the use of nukes, purely for the fact that it's a slippery slope waiting to begin someday, best not to start it now.

6 minutes ago, JoeyDM said:

It takes more than one generation to make changes like that. You kinda... Have to wait for those people to die and hope that not as many of their children inherit those feelings. And then those children. And so on.

At least that's how I see it.

Yep, hear in Northern Ireland we are waiting on an ex member of the IRA - Martin McGuinness to die.  The opposition, most notably Ian Paisley is already dead.  We are half way there.

EDIT

McGuinness is our DEPUTY HEAD MINISTER!!

3 minutes ago, Trik'Stari said:

Well, after the Paris attacks there has been severe lock down on any extremist "propaganda" promoted over social networks such as twitter, FB etc.  

That's a start, because we are hurting via people watching youtube channels of extremists promoting their anti western bullshit.

This is a start.

Don't ask me how we attack the heart of the problem - I'm a pacifist - but war is my only answer...

5 minutes ago, JoeyDM said:

Ugh. I hate to say this. Crush their spirits. Completely and utterly. Ex/ Japan WW2. Remind them what a global superpower really is.

Maybe there's another way. I'm hardly an expert on this field, and I don't really condone the use of nukes, purely for the fact that it's a slippery slope waiting to begin someday, best not to start it now.

I, unfortunately, agree :(

Seems like fire is the only way to put out the fire in this case.

Just wish violence wasn't the only option, but extremists aren't exactly giving much of an option.

I heard it on the New as well. :( I hope the people of Belgium and the people at the airports. 

I was out with my mum shopping, got called a "terrorist". I had to talk some sense into him. Not all Muslims are terrorists. I'll stop here before people start getting upset. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

1 minute ago, Abdul201588 said:

I heard it on the New as well. :( I hope the people of Belgium and the people at the airports. 

I was out with my mum shopping, got called a "terrorist". I had to talk some sense into him. Not all Muslims are terrorists. I'll stop here before people start getting upset. 

So sad to hear, we have a lot of Muslim (I'm guessing you are?) people here too, although they don't seem to get the same abuse as the UK, probably because of Northern Ireland's "other" concerns.

It always saddens me to hear this association with religion and extremism.

I apologise on behalf of all the fucking idiots out there who can't educate themselves enough to know the difference.

It must hit people like you hard when something like this happens.

6 minutes ago, suxen said:

So sad to hear, we have a lot of Muslim (I'm guessing you are?) people here too, although they don't seem to get the same abuse as the UK, probably because of Northern Ireland's "other" concerns.

It always saddens me to hear this association with religion and extremism.

I apologise on behalf of all the fucking idiots out there who can't educate themselves enough to know the difference.

It must hit people like you hard when something like this happens.

Thanks. No need to apologies. People are just uneducated. it happened in Watford at Costco. I spoke to him for a good 30 minutes. My mum and carried on with the shopping. In the end he apologised. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.