Low Cost Build, Need Advice!

I'm helping my girlfriend build a new computer that she will use for everyday things like web surfing, paying bills, and for her daughter to do her homework on. I want to keep cost low but also want it to last her a little while until she can upgrade a few of the parts. I'm looking for a good mini ITX motherboard and I want to stick with Intel with either an i3 or Pentium processor, but I'll take suggestions for an AMD build as well. I was looking to put it into a Node 202 with the included 450w power supply, or maybe a Node 304. I was also looking at a few of Corsair's smaller form factor cases to shove it in.

I usually would be able to build one on my own, but I've never really looked at mini ITX before and don't know what I'm looking for. And I haven't worked with AMD much so I don't know much about their processors, but that doesn't mean that I won't use them if it makes sense.

Any feedback is appreciated and thank you in advance.

AMD APU build  with 8gb DDR3 1866 or 1600 , a budget motherboard and a decent  reliable psu with a Harddrive (ssd would just run the bill up) if you have the os around 320 dollars , if not then factor in cost of the OS assuming windows.

Shes not going to be gaming too much it doesnt sound like and if she wants to run light games the apu should do the trick fine.

Ill post a build up soon as I get  the list done you in Cali. so NEWEGG ftw. (IMO)

3 minutes ago, Josephdalepi said:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/qpwkFT

done

micro, not mini, but done

you can't use DDR3 with a skylake cpu, you have to use DDR4 or DDR3L. :) DDR3L is stupid expensive and really isn't worth it. :)

I suck a typing, preparw for typos.

Desktop

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x MOBO: MSI X570-A Pro RAM: 32 GB Corsair DDR4

GPUS: Gigabyte GTX 1660ti OC 6G  CASE: Corsair Carbide 100R STORAGE: Samsung Evo 960 500GB, Crucial P1 M.2 NVME 1TB   PSU: Corsair CX550M CPU COOLER: Corsair H100x

LAPTOP

Apple Macbook Pro 13 M1 Pro

i would personally go for the build that AlexTheRose posted, it's cheap, power efficient and generally a well done computer if you're not a gamer. :) 

If you want an ekstra shot of performance, put in a Nvidia GTX 950 graphicscard, if a low tier card but if she isn't doing a lot of gaming, then you won't need a big card at all. :) The 950 has more than enough power to run most games on a low/medium preset and games like League of Legends wouldn't be any problem, it would be able to run it maxed out at 100+ fps. :)

1 minute ago, Toxicknight79 said:

Not bad. :) But i think she'll want to rip off her ears after a few months if you stick with the stock AMD cooling solution. :P Those get sooooo noisy so fast. ;)

2 minutes ago, DjZaze said:

Not bad. :) But i think she'll want to rip off her ears after a few months if you stick with the stock AMD cooling solution. :P Those get sooooo noisy so fast. ;)

the version i posted is with the new cooler  that isnt the noisy one they redid the coolers  and  updated them this year

Just now, Toxicknight79 said:

thats the new cooler  that isnt the noisy one they redid the coolers  and  updated them this year

Ah ok cool. :) I remember when i had an FX-8150, the cooler on that one was really damn loud. :)

43 minutes ago, Toxicknight79 said:

I updated the post to include the intel build which some how and I dont know how , came out cheaper lol.

Edit found out the issue ,,,, the amd  build is actually 305.99 my bad. mustve double added somewhere.

2 minutes ago, Toxicknight79 said:

I updated the post to include the intel build which some how and I dont know how , came out cheaper lol.

Might be because it's an amd APU and not CPU, i don't know but it's my best guess. :) I'm quite surprised that the intel build is cheaper as well, intel builds is almost always expensive compared to AMD builds. :)

1 minute ago, DjZaze said:

Might be because it's an amd APU and not CPU, i don't know but it's my best guess. :) I'm quite surprised that the intel build is cheaper as well, intel builds is almost always expensive compared to AMD builds. :)

no i derped ,,, the amd build is 305.92 not 336.61

Just now, Toxicknight79 said:

no i derped ,,, the amd build is 305.92 not 336.61

oh lol. xD

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Pentium G4400 3.3GHz Dual-Core Processor  ($64.99 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: ASRock H110M-ITX/ac Mini ITX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($69.98 @ Newegg) 
Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory  ($31.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Crucial BX200 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($64.99 @ Amazon) 
Case: Fractal Design Node 202 HTPC Case w/450W Power Supply  ($139.99 @ Amazon) 
Total: $371.94
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-03-18 10:29 EDT-0400

Got the Node 202 in it.

I TRUST THIS PENTIUM CHIP WITH ALL MY LIFE.

"The Dead Legacy" (Since: XX.XX.2010) || CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E7500 2.93 GHz || HSF: Stock Intel HSF || MB: MSI P35 Neo 2 LGA 775 || RAM: Kingston/Samsung/PQi 1 + 2x1 + 2 GB DDR2 667 MHz || GPU: Palit NVidia GeForce 9800 GT 1 GB GDDR3 || HDD: Seagate Barracuda 80 GB (OS Drive) / 1 TB (Main Storage) SATA II/III || HDD: Hitachi 320 GB (Backup Storage) IDE || ODD: LG DVD-RW (KIA) IDE || PSU: Generic PSU 500W Non-Modular (Korean) ATX || Case: Generic Case (No Fans) ATX Mid-Tower || Monitor: Samsung SyncMaster 12" LED 1280x1024p || Speaker: Creative SBS 240 2.1 || KB: Generic Gaming (Full, No Macro) Keyboard || Mouse: T-REX Evolve Gaming Multi-Color Modded (RED LED Permanent) || Mousepad: Generic (Small) Black 

"The Chimera's Lair" (Since: 01.18.2016) || CPU: Intel Core™ i7-6700K 4.0 GHz (4.5 GHz OC) Skylake || HSF: NZXT Kraken X61 CLC || MB: MSI Z170A Gaming M5 LGA1151 || RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V Red 2x8 GB DDR4 2400 MHz || GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 970 Gaming Edition 4 GB GDDR5 || SSD: Sandisk SSD Plus 240 GB (OS Drive) SATA III || HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2  TB (Mass Storage) SATA III / Seagate Barracuda 1  TB (Games Storage) SATA III  || PSU: Seasonic M12II Evo 620W Fully-Modular ATX || Case: NZXT S340 Black/Red ATX Mid-Tower || Monitor: ASUS VC239H 23"  Frameless AH-IPS LED 1920x1080p (Not Yet Bought)