Electronic tattoo tracks the heat running through your veins

TestedMATTIA

Rogers has been working on a series of super-thin, flexible electronics that are both wearable and totally unnoticeable to their wearer — they're so thin, they've often been referred to as electronic tattoos. His research team's latest device contains a hypersensitive thermometer that he says can do the job of a quarter-million dollar thermal infrared camera, even though it costs only pennies worth of parts. Not only can the wearable thermometer do the same job, Rogers says that it can do it better: because it attaches to the skin, it can measure temperature over a long period of time, during a person's day-to-day activities, and without its target shifting around and introducing inaccuracies to a camera's steady sensor.

source: http://www.theverge.com/2013/9/15/4724528/ultrathin-wearable-thermometer-watches-heat-move-through-blood

post-33219-0-23806400-1379278768_thumb.j

Edited by TestedMATTIA

Intel3570k  at  4.5ghz 1.300v  Noctua NH-D14    Gigabyte Gtx 970 G1   AsrockZ77 Extreme 6/TB4     Corsair8Gb vengeance memory    120GB Corsair Force SSD     1TB WD black      NZXT Switch 810

As a Christian this makes me think of the mark of the beast. So yeah I'm sure I'll get one /s (100% not unless proven wrong)

Still not gonna wear a tattoo. But its sounds like for example something professional athletes could use and probably many more uses.

It isn't a tattoo, it is just compared to tattoos due to its very slim form factor.

This might be the first step towards having a complete health-check 24/7. Just imagine if the computer in your skin or wherever it shall be can pre-diagnose something like a heart attack before it even happens, so that you can get to a hospital and prevent it from even happening.

This kind of technology has the potential to increase lifetimes like no other previous inventions, oh man the future will be epic :D

AMD FX8320 @3.5ghz |  Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3  |  Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1600mhz  |  Hyper 412s  |  Gigabyte windforceR9 290  |  BeQuiet! 630w  |  Asus Xonar DGX  |  CoolerMast HAF 912+  |  Samsung 840 120gb

2 WD red 1tb RAID0  |  WD green 2tb(external, backup)  |  Asus VG278He  |  LG Flatron E2240  |  CMstorm Quickfire TK MXbrown  |  Sharkoon Fireglider  |  Audio Technica ATH700X

#KILLEDMYWIFE

God, that's cool.

I can't wait for the future to come:

post-653-0-89322300-1379333495_thumb.png

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use, and by some other means to give us knowledge which we can attain by them. - Galileo Galilei
Build Logs: Tophat (in progress), DNAF | Useful Links: How To: Choosing Your Storage Devices and Configuration, Case Study: RAID Tolerance to Failure, Reducing Single Points of Failure in Redundant Storage , Why Choose an SSD?, ZFS From A to Z (Eric1024), Advanced RAID: Survival Rates, Flashing LSI RAID Cards (alpenwasser), SAN and Storage Networking

God, that's cool.

I can't wait for the future to come:

attachicon.gifgraph2.png

i want a future of cats :3333

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

that is awesome!!! i want one!!! that would be so cool to like tattoo something that u can like unlock your car with or something.